Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Where Are They Now?

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Pablo, Nov 7, 2013.

1. sleeperpick

sleeperpick Hall of Famer

I also am not sure I have ever met a journalist or writer that is or used to be a fan of the maui wowi lol. most of the best writers are
    gmujim92 likes this.
  2. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

My Catholic mother was all twisted up about the Mary Jane. When I turned 21 I asked her what sense it made that I could legally buy a case of beer and drink all 24 at one time, but it was illegal to smoke a joint.

She had ... no response. :D
    sleeperpick likes this.
  3. Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81 All-American

4. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

Ha, that was a good win, although if I recall correctly 09-10 was a pretty rough season since it was so up and down with the youth. I know it of course set up for a wonderful 10-11 season however.
  5. Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81 All-American

Yeah 18 - 15 overall. It's funny, that was a down year. LOL. Now we look at 18 - 15 as the norm or even a good year. I still got a kick out of seeing inbounds plays that we actually scored with. Ball movement was fun to see as well. One of Mike Mo's more dominant games.
    mkaufman1 likes this.
  6. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

The inbounds plays kill me. I can at least see the logic in some of the other stupid things we do, our lack of an inbounds play just perplexes me.

It’s funny to watch this though. You can watch that, then remember the 2010-2011 team and see how much we’ve grown as a team. Up to this point under Dave, I think we’ve had individuals grow and make huge strides but we’ve never seen the team as a whole grow. We’ll see if we can finally buck that this year.
    MasonFanatic and mkaufman1 like this.
  7. mkaufman1

Def agreed with the last point. Or it seems like some guys do some guys dont. We haven't seen the collective group grow. Why? Is it coaching, the guys, some other external force? Who knows.

Ha yeah, 18-15 and 12-6 in the CAA even though most of the wins were squeakers. And we'd bitch and moan then! Haha. Hopefully we can see a 20+ win season this year
  8. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

A 20+ win season in 2020-21 would be impressive.
  9. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Yeah, with 27 games (if none of them get abandoned) we’re talking going something like 12-6 in conference and 8-1 in OOC to get to 20 wins.

Maybe we can say fewer than 10 losses would be a success.
  10. mkaufman1

Ok I probably was thinking 30 games as usual,so yeah fewer than 10 losses is cool with 27 games.
    MasonFanatic likes this.
  11. MasonFanatic

MasonFanatic All-Conference

Getting back to the topic of "where are they now," the Alumni Association is holding a virtual event next week to shine some more light on what impact Mason Athletics has on student athletes' lives after college, and where some of our alumni have gone and what they've done.

Will Thomas is one of the panelists. For those is us (like me) who wonder what our donations actually achieve, this is an opportunity to hear about the more long-term impacts of NCAA athletics.

Charting Career Success For Alumni Athletes

Each alumni athlete will be asked a series of questions about Mason's impact and how being involved in sports has contributed to their personal careers. Don't miss this opportunity to hear from alumni who have excelled athletically and personally, from student athlete to alumni athlete.

Tuesday, October 27th
    5 - 6:00 p.m.

Virtual Event - Zoom

https://alumni.gmu.edu/s/1564/GID2/...gid=5540&gid=2&cid=13965&ecid=13965&post_id=0
    mkaufman1 likes this.