OT: Conference Realignment

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I also believe everything I read on the Internet.
quote-abraham-lincoln-quote-internet-fake.jpg

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
One less mouth to feed, conference schedule slightly less jinky, back to bottom four in the pillow fight (which feels better to me than 10th place having to play early).
Unless the A10 adds Charleston and brings us back to 15 after Umass is gone- supposedly thats the hot rumor.

DRK331

Starter
I would like to see Florida Atlantic, South Florida, Temple, Charlotte, Memphis, Wichita State, or maybe Towson?, added if the A10 wants to fill Umass' spot

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Unless the A10 adds Charleston and brings us back to 15 after Umass is gone- supposedly thats the hot rumor.

The Field of 68 interviewed the commissioner and specifically asked her about this (I don’t remember if they specifically asked about Charleston or not) she was non-committal in her answer.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Does former Mason recruit Lewis Walker, and current Umass commit, stay? Did he know they were looking at moving conferemces.during recruiting process? Maybe he can convince the Attorney General to sue?

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Sidelines Sports Network™
@Sidelines_SN
·
Follow
First look at the new CUSA with the addition of Missouri State!
12:26 PM · May 10, 2024
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1788968992830337210|twgr^6b7363c069132afb67392b0834c15226805970c1|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://www.midmajormadness.com/2024/5/10/24153750/conference-realignment-seattle-and-gcu-to-the-wcc-missouri-state-to-conference-usa&tweet_id=1788968992830337210

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
A Richmond Times Dispatch columnist last week said UR is looking to move its football to either the Patriot League or SoCon.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
A Richmond Times Dispatch columnist last week said UR is looking to move its football to either the Patriot League or SoCon.

"Richmond will become the eighth football member of the Patriot League, joining Bucknell, Colgate, Fordham, Georgetown, Holy Cross, Lafayette, and Lehigh. The Spiders are the first school to enter or exit the Patriot League football conference since 2004."

"Richmond's move to the Patriot League will be the first change in conference affiliation for Spider Football since 2007, when the Spiders won the South Division title in the inaugural CAA football season after competing in the Atlantic 10 from 1997 to 2006. Richmond has also been a football member of the Southern Conference (1936 to 1975) and the Yankee Conference (1986 to 1996)."

Last edited:

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

"Richmond's move to the Patriot League will be the first change in conference affiliation for Spider Football since 2007, when the Spiders won the South Division title in the inaugural CAA football season after competing in the Atlantic 10 from 1997 to 2006. Richmond has also been a football member of the Southern Conference (1936 to 1975) and the Yankee Conference (1986 to 1996)."
They are gone

1715785652402.png

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
My guess is Villanova will follow UR to the PL.

Does W&M look to make a move? Probably not, but they could start a mass exodus of Southern schools. SoCon apparently made a pitch to UR. SoCon would love to add W&M and, likely, would allow Elon back if necessary.

CoC may get an A-10 invite.

CAA is already a shell of its former self.

Last edited:

emjayar08

Sixth Man

Does W&M look to make a move? Probably not, but they could start a mass exodus of Southern schools. SoCon apparently made a pitch to UR. SoCon would love to add W&M and, likely, would allow Elon back if necessary.

CofC makes a ton of sense. Great town too.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

I thought that the SoCon would be the best spot for Richmond, but their recruiting base is mid-atlantic/northeast. W&M will likely want to move all sports together, and I'm not sure how the Patriot or SoCon line up with that. On the surface, they seem like a good fit for either. Hopefully they can keep their annual game with Richmond.

If W&M is out then the SoCon can go grab Elon and Campbell.