Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

The Politics Board Lives (in this thread)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GreenLantern, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8 Hall of Famer

Find that in your family, your mate, and your church. Looking for that in a politician is futile.
  2. Quentin Daniels

Quentin Daniels Hall of Famer

That’s a fair call out. Perhaps she was wearing a medical grade mask not available to most of the public.

Can you also state that viruses don’t have wings? And that they must travel through water droplets/vapor?

Can you state that even a cloth mask can stop significantly more droplets through a cough or sneeze than no mask at all? Especially when worn by both the person sneezing/coughing & those in the vicinity?
  3. Quentin Daniels

I’ve found it in many elected officials. Mostly at the local level.

That you think a Christian nation could exist w/out Christian leaders tells me that’s not really a priority to you.

As does your cult like worship of Trump.
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
  4. Pikapppatri8

So what is this a picture of?

Yeah - breath on a medium and that assumes this is an N95 mask. All the other ones are useless as indicated by the CDC.

Nice try.

[​IMG]
  5. Pikapppatri8

Its bullshit -- I know. I have two doctors in the family. The only mask that would be anywhere near effective is N95 and that constitutes about 5% of the mask in the hands of private citizens. The rest are useless.

By they make great virtue signaling of the sheep's compliance.
  6. Pikapppatri8

I believe in Christian leaders --- and think they are necessary and moreso in private institutions and civic life than in the government. At that level its policies that matter.

I beleive that a nation cannot exist as a Christian nation as long as democrats and their policies reign. Find me someone more Christ like that can fight and beat down the integrated institutions of evil that constitute the DNC, Media, Hollywood and Academia --- I will vote for them. Unfortunately -- Christ is not a candidate. We have two choices. I am supporting the pro-life, pro-religious liberty, pro-American candidate. That is my priority.

That -- for better or worse ---- is Trump. Call it cult like worship if that makes you feel better. But I don't worship Trump. I recognize his faults - but unlike you I keep my eyes on what matters - policies and outcomes. And you suffer a bit from blindness in your own eyes about Trump by being a bit more negative than the facts would justify. Specifically about his younger years versus his elder years. Again unlike you - I won't point out the speck in my brothers eye before I remove the log in my own.

You constantly focus on every personality flaw and stylistic deficiencies of Trump - and there are many - but ignore the concrete policies which are more Christian than any Democrat would support. He is even more forcefully pro-life than Reagan to the elder Bush. he is fighting to keep churches open and allow the exercising of ones faith in defiance of godless amoral tyrannical blue state governors. The policies and outcome matter more than the man at the national level.

Your approach while laudable in its "purity" will only allow Democrats to continue their reign of terror against Christianity, murder mullions of babies a year in abortion, eliminate private schools - most of which are Christian -- and force all kids into state run indoctrination institutions, and open the borders to hordes of invaders just so they can guarantee their perpetual power by turning the illegals into citizens (thereby bastardizing the whole concept). All of which us anti-Christian and subverts a Christian nation.

We have two choices - Democrat policies and objectives with Biden as the front man and Republican policies and objectives with Trump as the incumbent. Jesus nor any of the saints are not on the ticket. As sad as that is -- it is the reality. Our choice rests on one of those two. You can beat your chest and point your finger at everyone else - but if you don't for the side -- at least -- that is closest to your own values - you are helping the other side.

A conservative who doesn't like Trump and sits out the election helps Biden and the democrats. If Biden wins - then those type of people are complicit with everything that comes after.

If you are a godless commie liberal and don't vote for Biden because he isn't as whack job left as yourself -- you are helping Trump. If he wins - then you are complicit in what follows.

All the saintly local elected officials you like are not going to help us here.
  7. Pikapppatri8

Court rules against Ohio stay-at-home laws - calling them arbitrary.

https://www.cleveland19.com/2020/05...us-related-stay-safe-ohio-cannot-be-punished/

A Lake County Court of Common Pleas judge ruled against Dr. Amy Acton and the Ohio Department of Health in a lawsuit filed by more than two dozen gyms that were ordered to close as part of the statewide stay-at-home directive.

Court records from May 20 show Judge Eugene Lucci granted a preliminary injunction blocking state and county health officials from taking any action against fitness centers that violate the safety restrictions by reopening.

