Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

The Politics Board Lives (in this thread)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GreenLantern, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Quentin Daniels

Quentin Daniels Hall of Famer

2. JimP

JimP All-American

Bolton can't be accused by Trump of being a member of the Deep State out to get him. Guy is a nutty neocon. I am sure the gutless Republicans in the Senate will find a way to clean this up for Trump.
  3. Quentin Daniels

Hunter Biden, who has claimed he didn't have the money to pay child support for his baby-mama stripper he knocked-up, was seen pulling up to the Ritz Carlton for lunch in a new Porsche w/his wife. Not his dead Brother's ex-spouse wife that he divorced but the current pregnant Instagram wife that he screwed around on w/the baby-mama stripper.

I feel like if this was Trump Jr., the media might pay more attention. But I guess if you can return your Hertz rental car w/a crack pipe, an envelope of white powder, your forgotten credit cards, and a Delaware Atty General Badge inside and not get media coverage, than driving to lunch at the Ritz in your new Porsche while broke is minor stuff.
  4. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Hall of Famer

Hunter is a trainwreck. Beau was the golden child in that family. Makes me think the wrong Biden got the brain tumor.
  5. GreenLantern

Looks like Bolton spilled lots of secrets in his new book, biggest of which is that Trump directly ordered the aid freeze on Ukraine. Now Collins and Romney are firmly in favor of bringing Bolton in to testify during the trial. Two more GOP Senators and it will happen
    JimP likes this.
  6. JimP

JimP All-American

Hilarious. Ken Starr on Senate floor piously bemoaning dragging the country through impeachment. Funny comment I just heard on TV - "Does Ken Starr know he is Ken Starr?"
  7. GreenLantern

The thing is that everyone is dragging out clips from 1998 showing the whole hypocrisy of Dems and GOPers alike. Politicians these days have no free will.
  8. KAOriginal

KAOriginal All-Conference

Ken Starr was independent counsel and actually found a crime--perjury and actions of obstructing justice in an actual federal civil rights case.

He investigated and reported to the House. They voted and moved forward for yes..political reasons.

If it were equivalent today...Mueller would be Starr...and actually found a crime..(but he apparently didn't..or couldn't remember.)

So Ken Starr is not actually wrong or changing his tune. He was not responsible for what the House did, no different than Meuller would be.

And that my friends...comes from my hardcore leftist ex wife lawyer who hates Trump.

This House did itself a disservice and f___ the process up royally.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    Quentin Daniels likes this.
  9. Quentin Daniels

It legitimately saddens me that the Republican Party has fallen victim to the Trump Cult. I tried to deny it for the first two years but it's hard to deny now. And in a way I get it, to stand against Trump is to immolate yourself in your primary. The final result either being replaced by someone more willing to drink the kool-aid and doubleplus bellyfeel Trump's ramblings and blackwhite like a good little duckspeaker.

But the democrats offer no alternative. Sanders is pretty much a communist and Warren isn't too far behind. Biden is a fool that can't go five minutes w/out putting his foot in his mouth and has been on the wrong side of foreign policy his entire career. Buttigieg I always though lacked the experience but had at least appeared sane, now though he's saying that if you're pro-life you have no place in the party and handing out sheets for "people of color only" to fill out w/microaggressions so his white staffers can understand. (Color of skin over content of character much?) Bloomberg might be the best but don't really want another silver spoon NYC billionaire, esp. one who thinks China isn't a dictatorship, it's good to tax the poor to keep them from making bad decisions w/their own money and regulating soda sizes is the proper role of the govt.

Essentially, I think we're F'd.
  10. KAOriginal

KAOriginal All-Conference

Trump Cult is no different than the Obama Cult....where he could do no wrong.

The issue why we are F'ed is because the Federal government is too big, too out of control and only works for the next voting cycle.
    Walter likes this.
  11. Walter

Walter All-American

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=14289

• Members of Young Americans for Freedom claim they were told by GMU police to move their recruitment operation to a “free speech area.”
    • GMU police claim that no such incident occurred and that there is no such area on campus.
  12. Quentin Daniels

13. JimP

JimP All-American

So, Trump can do whatever he wants to do in the name of being reelected. Thanks Dershowitz, gutless Republicans.

John Dean - Dershowitz just "uninmpeached Nixon."
  14. Walter

Walter All-American

I am so glad those legal scholars on The View set Dershowitz straight on Constitutional Law.
  15. GreenLantern

Trial could be all over today. No evidence. No Bolton. Time to focus on the election.
  16. Quentin Daniels

Consensus seems to be Trump's behavior is "bad but not impeachable," which isn't a whole lot different than what the Democrats said during the Clinton impeachment for perjury and obstruction of justice.
  17. JimP

JimP All-American

Republican consensus after the first Senate impeachment trial in history that will see no witnesses. Clinton lied about sex, which anybody could do under oath. Only a president could use his office to bribe a foreign government to investigate his political rival. Not even close. Essentially a cover up aided by Republicans in Senate. Thing is, more stuff concerning the Ukraine fiasco will continue to come out. Hopefully it gets him voted out but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.
    phoenix-arizona likes this.
  18. Quentin Daniels

The importance of Iowa when Bernie is leading.

[​IMG]

This is the second time in a row the MSM is trying to rig an election. Only this they’re trying to sabotage the candidate from the favored party they think incapable of winning (Sanders) vs puffing up the opposition candidate they think too toxic to possibly win (Trump).

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  19. GreenLantern

20. GreenLantern

Note the posting time. Unless you can see posts in the future, I'd wonder about its veracity