jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I thought that was the best Mason Madness I have been to in at least 10 years

Women beat the men in both the dance contest and the 3 pt shooting contest

So Maddox challenged the women to a game of 5 on 5

Women's roster is exactly 14, while the men's is 16? - I am assuming 2 walk-ons

I saw no one in knee braces nor on crutches so i assume everyone is healthy to start the season

Women's coaching staff were introduced individually - Men were not

Doc Nix had the Green Machine moving like they were a performing half time band

There was a 3 student dunk contest and the winner took home a flat screen TV

A lot of excitement for both the men's and women's teams

caveat
last season you were allowed to bring an unopened bottle of water into the Arena, this season you can only bring in an empty bottle

Last edited:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I thought that was the best Mason Madness I have been to in at least 10 years

Women beat the men in both the dance contest and the 3 pt shooting contest

So Maddox challenged the women to a game of 5 on 5

Women's roster is exactly 14, while the men's is 16? - I am assuming 2 walk-ons

I saw no one in knee braces nor on crutches so i assume everyone is healthy to start the season

Women's coaching staff were introduced individually - Men were not

Doc Nix had the Green Machine moving like they were a performing half time band

There was a 3 student dunk contest and the winner took home a flat screen TV

A lot of excitement for both the men's and women's teams

caveat
last season you were allowed to bring an unopened bottle of water into the Arena, this season you can only bring in an empty bottle
Methinks there was something other than water in the unopened bottle that caused the change in policy!

GunstonsGhost

Preferred Walk-On
I made it out last night as well, although I missed the first 15 minutes or so.

One thing I was curious about was why Maddox didn't make a speech like Billups did. I kinda thought Maddox and Billups were sharing the mantle of team captain or whatever. They were the last two to be introduced, with Maddox coming out last insinuating he was "the leader". Probably nothing, just something I noticed. I know he's somewhat shy and doesn't do social media, but I thought he might make a statement similar to Billups. Maddox also didn't participate in the 3 point competition. If he challenged the women's team to a 5v5 I must have missed that.

Austin Ball has gained a lot of confidence since last year. He seems like he enjoys being in the forefront leading the dance off and starting off the 3 point competition. He feels like a guy that will stick with the program for his college career.

Based on how they were interacting with one another and their social media presence the last couple months they seem like they have a good bond. I was concerned after the Bahama fiasco, but I think they overcame that. Hopefully the chemistry translates to lots of Ws.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Austin Ball has gained a lot of confidence since last year. He seems like he enjoys being in the forefront leading the dance off and starting off the 3 point competition. He feels like a guy that will stick with the program for his college career.
I noticed the same thing at the open practice. I think we'll see some real good things from him this year. Hoping he sticks around for 4 years. I've liked him since he didn't back out after ke (like vcu english will only get lower case from me from here on out) bailed out on us. I just have a gut feeling he's cut from different cloth than the average kid these days. Time will tell.