The ruling states that Dr. Acton, the Lake County General Health District, law enforcement officers, prosecutors, and the Ohio Attorney General are “enjoined," or prohibited from imposing any penalties for non-compliance of the Department of Health director’s order, given that they operate in compliance with safety regulations.

The lawsuit, filed by 1851 Center for Constitution law on behalf of Rock House Fitness Inc, and 34 other gyms, was presented on May 8 to the Lake County Court of Common Pleas judge after the statewide stay-at-home and “Stay Safe Ohio” orders restricted certain non-essential businesses from operating as a precautionary measure to help limit the spread of COVID-19.

“Constitutions are written to prevent governments from arbitrarily interfering in citizens’ lives and businesses. On that front, the call to action is clear. The Governor and health director may no longer impose their own closures and regulations and write their own criminal penalties to enforce those regulations and closures,” explained 1851 Center Executive Director Maurice Thompson.
  8. Pikapppatri8

Interesting statistics.

The majority of deaths lays at the feet of DEMS who sent positive patients to nursing homes and killed thousands.

[​IMG]
  9. KAOriginal

KAOriginal All-Conference

The only medical grade mask that would have that type of containment...would be N95 or greater...PAPR or something greater. But that person doesn't mention that right? She wants to be some hero/person of note and that is the problem with social media.

Yeah I can say they do not have wings. As I have to explain over and over to the people who I interact with....it's not like fleas where it jumps off one person onto another. It's about being aerosolized--spitting while you speak, coughing and sneezing....and you being close enough to get it into YOUR EYES, NOSE or MOUTH. And of course now they are questioning if asymptomatics can even transmit it.

I am not against masks...."it helps"...it helps if someone is going to be inconsiderate and cough or sneeze and not cover themselves. But JFC the sheeple believe it's some golden cure and we get into bullying and shaming about it. We all have to figure out our level of risk taking. Watch your contact with people and wash your hands. Like really wash your hands. That's why it's tearing thru places with nursing homes, public transit and close quarters living where there's alot of touching.
  10. Quentin Daniels

Exactly, it helps. I don’t expect it to be a perfect guarantee, I would suspect the overwhelming majority of people do too.

But if I’ve got a 20% chance of catching it from someone near me if neither of us is wearing a mask and that drops to 10% if we both wear one, even a homemade handkerchief, that’s going to help curtail the spread pretty significantly and literally save lives. Not figuratively, literally.

So while @Pikapppatri8 wants to virtue signal and be internet tough guy like one of those fat f*cks posing w/a rifle that couldn’t make the hikes in Polk or Knox, I’m going to wear a mask. It’s not about being scared, it’s about being willing to be inconvenienced and go out of my way to help out society. I don’t criticize the drunk driver for putting their life at risk, I do it because they put others lives at risk.

Thats I was raised, what I was taught as a soldier, and as a Christian. Be a team player, be willing to sacrifice some of your own comforts for the betterment of others.
  11. Quentin Daniels

12. Quentin Daniels

I would explain liability laws and efforts to avoid frivolous lawsuits but that’s counter to the narrative you want to believe, so it’s be a waste of time.

Instead, I’ll just ask for that link to the CDC saying all other masks are useless.
  13. KAOriginal

KAOriginal All-Conference

Pikapppatri8 likes this.
  14. Quentin Daniels

The CDC update on secondary contact from surfaces was good news. I’m not sure about your “panic” label but it’s a positive.

As for masks & social distancing, I’m not sure if that’s a joke but it’s the opposite of what I’ve observed. When I’m out w/out a mask, typically in a more open-air environment where it’s easier to space, I’ve noticed people tend to forget social distancing rules and default back to normal behaviors.

w/a mask on, it’s a visual reminder that I’d prefer others to keep their space from me.
  15. Quentin Daniels

Gosh, how magnanimous of you. False smear goes national accusing this woman of an affair and being murdered and you "can see" how it "could" be "hurtful" but still go on to justify.

Meanwhile, the husband who lost his wife is left writing a letter to the CEO of twitter to remove the tweets (multiple) because counting on the integrity or shame of Trump or his shitbird offspring to delete or apologize is like counting on the integrity or shame of a sewer rat not to swim in filth.

