Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

The Politics Board Lives (in this thread)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GreenLantern, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Quentin Daniels

Quentin Daniels Hall of Famer

I will agree with you that if a Sanders or Warren type wins, there will be big changes for the middle and working classes. Huge changes.
  2. Walter

Walter All-American

3. JimP

JimP All-American

If this is what you think is going on, I'm not sure why you'd have a problem with it. You hate Bernie's politics and have suggested that the Republicans should have knee-capped Trump in their primaries.
  4. phoenix-arizona

phoenix-arizona All-Conference

Really sad times at the El Royale today.
  5. Quentin Daniels

Interesting. Sanders ahead in number of votes by 2,500 but Buttigieg leads in State Delegate Equivalents by 3,500 which determines the winner.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1225288704467533825?s=21

97% reporting from Iowa

State Delegate Equivalents

Buttigieg550.339
    Sanders546.912
    Warren381.258
    Biden331.351
    Klobuchar255.216

SDEs (previous tweet) determine winner but latest popular vote totals are:

Sanders: 44,753
    Buttigieg: 42,235
    Warren: 34,312
    Biden: 23,051
    Klobuchar: 20,525
  6. Quentin Daniels

1) Bernie Sanders wins more popular votes in Iowa than any other candidate
    2) The results were basically lost by a company named SHADOW, owned by ACRONYM
    3) Pete Buttigieg is awarded the most delegates when results come out....two days late
    4) DNC says Iowa needs to try again, Iowa State Party ignores the request
    5) AP claims they can't declare a winner
    6) [​IMG]
  7. phoenix-arizona

8. Quentin Daniels

9. Walter

Walter All-American

You mean like in the first debate where all Dems said they supported open borders and free medical care for all who crossed the border?

Or like last night when Bernie said, “We have have a racist society from top to bottom.”
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  10. Quentin Daniels

Yep.

Also, if you’re pro-life there’s no place for you on the Democrat party. Nice of them to let pro-lifers offended by Trump’s behavior that their vote is unwelcome.
  11. JimP

JimP All-American

He's buying his way in, but I think Bloomberg has the best chance to beat Trump. I'd welcome it if his candidacy gains momentum. ABT. I like a few others, but rightly or wrongly, I don't think they can convince enough people to vote for them.
  12. Quentin Daniels

13. phoenix-arizona

I'd vote for him too if it was either him or Trump, but the problem would still remain for me. He'd be another neo-liberal like Clinton and Obama and would he be able to solve any of the problems that led to the rise of Trump's populism? If not, we'd be back with another Trump-like Republican in 24.

But then again, I'd rather Bloomberg appoint judges for 4 years than Trump.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  14. JimP

JimP All-American

Valid point. Bloomberg probably isn't the best friend of working class men and women. Could continue the cycle of Dem who does little to nothing for them followed by a Republican who knows what to say to gain power.
  15. Quentin Daniels

#BelieveWomen

#MaleFeminist

From 1996 to 1997, four women filed sexual-harassment or discrimination suits against Bloomberg the company. One of the suits included the following allegation: When Sekiko Sakai Garrison, a sales representative at the company, told Mike Bloomberg she was pregnant, he replied, “Kill it!” (Bloomberg went on, she alleged, to mutter, “Great, No. 16”—a reference, her complaint said, to the 16 women at the company who were then pregnant.) To these allegations, Garrison added another one: Even prior to her pregnancy, she claimed, Bloomberg had antagonized her by making disparaging comments about her appearance and sexual desirability. “What, is the guy dumb and blind?” he is alleged to have said upon seeing her wearing an engagement ring. “What the hell is he marrying you for?”
    ----
    What Bloomberg reportedly did concede is that he had said of Garrison and other women, “I’d do her.” In making the concession, however, he insisted that he had believed that to “do” someone meant merely “to have a personal relationship” with them.
    ----
    In a 1998 filing, Mary Ann Olszewski reported that “male employees from Mr. Bloomberg on down” routinely belittled women at the company—a pattern of harassment, she said, that culminated in her being raped in a Chicago hotel room by a Bloomberg executive who was also her direct superior. The case was dismissed (not, apparently, on its merits, but rather because Olszewski’s attorney had missed the deadlines to respond to a motion to end the case). Before it was, though, in a deposition relating to the suit, Bloomberg testified that he wouldn’t consider Olszewski’s rape allegation to be genuine unless there were “an unimpeachable third-party witness” to corroborate her claims. (Asked by a lawyer how such a person might happen to witness a rape, Bloomberg replied, “There are times when three people are together.”)
    ---
    Bloomberg reportedly saying to a journalist and the journalist’s friend, as he gazed at a woman at a holiday party, “Look at the ass on her.” (He denied having made that comment.) Bloomberg, according to a top aide, seeing attractive women and reflexively remarking, “Nice tits.” Bloomberg, mocking Christine Quinn, the then-speaker of New York’s City Council, for going too long between hair colorings. (“The couple of days a week before I need to get my hair colored,” Quinn once said, “he’ll say, ‘Do you pay a lot to make your hair be two colors? Because now it’s three with the gray.’”) Bloomberg mocking Quinn again, she said, for failing to wear heels at public events. (“I was at a parade with him once and he said, ‘What are those?’ and I said, ‘They’re comfortable,’ and he said, ‘I never want to hear those words out of your mouth again.’”)
    https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...tzj2Kx1tDZ_287iSdVagl9elDJbJ2b9rOrQxGiFi8XY6w

But "binders full of women" in regards to actively recruiting and hiring female managers and a 30-year-old allegation where the date, location, and other facts proven incorrect (including everyone named all denying it ever occurred) are both disqualifying.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  16. Quentin Daniels

17. phoenix-arizona

“No candidate in the modern primary cycle has won the nomination without coming in first or second in New Hampshire or Iowa.”

If Biden drops out, I guess his voters will go to mayor Pete or Bloomberg
  18. JimP

JimP All-American

Mike Bloomberg is considered a male feminist now? When did that happen - when he decided to run for president as a Democrat? Hey - our guy may be racist (stop and frisk racist comments out today as well) and sexist, but this Bloomberg guy is both and a phony too! (Oops, sorry to call Trump racist - many a Trumper knows he's simply defying the PC crowd. More likely though - they are racist too and don't care)

Too bad Mike - you sound like Trump. Granted, you'd be a less corrupt and much more competent version - but you're likely toast now. Only Trump and his political pals get away with this shit in this day and age.

Gonna hafta roll with Klobuchar and Buttigieg now. Warren maybe. If he somehow makes it through and it's down to him and Trump, gotta go with Mike.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  19. KAOriginal

KAOriginal All-Conference

Why Klobuchar could work...

She's as of yet not the screeching c*nt that knows more than you, the great unwashed population.

Thats the been the failure of Clinton and Warren that no one seemed to grasp
  20. Quentin Daniels

At least not publicly. Lots of reports that she's a raging b!tch to her staff, to the point of not only verbally abusive but physically as well.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/22/us/politics/amy-klobuchar-staff.html

Still, might be the best of that lot. Zero executive experience though.