2024-2025 Women's basketball

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
VBL got a 4 year extension. Perhaps, the extension for Tony Skinn is percolating,

She has been at Mason for three seasons and I doubt was extended for the first two.

I’m not sure why everyone is so nervous about it. If Skinn finishes 23-8, in the top 4, and near top 50 NET they’re going to come running with a bag of cash for him guaranteed.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
She has been at Mason for three seasons and I doubt was extended for the first two.

I’m not sure why everyone is so nervous about it. If Skinn finishes 23-8, in the top 4, and near top 50 NET they’re going to come running with a bag of cash for him guaranteed.
Vbl was extended in 2023 right after Kim left. They added a year. They added a year to this contract too. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

The Tony anxiety just comes with what the university can control. We don’t trust them lol.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
A-10 Pairings for 2024-25 Season Released

GEORGE MASON

Home: Duquesne, Loyola Chicago, Massachusetts, St. Bonaventure, vcu, Davidson, George Washington, Rhode Island, Saint Joseph’s
Away: Dayton, Fordham, La Salle, Richmond, Saint Louis, Davidson, George Washington, Rhode Island, Saint Joseph’s

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
A-10 Pairings for 2024-25 Season Released

GEORGE MASON

Home: Duquesne, Loyola Chicago, Massachusetts, St. Bonaventure, vcu, Davidson, George Washington, Rhode Island, Saint Joseph’s
Away: Dayton, Fordham, La Salle, Richmond, Saint Louis, Davidson, George Washington, Rhode Island, Saint Joseph’s
and i have no idea who will be the good teams in the league this year
but I do expect Mason to keep on improving

GRGibHDXAAA-fLQ

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
For those not on Twitter, I have started maintaining a roster and eligibility chart for the women's team as well. I don't really want to start a separate thread just for this, so I guess I'll post it here for the time being.

(Last updated July 1, 2024)
25-WBB-Roster3Flat.png

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
For those not on Twitter, I have started maintaining a roster and eligibility chart for the women's team as well. I don't really want to start a separate thread just for this, so I guess I'll post it here for the time being.

(Last updated July 1, 2024)
View attachment 2363
Can you tell us about who we have as incoming transfers since I haven’t seen anything from the school on who has been added?

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Can you tell us about who we have as incoming transfers since I haven’t seen anything from the school on who has been added?
If memory serves me correctly, the following are the incoming transfers:
Khamya McNeal
Louis Volker

Everyone else is returning or a Freshman.

We really missed out on an opportunity by not signing that Dunbar lady. ;)

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If memory serves me correctly, the following are the incoming transfers:
Khamya McNeal
Louis Volker

Everyone else is returning or a Freshman.
Correct. We only had one rotation player transfer out (and she was a grad transfer), so there wasn't a huge need to bring transfers in.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Khamya McNeal is a senior guard from Milwaukee who played 32 games with 19 starts as a redshirt junior at Stetson last season. She averaged 9.2 points, which was good for second on a balanced but low-scoring team (58ppg). The Hatters finished second in the ASUN and went to the WNIT.

Louis Volker is a sophomore forward from Purcellville, VA who went to PVI and played AAU with Kennedy Harris on the Fairfax Stars. Mason recruited her out of high school but she chose to play her freshman year at Missouri State, where she was limited to 9.5 minutes per game off the bench on a Bears team that went 23-10. Older sister Lee played at Duke before transferring to Marquette.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Last season, the forwards were an issue. A few were hurt. How does the forward situation look this year? With Suarez, Harris, and Walton the back court should be pretty good again.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Last season, the forwards were an issue. A few were hurt. How does the forward situation look this year? With Suarez, Harris, and Walton the back court should be pretty good again.
Doster graduated, but Walton and Mitchell are still here, and Kaysia, our starting center who missed most of last season, is back. Then there's a lot of depth behind them. Okorie and Massenburg both redshirted last season with injuries, and we also brought in Volker as a transfer, and Nicks and Sarah Oduro (Josh's sister) as freshmen. There should be a really good competition for the bench forward minutes.