2023-24 Schedule

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
My main point is: Go find 5 programs who have home non-conference schedules that you think are really good. Especially mid majors.

Trying to get quality home games is a really difficult task.
I hear you, but I think there are layers to the bad. Scheduling 2 non-D1 opponents is really bad.

Take UMASS's OOC for example -- I'd still say it's pretty bad overall (their MTE is arguably better than ours), but they at least filled out their schedule with D-1 teams.

They need to find a way to make it happen with more home and homes with other upper level mid majors if the P5 is going to ice everyone else out. It might be a difficult task, but if we are ever going to put butts in seats, the scheduling is going to have to improve.

Masonfan3

Starter
My main point is: Go find 5 programs who have home non-conference schedules that you think are really good. Especially mid majors.

Trying to get quality home games is a really difficult task.
Don't disagree with you. However, if the OCM doesn't throw CTS a bone and come play in Fairfax in the next couple years, I'll be pretty upset. Hell, Miami came up to DC to play against GW before they played us...

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I hear you, but I think there are layers to the bad. Scheduling 2 non-D1 opponents is really bad.

Take UMASS's OOC for example -- I'd still say it's pretty bad overall (their MTE is arguably better than ours), but they at least filled out their schedule with D-1 teams.

They need to find a way to make it happen with more home and homes with other upper level mid majors if the P5 is going to ice everyone else out. It might be a difficult task, but if we are ever going to put butts in seats, the scheduling is going to have to improve.
They scheduled 1 non-D1 (which I don't care for).. the other is an exhibition which should be a glorified practice.

The program has to get to a point where they would not be viewed as a "bad loss". It'd also be fantastic if the league would help them out. Some kind of scheduling alliance between the A10, MWC and maybe the MVC that creates a bracket busters type of situation. Every team gets a home game and an away game.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Feels like a broken record for 10+ years in trying to get better draws to the Patdome. It's tough being in our position because no P5 wants to risk coming and losing to us at our place, especially in their conference when one or two bad losses on the season can keep them out of the tourney. They schedule cupcakes (like the UVA example) and then hope they can place top 6 or higher in their respective conference and go dancing.

But these low level teams are not going to draw the fair weather fans out of their house for a night out. Tony being back here will only help so much but to the fair weather fans and students.... Tony is not a well known name.

Bridgewater has 2 seniors and like 9 freshmen on their team. Glorified scrimmage that we SHOULD win by like 30.

It is what it is being in our position..... winning helps bring in better teams so we are back starting from the ground up.

But.... we should be approaching numerous high mid-major conferences and teams each year and seeing what kind of games we can get. Hopefully Marvin Lewis will realize this and get out and hit the pavement with all his connections.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Don't disagree with you. However, if the OCM doesn't throw CTS a bone and come play in Fairfax in the next couple years, I'll be pretty upset. Hell, Miami came up to DC to play against GW before they played us...
Much more likely for that game to happen at Capital One, but maybe L does Tony a favor.

DRK331

Starter
I got a few questions here

1. Is the exhibition against St Thomas open to the public?

2. When can we buy tickets?

One thing I noticed here: The games that should be easy wins are all home games.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
2. When can we buy tickets?
From the schedule release article on GoMason.com:

2023-24 Ticket Information
George Mason Men's Basketball season tickets start at JUST $99! Those interested in becoming a new season ticket holder are encouraged to fill out a ticket information request, call the George Mason Ticket Office at 703-993-3270, or can purchase Non-Patriot Club donation seats online here. Additional ticket packages such as mini plans and the Mason Voucher Pack will go on sale in September, while single game tickets will be available in October. More information on all ticket offerings can be found on GoMason.com

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
WVU Charity Game

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- The West Virginia University men's basketball team will host a charity exhibition game against George Mason inside the WVU Coliseum on Friday, Oct. 27 at 7 p.m. Proceeds will benefit WVU Medicine Children's.

This will be the sixth time that WVU has played in a charity exhibition basketball game to begin the season.

Tickets for the WVU-George Mason game are included as part of the men's basketball season ticket package. Information on single-game ticket sales and admission for WVU students will be announced at a later date. To order 2023-24 men's basketball season tickets, visit WVUGAME.com or call 1-800-WVU GAME.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
These are the 300 and higher teams from KenPom
As a college basketball fan i would have preferred anyone on this list to Bridgewater

Pick a school within a 3 hour drive of GMU with the largest fanbase
Dont pay them $35k to play us
Give them 1000 seats in EagleBank and let them make their money by bringing their fanbase to the game
Athletically GMU should dominate, but hopefully their fans put some pressure on us, as well as our fan base

The schedule is already loaded with a number of these teams.
My choice would be William and Mary

1692916702394.png

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Could have rekindled things with Northeastern. Could have pulled a Charleston team up to Fairfax to set up an epic return trip road trip down to Charleston next season. Heck, drop 2 teams from the schedule and set up an academy battle vs Citadel and VMI.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I really don't care who we play OOC in year one of Tony Skinn. BRYC AllStars? Sister Treasa's School for the Blind? Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow? I don't care. Blowouts? Bring them on! I just want to see wins. Enter league play ay 12-1 or 11-2, win 10 - 11 games in conference and let the cards fall as they may in regard to an NCAA / NIT appearance. Better times are coming.......
This is right. People gotta get used to going to the games to see our team, regardless of who we’re playing. Can’t wait for November.

GMU79

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
These are the 300 and higher teams from KenPom
As a college basketball fan i would have preferred anyone on this list to Bridgewater

Pick a school within a 3 hour drive of GMU with the largest fanbase
Dont pay them $35k to play us
Give them 1000 seats in EagleBank and let them make their money by bringing their fanbase to the game
Athletically GMU should dominate, but hopefully their fans put some pressure on us, as well as our fan base

The schedule is already loaded with a number of these teams.
My choice would be William and Mary

View attachment 1872
What? No St. Leo's!!??

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I wish we could play against local schools like Georgetown, Virginia Tech, UMBC etc

Tech isn’t exactly local. I just wish the WVU game counted and we didn’t have to play a nonD1 school instead.

Other than that I’d say the schedule is a B- as it stands in that I think people on here aren’t giving the road games against Toledo and Tulane the credit they deserve. Got a crack at a P5 Tennessee team and potentially another good one in UCF. I know the home schedule is meh, but the ECU and Cornell games aren’t horrible from a numbers perspective.

It could be better but it’s not trash the way a Fordham or Duquesne schedule has been in the recent past.