News New Mason Athletics Logo Coming Soon?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
As others have pointed out, the new logo resembles the Georgia Tech and Temple logos.

Both are really bad logos.

But it did occur to me that no one actually calls Georgia Tech “GT.” And no one will ever call us GM. It probably will encourage everyone to say “George Mason,” which I do like that over just Mason. I was never a fan of saying “Mason.”
No joke my mom has called Mason “GM” at times.

She also has abbreviated other items as “bm” even when not referring to a bowel movement which sums up how she abbreviates things.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
That should actually be ...

©️

Or ...

IMG_20240429_235222.jpg

JPgmuswim

Starter
The night we won the elite 8 game I stumbled out of capital one arena (having snuck in the Capital One lower level suite and drinking for free the entire game), I was already hammered. I walked to a bar where I knew a bartender, the place was going crazy after the upset. I asked the bartender for Grand Mariner and then I called it “GM Juice”, the drink of my team :ROFLMAO: . He poured me a pint glass of it on the rocks, needless to say I hardly made it home that evening. GM Juice put me on my a**.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Too funny. When I went to the bookstore over the weekend, I wanted to get a picture with the new "logo" with me doing something to it, but couldn't come up with anything that wasn't crude. My best idea was to bring one of my chainsaws and get picture with me about to cut it up, but, I figured I'd end up detained before getting the picture taken as they saw me carrying the chainsaw across campus. If had any photoshop skills whatsoever, I could have faked it. So, for now you will just have to imagine me standing over the logo holding a chainsaw ready to cut it up.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Too funny. When I went to the bookstore over the weekend, I wanted to get a picture with the new "logo" with me doing something to it, but couldn't come up with anything that wasn't crude. My best idea was to bring one of my chainsaws and get picture with me about to cut it up, but, I figured I'd end up detained before getting the picture taken as they saw me carrying the chainsaw across campus. If had any photoshop skills whatsoever, I could have faked it. So, for now you will just have to imagine me standing over the logo holding a chainsaw ready to cut it up.
If an AOPi can get away with stripping down and blowing the George Mason statue, you can chainsaw the new logo.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Don't buy too much. Mason may or may not be getting a new logo in the future ;)
This original comment is funny given that many of us are buying up old logo merch before it is gone.

Please collective, get some original logo merch out soon. Shouldn’t take three years to come up with a better design.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This original comment is funny given that many of us are buying up old logo merch before it is gone.

Please collective, get some original logo merch out soon. Shouldn’t take three years to come up with a better design.
Yes, GMU, MASON quill, M quill.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

All you have to do is put on a pair of grungy jeans and one of those neon workers' vests and you're good to go—no questions asked!