Game 1: GMU (0-0) vs Monmouth (0-0) on Monday, November 6, at 7:00 PM.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
LET IT BE KNOWN

I AM READY TO GET HURT ONCE AGAIN!
I am looking at this the same way as I looked at KE's first season. Mason was an unknown commodity with a fiery, new coach. We rattled off a few wins to begin the season (thank you much Terrapins!) However, once there was a good set of data and film available for opposing coaches to study, we faltered badly. I wouldn't be surprised if this season with Coach Skinn doesn't follow the same path. But if we kick butt, I will be ecstatic.
ALL IN FOR SKINN!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I am looking at this the same way as I looked at KE's first season. Mason was an unknown commodity with a fiery, new coach. We rattled off a few wins to begin the season (thank you much Terrapins!) However, once there was a good set of data and film available for opposing coaches to study, we faltered badly. I wouldn't be surprised if this season with Coach Skinn doesn't follow the same path. But if we kick butt, I will be ecstatic.
ALL IN FOR SKINN!

I think lack of depth played a big role in that team’s dip in performance, particularly at the wings and power forward spots (Schwartz, Cooper, Ticket). Those guys were TIRED at the end of the season.

To be optimistic, we are deeper at every position right now than KE ever was in his two seasons here.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I think lack of depth played a big role in that team’s dip in performance, particularly at the wings and power forward spots (Schwartz, Cooper, Ticket). Those guys were TIRED at the end of the season.

To be optimistic, we are deeper at every position right now than KE ever was in his two seasons here.
I was referring more to the fact that Mason won its first four games of 21-22 and then lost the next five.

By the end of the season, however, I was quite encouraged by the team's performance and was psyched for 22-23.

Yes, this season we have excellent balance and depth up and down the roster, which will serve us well. I'm just trying to temper my expectations—whatever I have to do to get by.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Billups starting instead of Okojie:

Polite, Billups, Maddox, Hall, Kelly are the starting five.