Game 18: GMU (13-4 / 2-2) at GW (13-3 / 2-1) on Monday, January 15, at 2:00 PM.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It’s still early. Outside of Dayton, a lot of top teams are going to have 4, 5 or 6 losses.
It’s early but it’s getting late for top 4 contention. Yeah there’s 14 games left, but to me taking care of fellow (current) mid pack teams like gw and bonaventure would go a long way. Especially bonaventure who they only play once.

I know it’s a grind, a lot can happen, but just feel like if Mason is going to make that top 4 now’s the time to make that move. Just a gut feeling from me.

GMU79

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It’s early but it’s getting late for top 4 contention. Yeah there’s 14 games left, but to me taking care of fellow (current) mid pack teams like gw and bonaventure would go a long way. Especially bonaventure who they only play once.

I know it’s a grind, a lot can happen, but just feel like if Mason is going to make that top 4 now’s the time to make that move. Just a gut feeling from me.
Yep. There is a good 13-4, and a not so good 13-4. This feels like a not so good...losing to our 2 biggest rivals back to back and being 2-2 as opposed to 3-1. And as some have said, our weaknesses have been exposed. That said, we probably won't go 0-15 again from 3 or (hopefully) have a guy go off from 3 like at UR. And even with that, both games were winnable.
I hope we are a top 4 team, but it's looking like we may not be. Still, I'm not giving up on these guys. They sure don't. Tony has instilled a fight to the end mentality into the team. So, who knows. You never know.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yep. There is a good 13-4, and a not so good 13-4. This feels like a not so good...losing to our 2 biggest rivals back to back and being 2-2 as opposed to 3-1. And as some have said, our weaknesses have been exposed. That said, we probably won't go 0-15 again from 3 or (hopefully) have a guy go off from 3 like at UR. And even with that, both games were winnable.
I hope we are a top 4 team, but it's looking like we may not be. Still, I'm not giving up on these guys. They sure don't. Tony has instilled a fight to the end mentality into the team. So, who knows. You never know.
I’m with you other than the good 13-4 and not so good 13-4. Mason didn’t get there by mistake or by fluke. This doesn’t feel like when the 2018-2019 team won a lot of crap games and shit the bed in conference. At least not to me.

And their net ranking and stats show that. Yeah losing to vcu and Richmond Sucks though. That’s why tomorrow they really need to win, somehow.

GMU79

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I’m with you other than the good 13-4 and not so good 13-4. Mason didn’t get there by mistake or by fluke. This doesn’t feel like when the 2018-2019 team won a lot of crap games and shit the bed in conference. At least not to me.

And their net ranking and stats show that. Yeah losing to vcu and Richmond Sucks though. That’s why tomorrow they really need to win, somehow.
You are right. They did earn those wins against some pretty good teams. I guess I would feel better if we had lost another OOC game but beat either vcu or UR. I guess that's my point.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Considering how drunkenly weird the start of A10 play is, I figured a bar fight was appropriate:
patriotvsrev3final.jpg

Last edited:

GMU79

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I hate that these announcers said in reference to '06, "this town was excited" and "this place was rocking."
No. Fairfax was excited and the Patriot Center was rocking.
IDIOTS!!!!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Offense looks terrible again to start the game. Not really sure what we need to do, but it’s nearly impossible to dig out of these holes we get ourselves into to start games.

Could be nice not to turn the ball over and/or not be giving up over 50% from the field.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I say next game let’s start the entire bench and bench all the starters: Wood, Okojie, Ball, Newton, Henry.

Our starters have gotten privileged and lazy.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Offense looks terrible again to start the game. Not really sure what we need to do, but it’s nearly impossible to dig out of these holes we get ourselves into to start games.
It’s very frustrating that Tony doesn’t make adjustments earlier. He runs the same five starters out there and leaves them in there for seven minutes with no substitutions at all.

Everyone is struggling, but It’s obvious our starting backcourt is contributing nothing offensively. Why not sub in two other players in there earlier like Okoji and Ball to mix things up?