Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

The Politics Board Lives (in this thread)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GreenLantern, Mar 31, 2016.

1. phoenix-arizona

phoenix-arizona All-Conference

Do you say that about male politicians too, or do you just save that just for women?
  2. Quentin Daniels

Quentin Daniels Hall of Famer

All the ones that throw staplers at their staff's heads, Yes.

And you. Except I use "little" instead of "raging."
  3. JimP

JimP All-American

If you're a woman you're a bitch, if you're a man you're doing what ya' gotta do.

Trump's the biggest bitch going and it's in plain sight. We don't have to wait on reports from subordinates to know this. We do hear from those subordinates all the time though. Clown actually does think he knows more than his generals.
    phoenix-arizona likes this.
  4. KAOriginal

KAOriginal All-Conference

Nope...Al Gore...John Kerry....same description......and why they lost.

Trump is just a complete assh*le......however his cover up of it is superficial...he knows we know.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  5. phoenix-arizona

Fair enough. As long as you’re all inclusive hating, republicans and democrats
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  6. KAOriginal

Yes! I hate everyone I hate....equally!
  7. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Hall of Famer

Klobuchar may be rough on her staff but I'll still vote for her over the stain in the White House.
  8. KAOriginal

If that's true...then she's not better than the rest unfortunately.
  9. phoenix-arizona

generally I think there’s a harder time given to female politicians on every front than male ones
  10. phoenix-arizona

Can sanders or mayor Pete win or are we walking into a McGovern type slaughter?
    GreenLantern likes this.
  11. GreenLantern

Sanders wins but the moderates show strong. Biden and Warren on the ropes. Nevada is next.
  12. GreenLantern

No way Sanders wins. Pete can win but Trump will play the homophobia card.
  13. phoenix-arizona

We’ll get to see how far America has come from its homophobia
  14. JimP

JimP All-American

Exactly what I am afraid of with Sanders. Yesterday a poll came out that indicated Bloomberg has the best numbers against Trump. That was before all the crap came out. Unless you are a gun nut buying what the NRA is selling, not sure why Bloomberg wouldn't get a bunch of votes from independents and some Republican votes.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  15. GreenLantern

There are essentially 4 candidates left.

Sanders - Devoted following but little appeal to the swing and moderate voter.
    Klobuchar - May pull the Hillary vote and moderates but has little organization outside of Iowa or NH
    Mayor Pete - Strong position but little appeal among African Americans and you need them to have any chance to win.
    Bloomberg - Could easily buy the nomination and oddly, he polls well with blacks recently. His philanthropic work over the years has paid off
  16. Quentin Daniels

Sanders can’t win. He’s the one candidate that could make me go back on ever considering voting for Trump.

It’d be a Reagan/Carter landslide. Trump Campaign would be drooling at the thought of running past speeches of him praising Moscow, Castro, Ortega, Sandinistas, even Venezuela and than one anti-America screed after another.

I like that Buttigieg has executive experience, actually knowing what it’s like being the one in charge and having to make decisions from imperfect options. I wish it was something more than Mayor of a mid-size town of barely 100K people.
  17. GreenLantern

My nephew and his family lived right outside of South Bend until recently and had Pete and his partner as neighbors. I too like his experience as an executive and his youth refreshing. Is appeal outside of white mid america will be tested in Nevada and South Carolina. If he can do well there, that could be big.
  18. Quentin Daniels

For 3.5 years democrats have been railing against the electoral college in favor of a nat'l popular vote that'd make rural Americans serfs.

But here they are in their primary w/Sanders 2-0 in the popular vote so far and Buttigieg w/the most delegates.
  19. KAOriginal

And yet, Bloomberg is
    And Bloomberg is essentially sitting out these early small states, cause he wants to capture the big states down the road.

So he's going to swoop in where numbers make sense.

To me...doesn't that make you see the value of electoral college? It keeps you honest and not "gaming the system" that a straight popular vote gives rise to..
  20. GreenLantern

Only the super liberals have complained about the Electoral College. I see the need for it and Trump won in 2016 because his team saw the election that way and focused on winning in those states that got him to 270. Hillary took it all for granted.