Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Who's your Daddy?!?! - Welcome Bahaide Haidara

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by p8triotfan4life, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Herndon

Herndon Starter

Actually, you brought up the real question I had, but didn't ask: does the coursework translate outside the industry? Would somebody of your major find their experience useful in a different field, do you think?

That said "the value of the program is the connections" is a perfectly valid answer.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions!

Oh, one more:

When you entered the workforce, were you trained in sales there, or was it more of a "sink or swim" type situation where either you had it or you didn't?
  2. Mason2005

Mason2005 All-Conference

So is Daddy playing or what?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    patriotchild and patriot2000 like this.
  3. Patriot8

Patriot8 Starter

I was offered the opportunity to go on meetings with senior level people when i worked in baseball, but there was no formal sales training to speak of. In my opinion you either have it or you don’t. Learfield IMG does provide training from time to time, but it’s more geared towards learning new concepts and sharing strategic ideas, rather than developing a skill set.
    Herndon likes this.
  4. Dawgs99

Dawgs99 Starter

This thread is off the rails......
    Herndon likes this.
  5. Patriot8

Patriot8 Starter

You're right. Let's get it back to speculating about something none of us have any clue about. I'll start:

I think Daddy will redshirt for half the season, come in because of injury, and show that maybe he shouldn't have been redshirting.
    Herndon and sleeperpick like this.
  6. Herndon

Herndon Starter

Yep, and it's my fault. Apologies, all.
  7. Quentin Daniels

Quentin Daniels Hall of Famer

Summer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  8. smccart5

smccart5 Starter

zero reason to be a dick in the response there. Yeah if you have a realistic shot to make the NBA then it can make sense to up your draft stock. For others I think the experience of actually playing is better than sitting out. And just because a lot of programs red shirt doesn't mean it's best for player development. The coaches push red shirting on some players to even out their classes/talent/position needs so they have a consistent product every year
  9. By George.

By George. Starter

Spoke to some Mason staff on Friday before the TBT game. Daddy should be good to go, nobody envisions any barriers regarding his eligibility. Don't panic
  10. p8triotfan4life

p8triotfan4life Starter

thanks to those who wasted our entire summer speaking on a complete made-up rumor. :tongueout:
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  11. Dawgs99

Dawgs99 Starter

To me its real simple and another poster already made this statement but would you rather have 1 season with a 18 year old who may not be physically ready for D1 basketball or the 23 year old version of that same kid with 4 years of development? The only issue with red shirting at Mason's level now is you have to worry about kids transferring up for that 5th year after graduation.
  12. p8triotfan4life

p8triotfan4life Starter

since we are 11 games into the season...do we seek a medical redshirt (wrist) on Bahaide, or will he help give our small forwards some depth in the event of foul trouble during the conference schedule? I like the fact we have a pretty decent 9 man rotation with JDS entrenched in the last spot off the bench...Do we need him this year? I say save him for a year if we can.
    gmujim92 and Patriotsince81 like this.
  13. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

Redshirt him. Then remove it if he turns into superman like Miller did.
  14. Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81 All-American

Agreed. Redshirt at this point.
    gmujim92 likes this.
  15. MasonSAE4

MasonSAE4 All-Conference

Redshirt him. If we were pushing for a tournament birth it might be worth burning a year to get some depth. But I'm sure the extra year of practice and development will serve us better down the road than him getting five minutes a game for a team that likely won't see the post-season.
  16. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

Its possible that Daddy decides to transfer with that 5th year of eligibility. Mason is 10-1. I would like to keep winning so more hands on deck now seems like a good idea.
  17. Patriot8

Patriot8 Starter

Him grad transferring would be an amazing problem to have. Let’s hope we get that lucky.
    DJ3 and GMUgemini like this.
  18. emjayar08

emjayar08 Sixth Man

Anyone notice that Daddy is gonna be a 22 yr old freshman in April?

Unless my math is wrong, he's gonna be 26 by his RS Senior season. WTH??!

Let the Daddy jokes commence...
    sleeperpick likes this.
  19. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

Damn, didn’t someone say he grew an inch this year too?
  20. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

I was told he would only have 3 years of eligibility anyway based on how things lined up with the Canada education so it worked out with the redshirt.

Never realized how old he was though.
    Jack Strop likes this.