Mason performance in A-10 Tourney

MJBDAD

Recruit
Does anyone know if GMU won a Conference Tournament game against a higher seed since they’ve been in the A-10?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Does anyone know if GMU won a Conference Tournament game against a higher seed since they’ve been in the A-10?

The answer is no.

And there were several years where we lost in the pillow fight game to worse seeded teams than us.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The A-10 Tournament is our kryptonite

Usually we just run into a team much better than us—St. Bonaventure in 2019 (runner-up), vcu in 2017 (runner-up), Davidson in 2018 (conference champions).

Losing to Fordham all the time (I think we’ve lost to Fordham more than any other team in the tournament) is baffling but they just seem to have our number.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Usually we just run into a team much better than us—St. Bonaventure in 2019 (runner-up), vcu in 2017 (runner-up), Davidson in 2018 (conference champions).

Losing to Fordham all the time (I think we’ve lost to Fordham more than any other team in the tournament) is baffling but they just seem to have our number.
Fortunately that hasn’t happened in a few years, and we did beat them one time out of 4, I think?

Old Ram

Preferred Walk-On
Fortunately that hasn’t happened in a few years, and we did beat them one time out of 4, I think?
We are 6-10 overall in A10 tournaments (counting the 2020 games played). Not a single win over a higher seeded team or a single appearance in the semifinals.

Hell, we did better playing in the big, brown turd.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We are 6-10 overall in A10 tournaments (counting the 2020 games played). Not a single win over a higher seeded team or a single appearance in the semifinals.

Hell, we did better playing in the big, brown turd.
We made it further but generally never won the big one, 2008 aside.

hoops10

Sixth Man
How frustrating is it to see. vcu once again going to the finals. GMU same size enrollment as vcu but only one team manages to always be near or at the top, and it ain't us. What can you say