2023-24 Schedule

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
A side note and in the spirit of being awesome. Would it destroy our budget to improve the Espn+ broadcast? I like Bill, but he needs a partner and some caffeine. Also, the energy in the arena isnt being heard. Just think this could be better.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
A side note and in the spirit of being awesome. Would it destroy our budget to improve the Espn+ broadcast? I like Bill, but he needs a partner and some caffeine. Also, the energy in the arena isnt being heard. Just think this could be better.

We used to have Ric Wilson do color.

I wonder if any of the newer basketball alum might be interested? Mike Mo, or Ryan Pearson would be great.

But yes, agreed, he’s better with a partner.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Our own Chris Jollay somehow landed the color gig a couple times a few years ago. Never knew why they discontinued that.
I never knew that and I know Jollay.
vcu, a slight underdog vs top 100 Penn St, beats their former coach and ace baldwin (despite his 27 pts) by 12. With the win, they move from Kenpom 92 to 86.
vcu definitely played better in this game and I am sure playing against their old coach was an extra motivator. That should boost the conference as well.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Definitely agree that he could use a permanent partner of someone who has ties to the program.

The sound has always been weird on telecasts although I have noticed that this year its been better. Last year there were a few games where it sounded like Bill was in a tunnel and I communicated it to some folks who said everything was working fine. There's also volume inconsistencies, although that hasn't been an issue either at least for me.

Overall I think many or most of us are pretty happy with ESPN+ broadcasts, I know I am.

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Bill will have a partner (either Feinstein or Esherick) for each of the MASN broadcasts (which will be on ESPN+ as well as MASN). But I agree, it's better when he has a partner.
I like Esherick.

Can't stand Feinstein. Feinstein is an old dinosaur who sounds like he just wants a friend to talk to when he does broadcasts.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I like Esherick.

Can't stand Feinstein. Feinstein is an old dinosaur who sounds like he just wants a friend to talk to when he does broadcasts.
Who really wants A Good Broadcast Spoiled by legit commentary?

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
My only issue is the volume inconsistencies between the broadcast and the commercials. I have to crank the volume up to like 30 to hear Bill, then the commercials start and it just blows me away. Gotta be quick on that mute button.

Overall though I can't complain too much. This is a long way from simply hoping that our games would be on TV at all. Jacksonville Classic notwithstanding...

FreeGunston12

All-American
My only issue is the volume inconsistencies between the broadcast and the commercials. I have to crank the volume up to like 30 to hear Bill, then the commercials start and it just blows me away. Gotta be quick on that mute button.

Overall though I can't complain too much. This is a long way from simply hoping that our games would be on TV at all. Jacksonville Classic notwithstanding...
I would assume it is something that should be fixed on Mason's end. I watch other games on ESPN+, and it is not nearly as big a difference between broadcast and commercial volume.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Indeed, in addition to vcu, both GW (10 pt winner over Delaware) and URI (4 pt winner over Yale) were underdogs, from 1 to 6.5 pts.

For the second time in a week, the A10 has nosed ahead of the West Coast conference for 9th in Kenpom's league rankings. Let's see if this one lasts more than 24 hrs.
With Fordham's 32 pt win at home over Manhattan (they were only a 12.5 pt favorite), the A10 has quietly now moved passed the idle American Athletic Conference for 8th in Kenpom's conference rankings.

On Wednesday, there are 4 games between American and A10 teams with American being at home in all 4 as relatively narrow favorites. A chance for the A10 to stake a claim on their current spot.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
1-1 night for A10. I watched both games. SLU sucks…Loyola just ok
I think Saint Louis is very beatable, but they do have some shooters. And they didn't fold against Utah State. They came from 20 down to within 5 (I think even 3) in the last couple of minutes. Don't sleep on them.