2024-2025 Schedule Thread

DRK331

Starter
Scheduling News: George Mason will host UNC Asheville on Tuesday December 3rd as part of its 2024-25 non-conference schedule. This is a buy game with a $75,000 guarantee.

Tweet:

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Penn was really off last year. 11-18 (3-11). I'm thinking this will be an easy win. I always welcome Ivy schools however.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Penn was really off last year. 11-18 (3-11). I'm thinking this will be an easy win. I always welcome Ivy schools however.
Penn Class of 82 here

Penn has sucked for a long time and will continue to do so
My freshman year we went to the Final Four -that will never happen again.
I was lamenting yesterday with a member of that team on how far the team has fallen.

Penn has gotten better academically, so some prospective athletes are not eligible academically
Cost is now > $80k/year so most good athletes will go elsewhere and get a scholarship
Inner city education has gotten worse and unless you are #1 or #2 in you class you wont get admitted
The Final Four Team consisted mainly of public-school kids from NYC/LI and Philly
Penn recently went for a stretch of at least 6 years with NO public-school graduates on the team

NIL has made it worse
The stars for each team stay a year then transfer for the NIL money
e.g. Dingle from Penn to St. Johns where he is supposedly getting mid 6 figures

Personally, I'd much rather this be an away game so players and fans could see the Palestra - The Cathedral of College Basketball

End of Season KenPom
1718907902656.png

Last edited:

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
UNC Asheville was 22-12 overall and 12-4 (2nd Place) in the Big South last season. They lost the conference tourney final to Longwood 85-59.
End of Season KenPom

1718907811373.png

Not gonna be popular with some folks, but until they change the NET formula, the best schedule is one that includes a lot of teams we can demolish by 20+ points.

It sucks, but the NET rewards teams more for beating NJIT by 35 than going on the road and beating Tulane by 3.

Don’t want to get to March 2025 and be outside the bubble because we refused to participate in gaming a crappy system.
I agree and understand with what you are saying
but what is the effect on home attendance for these types of games?

maybe we should limit the KenPom 300+ games to those teams in VA, DC, and MD so that more of their fans will attend that game at GMU?

FreeGunston12

All-American
Penn Class of 82 here

Penn has sucked for a long time and will continue to do so
My freshman year we went to the Final Four -that will never happen again.
I was lamenting yesterday with a member of that team on how far the team has fallen.

Penn has gotten better academically, so some prospective athletes are not eligible academically
Cost is now > $80k/year so most good athletes will go elsewhere and get a scholarship
Inner city education has gotten worse and unless you are #1 or #2 in you class you wont get admitted
The Final Four Team consisted mainly of public-school kids from NYC/LI and Philly
Penn recently went for a stretch of at least 6 years with NO public-school graduates on the team

NIL has made it worse
The stars for each team stay a year then transfer for the NIL money
e.g. Dingle from Penn to St. Johns where he is supposedly getting mid 6 figures

Personally, I'd much rather this be an away game so players and fans could see the Palestra - The Cathedral of College Basketball

End of Season KenPom
View attachment 2358
Could it be a home and home? Do we know if it's a buy game?

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
For a hot minute I thought ''Oh wow, Penn State coming to Fairfax is awesome'', and then I realized it was UPenn. Rather different.
Haha- yeah the h/h we did with them under Paulsen was cool. Doubt that will happen again.

Could it be a home and home? Do we know if it's a buy game?
Pretty sure It’s a buy game. We generally buy games from UPenn with the exception being the 1 h/h we did. I wouldn’t mind doing a 2/1 but they’d have to improve a bit.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Multi-Team Event (MTE) NEWS: Marquette will host George Mason as part of its home MTE, per multiple sources. GMU will be the secondary host within this format and have home tilts against Central Michigan and Stony Brook. All dates are TBA.

Tweet:

Time to win some games, gentlemen ... and PiKap.

Time to win some games, gentlemen ... and PiKap
Do you think it’s at the Al McGuire center because we’re not viewed as a big enough opponent for the bucks arena? The nba schedule isn’t out yet . I’m hopeful we will be viewed as a big time opponent soon with the positive gains under Tony Skinn.