OT: Tony Bennet Retires - effective Immediately

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Kids today are spoiled brats who want everything for having achieved nothing (See Keyshawn Hall). Generational divide here most likely. I was told/taught that I would have to earn my way in life and that nothing would be given to me. That's no longer the case. So, rather than continue to beat the dead horse, well documented in the NIL thread, I offer compromise and/or a solution.

It's time to just eliminate college athletics and have various pro levels like baseball does for basketball and football. Think you're good enough for the NBA/NFL out of high school because you've been told you're great since 5th grade? Declare for the draft and take your chances. Think you might need to develop a bit but you'll be ready in a few years? Okay! Declare, get drafted, and report to your assigned minor/developmental team/league. Take your chances. Reap the benefits of your choice or accept the consequences, that's what real life is all about.

Want an education so you have something to fall back on in case your dreams aren't realized, and play sports at the same time? Go to college with the understanding that books, classes, meals, travel, etc. is covered by the university. That's worth $200,000 minimum. If you want to earn money on the side get a job. But, you will have to sign a contract/scholarship committing for 4 years stating that you have the intent of actually graduating. If you leave early you will pay back all expenses. Not happy with your playing time or circumstance? Transfer, wait a year, and pay back all expenses to date. One exception, if the coach that recruited you leaves you get a one time exemption.

I would happily continue to support college kids under those circumstances. I am growing tired of the farce that is the term “student-athlete”. I would love to support kids for 4 years and watch them grow and develop as students and players. Unless serious reform occurs those days are long gone.

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Sounds like a lot of nonsensical whining to me and had nothing to do with my point of opportunity. Whether it ends up well or not.

You can cry in your cheerios but success is dtermined by adapting. Players and programs alike l.

Well, we have a little bit more of a right to “whine and complain” when those demands are being directed right at us. It’s not more share of NCAA payouts or media rights money they’re asking for, they’re telling us (you) specifically to pony up an extra 150k to keep X player on the roster next season. It’s closer to extortion than it is a market-driven transaction.