Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Welcome Justin Kier

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by G M U, Oct 14, 2015.

1. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Strangely I don’t think Anthony Edwards has declared for the draft yet, has he?

Having a hard time imagining a scenario where he stays in school. I know I would’ve gone for the cash.
  2. sleeperpick

sleeperpick Hall of Famer

He has to declare one would think. He is a top 10 pick at worst.. stranger things have happened.
    gmujim92 likes this.
  3. Patriot8

Patriot8 Starter

Kier is a Lebron guy.. he can leave
  4. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

We should start a GoFundMe to compensate him for staying one more year :D
  5. By George.

By George. Starter

Paulsen didn’t rush him back, not even sure he has that power. Kier had the choice between surgery or rest/rehab and he didn’t want to miss the whole season after surgery. DP has botched plenty of things but he‘s not rushing players back from injury.
    gmujim92 and Dawgs99 like this.
  6. p8triotfan4life

p8triotfan4life Starter

at this point, Kier needs to make a decision. He is stringing us along. I was hoping he would have a decision by last Wednesday. If we don't hear something by Wednesday, I would like to move on.
  7. Mason2005

Mason2005 All-Conference

He's dropping his top 5 today so we'll see if we are still on his list.
  8. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

Yea this is a problem. As nice and sweet sounding as Kier is, he is pretty stubborn.
  9. p8triotfan4life

p8triotfan4life Starter

I don't understand why everyone is so hopeful. In my mind, he's not coming back. If he was committed to us, he would've never entered his name in the transfer portal in the first place.
    tblack33 likes this.
  10. sleeperpick

who needs a GoFundme when we have fans begging him on Twitter to come back. SwimMom, Dyl_Davis21 and some others lol. We probably are desperate for Kier to come back but the majority of our fans on Twitter are absolute dweebs. One more step today to finding out when he announces his top 5. We need Tucker to pull back from the draft by June 3rd for Butler to eliminate them. Not sure someone averaging 8 points and 6 rebounds thinks they are going to the NBA but YOLO
    gmujim92 and tblack33 like this.
  11. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

Agreed, I think the chances are still pretty slim even with a lot of the big name schools falling out of contention. And we may paint ourselves into a corner waiting for him and go into next season with an incomplete roster again.
  12. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

It appears to me that Justin is close to making a decision. And, he's so good, that Mason should not jeopardize its chances of retaining him.

However, I will stick with my original prediction:

https://twitter.com/ButlerMBB/status/1251307036555513856?s=20
  13. KAOriginal

KAOriginal All-Conference

Oooh....looks like there's going to be a spaghetti lunch here soon...then an announcement of the Final 5.
  14. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Conversely, if he had made up his mind to leave, no reason to include Mason as a possibility. I think he wanted to explore his options and see which P5 schools would come after him, and that’s what he’s doing.

I don’t expect him to stay, but it’s not a no-brainer decision like I thought it would be.
  15. sleeperpick

the majority of schools he is looking at really don't seem to fit his goals or aspirations to a T other than Auburn and Butler (but he hasn't actually toured them so do we really know the interest levels?) I don't think he comes back either at this point but damn would he and his advisors be making a dummy decision if he chooses someone like Minnesota or Georgetown
    gmujim92 likes this.
  16. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

I’m trying to find the quote from Kier saying he wants to be playing meaningful post season basketball but I can’t find it right now, does anyone have it? All I see are quotes about wanting to come in and contribute immediately, etc. Maybe he just wants a bigger stage? Which to be fair everyone left on his list is a bigger stage than Mason is right now.
  17. sleeperpick

nothing I have seen from his mouth, just speculation from reporters (NBCSN wrote "he would likely want to go somewhere that would allow him to start and contend for a postseason tournament.")
  18. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

Is Kier good enough to carry this sub-average team?
    PoorManProfit likes this.
  19. sleeperpick

better chance to not be bad with him then without is all I know
    gmujim92 likes this.
  20. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

He probably keeps us out of the bottom four, outside of that I’m not really sure. All depends on how healthy he comes back after a tough injury.