Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Transferring Players

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Vurbel, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

After their NCAA probation, Kentucky retired the numbers of Farmer, Pelphrey, Feldhaus, and Woods. Those four players stuck around and didn't transfer to another program that had a chance to go to the NCAAT. I'm not equating us to Kentucky, but Abram, Dixon, and Murrell helped get Mason back in the right direction (even though we are still working) and were selfless about it. In the big picture, I see Abram, Dixon, and Murrell in the discussion of most influential and selfless players in Mason history. They aren't on the Evans, Yates, or Butler level, nor the Otis or Grayer level, but they are arguably the most important transfer players we've ever had. More so than Whack, Jackson, or Porter.
    BandWagon18 and Mason2005 like this.
  2. Mason2005

Mason2005 Starter

Completely agree. They set Mason back on the right direction to the type of players we have been known for, not the plague virus ones.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
  3. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

Now Troy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. The Great PATSby

The Great PATSby Starter

DeAndre committed to Milwaukee. Hope he crushes it there.
  5. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

He's going straight to the NBA??? Good for him! ;)
  6. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Didn't Milwaukee almost get the auto-bid even after losing 20+ games last year? I think they made their conference finals.

They're also coached by the guy I was hoping Mason would target before hiring Paulsen, LaVall Jordan.
    gmujim92 and sleeperpick like this.
  7. MasonFanatic

MasonFanatic All-Conference

Milwaukee is moving to the Horizon League, so DeAndre will match up against Karmari in conference play