Softball

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Easton and the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) recognized George Mason Softball as an Academic Team for the 2024 season, ranking the Patriots fourth out of over 150 eligible Division I schools.

To be recognized for the award, a Division I team must attain at least a 3.0 GPA throughout the entire 2023-24 school year.

According to the NFCA, the rankings and honors recognize the academic prowess of softball teams across the Association's membership categories. NCAA Division I led the way with 2,573 student-athletes earning a 3.5 grade-point average or higher for 2023-24. NCAA Division III followed with 2,285 and NCAA Division II with 1,510. NAIA and junior colleges came in with 873 and 808 student-athletes respectively.

The Patriots, who earned their second consecutive President's Cup in the most recent Green and Gold Celebration, achieved a team GPA of 3.78, the highest mark of any George Mason team in the spring of 2024.

Seven individual members of the softball team were also named All-America Scholar-Athletes by Easton/NFCA. To be honored with the exclusive accolade, a student-athlete must carry a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above."