Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Welcome AJ WIlson

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Patriot8, Aug 9, 2016.

1. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

Great performances, I’ll never argue that, however I can also cherry pick plenty of games where he didn’t score above 6 points from that same season. He’s never averaged over 2.5 assists in a season. He’s somewhat turnover prone, he averages close to 3 TOs a game. I think he’s absolutely been a solid player for us, but the actual question I have and not just trying to be a Debbie downer because I’m stuck at home and thought about this earlier, hypothetically would Justin start at the 2 spot at any of the teams from the top 4 of the A10 last year?
  2. sleeperpick

sleeperpick All-American

Revisionist history is silly. Thus I’m not sure why we are still talking about Kier 2018-19 before the devastating injuries that probably won’t ever get him back to that level.
  3. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

No offense but I think Paulsen Derangement Syndrome has warped some people’s brains.
  4. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

I personally don’t think Kier is coming back. I think the team gets a boost if he does, but I’m not sure how to quantify how much of a boost it will be. I wrote what I did on the assumption he’s not coming back.

Kier would at minimum be a 6th man on another a10 team with his abilities.
    tblack33 likes this.
  5. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

Lol I understand where you are coming from man, but for once from me this has nothing to do with Paulsen. I’m just genuinely curious what people think, does Justin Kier start at the 2 guard on any of the teams that finished in the top 4 last year, and if so who does he start over from those teams?
  6. allhailme

allhailme Preferred Walk-On

What does any of this have to do with AJ Wilson????
  7. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

I think it’s possible he could have started ahead of Tyrese Martin on URI or Nick Sherrod on Richmond or Tay Weaver on SLU.
  8. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Nothing. But it’s the offseason so these threads are going to go all over the place
    mkaufman1 and gmujim92 like this.
  9. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

That isn’t revisionist history, it’s hypothetical speculation.
    mason89 likes this.
  10. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

lol I’m just waiting for the annual football thread to start
  11. PoorManProfit

PoorManProfit All-Conference

The other teams' players are, mostly, better, but I wouldn't expect you to be able to see that.
  12. PoorManProfit

Justin Keir is a good to trending average basketball player on a bad basketball team in the A-10s.
    DJ3 likes this.
  13. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

I’m thankful for mason hoops, but I disagree with the censorship.
  14. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

Just watched Semi Pro. AJ needs more Alley Oops!
  15. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

This post screams homer
    PoorManProfit likes this.
  16. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

Personally I don’t think he would start over Sherrod, Tay Weaver I could go either way on, you bring up a good point that he gives them some sorely needed FT shooting, Tyrese martin I think is a push. Martin is bigger, Kier is a better finisher.
  17. Petey Buckets

Petey Buckets Starter

Tay Weaver started two games for SLU. Kier could definitely start over Demarius Jacobs, the real starter, but wouldn't get more minutes than Perkins (A10 6th Man of the Year).

Martin was a stud but Kier starts over him easily. Probably a little bit better at everything at his peak (post foot injury, who knows).

Chatman from Dayton is interesting. Very much a fifth starter, by no means irreplaceable. Would love to see what Kier could do in a system that gets so many open looks at the rim.

He's not starting over Sherrod, because Richmond needs a guy in that spot who shoots a high percentage from 3 on high volume. Sherrod took twice as many 3s this year as Kier did last year and shot six points better (43% vs 37%).

Richmond is the only team he's definitely not starting over the incumbent, imo. Fun hypothetical but this is all kind of academic because he's getting a shitload of minutes on all those teams.
    gmujim92 and ephoops like this.
  18. PoorManProfit

100% true fact. Embarrassing.
  19. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Geez that one cut me deep :angel:
    patriot2000 likes this.
  20. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

Wasn’t AJ holding out for a P5 offer before eventually signing with mason? I wonder if he still has the itch to play for a P5. Giant killer just shared a photo AJ’s Instagram pic with a UMD player.