"I’m asking you to intervene in this instance because the President of the United States has taken something that does not belong him — the memory of my dead wife — and perverted it for perceived political gain. I would also ask that you consider Lori’s niece and two nephews who will eventually come across this filth in the future. They have never met their Aunt and it pains me to think they would ever have to ‘learn’ about her this way.

My wife deserves better."

Full letter here:
    https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...faa205b1364518c15b3/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

And not that politics should matter in something like this, but Lori Klausutis was a Republican.
  16. Quentin Daniels

Internet tough guy talk about "sheep's compliance" aside, here's from a friend who is the Immunization Program Medical Director for the TN Dept. of Health and on the Board of Directors for the American Academy of Pediatrics as the District IV chair, representing Kentucky, North and South Carolina, Virginia and Tennessee,

My parents are in their 80s.

They’re in pretty good health— 3 out of 4 knees are new. Dad’s one kidney functions pretty well. Moms high blood pressure is under control.
    They live independently a little over 2 hours from me, in a rural part of Tennessee.

They each have a 1 in 5 chance of dying from coronavirus if they become infected.

I wouldn’t be able to go to the hospital with them, even though I’m their medical power of attorney.

They wouldn’t be able to stay with each other in the hospital if one became ill.

Some people would tell them, “Just stay home if you’re afraid! I don’t want to have to wear a mask on my face to protect you!”

But they have to go to the grocery store. They don’t have delivery. They have one grocery in their community. They might be able to order online, but they don’t tend to navigate that well and it would involve entering credit card info and that makes them uneasy.

And they have to go to the doctor. As I said, Dad has one kidney. He needs labs and injections. He couldn’t do it by telemedicine even if he wanted to (and he doesn’t have a webcam or a phone with great video conferencing ability, so telemed isn’t so much an option anyway).

And they have to get gas.
    And prescriptions.

So sometimes “just stay home!” isn’t a great option.

Know what would help them a lot?
    If everyone wore a mask in public.

I’m doing that for you and your parents, too.

Please dont feed the virus.

❤️IGBOK if we can all do our part.

But yeah @Pikapppatri8 it's totally about you not being a sheep and totally NOT about you being selfish.

Post some more memes, snowflake.
  17. Pikapppatri8

I gotta laugh about your complaints on "tough talk" -- project much?? - I just refuse to be cowed by misinformation.

Nice quote you dug up from one medical doctor. I have two in the family and follow their advice and aside from agreeing on the elderly because they are the greatest risk - the notion of wearing masks all the time is not something they would agree with. We can all find a medical professional with a different opinion.

As I have stated before - and you have ignored for convenience from your throne of sanctimony -- I wear a mask when visiting my 80 year old mom in her 55-plus community. I wear an N95 mask as do my kids an wife because it is a fact that they are the highest risk population. I wear an N95 mask in Costco - because its a private business and if I want to shop their I follow their rules. I will wear the same mask in a grocery store if they require it. If they don't - I won't. However, when I do wear a mask - it is one that is really effective.

I have pointed out the hypocrisy of the mask nazis regarding people outdoors when they don't wear masks. They are not needed outdoors because of distance and the air. - Most of the people who scream about others wearing masks are using masks that by all statements of doctors and the CDC - Are USELESS. Cloth masks - useless. Carbon filters stuffed into cloth masks - useless. The little blue paper masks - useless. Knitted and crocheted masks - a f*cking joke. Nothing more than a symbol.

You might like to walk outside in a paper mask and point at everyone with your holier than thou attitude about "being selfish" - but your are fooling yourself because unless its a full on N95 mask or respirator - you aren't saving or protecting anyone. It doesn't make you more virtuous than anyone else. You aren't even protecting yourself.

But sanctimony and virtue signalling makes a lot of people feel better and let's them channel their inner "Karen" to try to dictate their views on others.

So I will say it here and I will say it to your face. --- I will do what I want within the law and rules of private establishments and facilities--- if you don't like it -- too bad. I more than happy to agree to disagree but you cannot seem to get that message. We are not going to agree. Leave it there - you aren't going to convince me otherwise.

Now you like to call me out on these boards personally (constantly) and I am ok with that. I am more than happy to provide you some entertainment and meaning as you shelter in your house wearing a mask and bathing in hand sanitizer. If that makes you happy and content - God Bless you. But stop with the virtue signalling and pointing of finger. If it will calm you down and make you happy I will be glad to wear a "Scarlet M" -- to signal my rebellious nature to all concerned.

