2024 Transfer Portal - Potential Incoming and General Discussion

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Still one more slot to go. Hmmmm... who's in George Mason"s shopping cart?
I'd like an all-around guy with a high basketball IQ. Effective on both ends of the floor, leader on the court and in the locker room. Lives in the gym and does what it takes to make his teammates better. Works hard, stays humble.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'd like an all-around guy with a high basketball IQ. Effective on both ends of the floor, leader on the court and in the locker room. Lives in the gym and does what it takes to make his teammates better. Works hard, stays humble.
Does he sleep in May?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Coaches son. Let's the game come to him. Doesn't try to do too much. Plays within himself.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I just worry about any team with this many new pieces, if it takes time for them to gel, you can play your way out of an at large resume even if you're really good by the time conference play rolls around.
We had an entirely new coaching staff and 9 new players last season and exceeded all expectations. Zero reason to think Tony can’t do it again with a roster that is significantly deeper and more talented from top to bottom.

Every one of these new players was recruited as part of a plan. That doesn’t mean they’ll accept or thrive in the role Tony intends for them, obviously, but he has until November to experiment and figure out where everybody fits best.

My money is on Mason finally breaking through and finishing top-4 in the A-10 as the floor for this team.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Jamarri Thomas, who committed to vcu last week, has de-committed and flipped to South Carolina. Feels like we dodged a bullet with that one. Need to get Zach signed quick!
In the world of the Portal and NIL, “committed” should be replaced with “agreed in principle to play for a school, but NIL contracted hasn’t been signed.”