Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

USMNT exploits

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GMUgemini, Jun 11, 2015.

1. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

U.S. Advance to the knockout round of the Copa America Centenario (special 100th anniversary of the premier South American tournament) after going 2-1-0 in group play. Probably will face Brazil in the next round. But we'll be at home and Brazil hasn't being tearing it up lately (and will be without star striker Neymar who skipped the tournament to train for the Olympics).

Can we make it the the semis?

Update: with Costa Rico's upset win over Colombia, U.S. Advance in first place in the group and probably avoid Brazil in the next round and will probably face Ecuador.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  2. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Update number two: Brazil completely out after losing to Peru on a controversial goal that looked like a clear hand ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. phoenix-arizona

phoenix-arizona Starter

Peru felt the hand of god.
    GMUgemini likes this.
  4. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Why not talk about something else for a bit? The U.S. men played Honduras tonight in World Cup qualifying in San Jose, routing them 6-0.

Clint Dempsey back after a year with a heart condition with a hat trick, now two goals away from Landon Donovan's all-time scoring record. 18-year-old Christian Pusilic (son to two GMU soccer alums) continues his meteoric rise with a dominant performance in midfield (1 goal, 2 assists, and responsible for our first goal with a fantastic run and deflected shot even if he doesn't get credit in the box score).

It was Bruce Arena's first meaningful match as coach after Jurgen Klinsmann was fired. I don't think you can argue with the results.

Next match is away at Panama on March 28.
    mason89 likes this.
  5. phoenix-arizona

phoenix-arizona Starter

I was watching Mexico but yeah, very convincing win by United States .
  6. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Pretty sad that no one has updated this...the U.S. men's national team will miss the World Cup for the first time since 1986 after having dropped a 2-1 decision to laughably bad Trinidad and Tobago last night. T&T hadn't won their last 9 games and the U.S. just handed them the ball all game. It was a shameful display.
  7. phoenix-arizona

phoenix-arizona Starter

Trinidad built a wall between the United States and the World Cup
  8. Quentin Daniels

Quentin Daniels All-American

At 18 he's already had two sons? And they're old enough to have played soccer in college already??

How young did this guy start having sex???
    mason89 likes this.
  9. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

LOL...I mean son of two.