2023-24 Women's Basketball

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Thanks! I hadn't heard anything other than what the Loyola announcers said. First, they said she wasn't dressed for that game after not playing in the previous game and later "corrected" themselves indicating that she wasn't even at the Loyola game. No mention of either injury or disciplinary action.
I am concerned about the accuracy of my information now. I thought I heard them say she was dressed, but, you probably heard it better. I did a quick look at the video on espn, and even though the camera position is odd (behind the bench, not from across the bench), I didn't see any evidence that she was sitting on the bench.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I am concerned about the accuracy of my information now. I thought I heard them say she was dressed, but, you probably heard it better. I did a quick look at the video on espn, and even though the camera position is odd (behind the bench, not from across the bench), I didn't see any evidence that she was sitting on the bench.
To be fair, I may have misheard the "first" part, but when they came back to the topic a little later in the game, I'm pretty sure of the "corrected" part that she wasn't there.

Concussion protocol, maybe? Hope she can get back for these upcoming games.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm pretty sure the LoyChi announcers got it wrong when they said she was in uniform. I thought I spotted her in black warm-ups with the other unavailable players, but it was hard to be sure with that Cameron Indoor camera angle.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"As a team, Saint Joe's boasts the second-best scoring defense in the conference, allowing just 53.7 points per game (7th nationally). The Hawks have also shot the ball extremely well on the other side of the court, converting a conference-best 80.0% of their free throws and a conference-second-best 45.2% of their shots from the field. SJU also leads the league with a 1.16 assist/turnover ratio."

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
GMU vs St. Joe's
Only 10 women suited up for GMU
Playing in pink uniforms
Sentara Health Care is the game sponsor
Mason up 10-4 at the first to
3 mins left in Q1

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Getting rattled here in the 2nd quarter... St. Joseph's on 13-0 run... Mason has not scored on past 4 minutes

20-11 Mason has become 24-20 St. Joseph's

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Offense goes cold
Mason down 33-26 at the half

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Physically outmatched
Poor foul shooting
Mason loses by 12

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Team Names1234T
Saint Joseph's82591759
George Mason131381347

Game Stats
Saint Joseph's
George Mason
Points5947
FG22-5220-60
FG%42.333.3
3P5-164-18
3P%31.322.2
FT10-123-14
FT%83.321.4
Rebounds3838
Offensive Rebounds714
Defensive Rebounds3124
Ties00
Lead Changes11
Time with Lead24:5414:26
Lead % of Game62.336.1
Last Lead20-19
Last Lead: Time4:54 (2nd)
Largest Lead1410
Largest Lead: Score59-4518-8
Largest Lead: Time1:32 (4th)8:50 (2nd)
Assists76
Turnovers1612
Bench Points714
Blocks04
On Court Points5234
Fastbreak Points26
Steals38
Points off Turnovers1019
Points in the Paint2818
Second Chance Points27
Personal Fouls916
Technical Fouls00
Possessions6565
ST0:000:00

Last edited:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
3-14 from the charity stripe. Yikes.
Actually went to the game, hoping for an outcome that would help wash away the disappointment with the men's recent play. Alas, the positive vibe only lasted through the first period after which St. Joe's was clearly the better squad. Bigger at most positions, enough so that we had trouble finding open 3's and couldn't get many clean shots driving to the basket.

On offense the Hawks were hard to stop close in (actually resembled Loyola's success in the second half against the men) and Ziegler had herself a game (4-6 inside, 3-7 from 3, and 14 rebounds). There's a reason that they're 12-0 on the road.

Harris didn't play but I'm not familiar enough with her game to know if she would have made a difference. I would doubt it.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Actually went to the game, hoping for an outcome that would help wash away the disappointment with the men's recent play. Alas, the positive vibe only lasted through the first period after which St. Joe's was clearly the better squad. Bigger at most positions, enough so that we had trouble finding open 3's and couldn't get many clean shots driving to the basket.

On offense the Hawks were hard to stop close in (actually resembled Loyola's success in the second half against the men) and Ziegler had herself a game (4-6 inside, 3-7 from 3, and 14 rebounds). There's a reason that they're 12-0 on the road.

Harris didn't play but I'm not familiar enough with her game to know if she would have made a difference. I would doubt it.
Post-game presser:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Really pulled away after halftime. However Sonia Smith accidentally was kicked in the head and never returned to the game. Not sure it was a concussion but I hope she doesn't miss too much time. No mention about Harris on ESPN other than she hasn't played since Jan

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
box score
1) GMU wins every quarter except the first
2) tied for 3rd place in A-10 with vcu
3) 1 game behind leaders St Joe's and Richmond at 11-1
4) Walton leads team with 19 points and 8 rebounds

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
box score
1) GMU wins every quarter except the first
2) tied for 3rd place in A-10 with vcu
3) 1 game behind leaders St Joe's and Richmond at 11-1
4) Walton leads team with 19 points and 8 rebounds

They own the tiebreaker over vcu. They also get Richmond at home so a chance to own the tiebreaker over them too.