But don't complain or be surprised when I am not polite and don't curry misinformation and BS.
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  18. Pikapppatri8

Oregon automatically registers non- US citizen to vote and refuses to remove this individual even when that individual tells them they are not eligible to vote.

So voter fraud is real. Mail in voting is a danger to our democracy.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ed-vote-via-motor-voter-bill-vote-mail-video/

“I just want to highlight to American citizens this does happen. I don’t know why there’s this blind belief that it cannot happen. It does happen, it happened to me,” says a woman who has come forward to tell the story about how she, as a non citizen, ended up getting registered to vote without even knowing it, and had ballots sent to her. “I’m here legally, but I’m not a citizen,” she explains, as she came to the country as a child and has married a citizen, and then she started applying to become a citizen, going through all the proper steps.

Ever since the advent of vote-by-mail, elections integrity activists have pointed out all the different ways that such a system could be compromised.

As news of the ballot scandal continues to spread through Oregon, a new problem is rearing its head for the Democrats and those in charge of elections: A legal immigrant, but non-citizen, who is going through the process to become a citizen, has evidently been receiving ballots.

This whistleblower has come forward to tell her story about how she started receiving ballots in the mail, addressed to her, after she had changed her address with the DMV and postal service, both of which apparently have the power to input data that affects one’s voter registration.

She wanted to stay anonymous, but enough paperwork was provided to validate her claims. She had no clue she had been registered to vote, never said she wanted to be registered, and no one ever asked her if she wanted to be registered. She was simply automatically registered.

Ballots started arriving in her mailbox in 2016, and continued through 2018, for a total of five elections. She says she likely would have received a sixth ballot had she not taken the steps to cancel her voter registration.

Here’s a screencap from her voting profile document showing she had been sent five ballots:

[​IMG]

The likely culprit is Oregon’s fairly new Motor Voter law, which automatically registers anyone to vote who does certain transactions with the DMV. Again, Democrats said that only citizens would be added to the voter registration database. Somehow, somewhere, perhaps by intent, there was no such mechanism that prevented the whistleblower from being registered. State officials have also told everyone that cards would be sent out to anyone registered under the Motor Voter law so new voters could pick which party they wanted or decline to be registered. The whistleblower says she never received any such card.

She tried to get the attention of election officials, but they were apathetic. They wouldn’t remove her from the voter rolls on their own. She had to fill out a special form asking to be removed. Even after that, her county elections director couldn’t give her a straight answer as to how she was registered to vote.

Here are shots of the emails between her and elections officials in Marion County, Oregon (click images to enlarge):
  19. Pikapppatri8

I have attached the pictures from the mask boxes themselves stating CDC advisories on non-N95 masks. You chose to ignore. Cannot help you there.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...sks-do-they-actually-block-spread/2899622001/

Experts advise, however, that while the homemade alternatives can create a loose-fitting barrier that may mitigate the spread of some germs, they are not designed to block the spread of COVID-19, the official name of the pandemic that has swept the globe.

“The only mask that the CDC considers safe from you getting the coronavirus, the only way to actually prevent you from inhaling it, is the N95 mask,” Captain Michael Doyle, a U.S. Army New York National Guard physician assistant, told USA TODAY. Doyle is the commanding officer at the drive-in coronavirus testing site in New Rochelle, New York.
  20. Pikapppatri8

Norway determines their lock down was not necessary - should have followed Sweden's approach.

https://www.thelocal.no/20200522/no...olled-infection-without-lockdown-health-chief

The head of the Norwegian Institute of Public Health believes Norway could have brought the coronavirus pandemic under control without a lockdown, and called for the country to avoid such far-reaching measures if hit by a second wave.

Camille Stoltenberg, the agency's Director General, told state broadcaster NRK that the agency's analysis now suggested less restrictive measures would have been sufficient.

"Our assessment now....is that we could possibly have achieved the same effects and avoided some of the unfortunate impacts by not locking down, but by instead keeping open but with infection control measures," she said.

The institute reported at the start of this month that the reproduction number had already fallen to as low as 1.1 even before the lockdown was announced on March 12.

This suggests that it would not have required heavy-handed measures such as school closures to bring it below 1 and so push the number of infected people in the country into a gradual decline.