Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

The Politics Board Lives (in this thread)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GreenLantern, Mar 31, 2016.

1. GreenLantern

GreenLantern All-American

I would have gladly accepted a Kasich Presidency. I may not have agreed with some of his positions but he would have treated the office with the reverence and honor it deserves. I also voted for Romney over Obama so while I am tribal in some of my viewpoints, I am by no means an automatic vote for liberal candidates if that candidate does not meet up with my standards.
    JimP likes this.
  2. Quentin Daniels

Quentin Daniels All-American

"Pizzagate" was a Reddit thread “Comet Ping Pong – Pizzagate Summary” created by u/DumbScribblyUnctious. Letterman made his comments aimed at a 14 y/o child.

Nice equivalency. Anonymous commenter on Reddit = Nationally Televised Host

Nope, no tribalism in that comment.

Nope, just you. I think people are people.

What I did say, however, is that the left has sway over the MSM and that those who swing that way overlook the smug attitude that comes out of it, not as swipes and/or vulgar comments but just popular culture. That you have to compare a Reddit comment to a national television show and were oblivious to the disparity makes my point better than I could have.

[​IMG]
  3. Quentin Daniels

Supreme Court votes 7-2 in favor of the religious rights of the Colorado bakers who declined to make a wedding cake for a gay couple.
  4. JimP

JimP All-Conference

Ok - you can bring up Letterman and I can bring up Hannity and Fox News promoting conspiracy theories concerning the murder of Seth rich over and over again. Why is your focus on the misdeeds of powerful liberals when the misdeeds of powerful conservatives are so easy to come up with? Tribalist! As our common enemy Donald Trump likes to say - SAD!!!
  5. JimP

JimP All-Conference

Weren't you the founder of "Liberal Tribalists for Romney" back in 2012 GL?
  6. Quentin Daniels

I'd point out that Sean Hannity is a political commentator, a lousy hack of one but one regardless, and not ostensibly an entertainer and my original comment was about popular culture and how so many liberals are so obtuse when it comes to grasping the vitriol and condescending smugness in so much of popular culture.

I would point it out, but you're too obtuse to pick up on it despite several examples already.

Wrong again. Donald Trump isn't my enemy. I wish someone else was President and not a fan but he's not my enemy.

That's your simplistic binary worldview, not mine.
  7. JimP

JimP All-Conference

Actually, I think both Limbaugh and Hannity have described themselves as entertainers if you only want to focus on smugness in the world of entertainment.

Everybody has their blind spots. You're attuned to liberal smugness and I see it on the right. As long the Republicans are the party of Trump you oughta just let it go. Trump's smugness will be met with smugness from his opposition.
  8. GreenLantern

9. GreenLantern

10. Walter

Walter All-American

If history is any indication, once he dies, his "young" wife and children will be suduced by leftists to start giving David's money to socially acceptable groups. Who in turn will use it to fight against everything he stood for. Hopefully there will not be a David Koch, Jr. running on the Green Party ticket in 2032.
  11. Quentin Daniels

Bill Clinton lets everyone know during Today Show interview that HE was the victim in the whole Monica Lewinsky affair. His own little #MeToo moment.

And then Colbert gives him a opportunity for a "do-over" on the question.
    https://twitter.com/colbertlateshow/status/1004145300523618304

Another shining example of the "male feminist" in action.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  12. GreenLantern

Someone said that Bill Clinton paved the way for Donald Trump. I can understand why.
  13. Quentin Daniels

CAUSE
    A protest organized by the Fight for $15 campaign will be held Monday, Feb. 12, at the McDonald’s restaurant at 2810 S. Figueroa St. in University Park, with fast-food workers continuing their efforts to get the minimum wage raised to $15 and to promote union rights.
    http://www.laweekly.com/news/fight-for-15-continues-at-mcdonalds-on-monday-9153708

EFFECT
    McDonald's will roll out self-order kiosks to 1,000 stores every quarter for the next two years, according to CEO Steve Easterbrook.

The kiosks were already in roughly 3,500 US McDonald's restaurants as of March, or about one-fourth of its domestic stores. They will be in about half of US restaurants by the end of 2018 and in all stores by 2020.
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/venessawon...ts-restaurants?utm_term=.scYgglQ8v#.favvvAkqW
  14. Quentin Daniels

I would argue it was Obama.

The left encouraged him to rule through executive order and bypass the other branches of government.
    You shrugged when he investigated reporters.
    Didn't care when his Justice Dept. abused its power.
    And argued his associations didn't matter.

Obama himself made the point that the election was a referendum on his Presidency. Trump proved him right.

Unfortunately, right-wing populists have been no better than left-wing populists in upholding principles over politics.
  15. Quentin Daniels

A pair of boys took the top two positions in the Connecticut High Schools State Championship meet.

Yearwood won the Class M sprint titles last year; Miller competed on the boys’ team during the winter indoor season then joined the girls’ competition.
    --
    Terry Miller of Bulkeley, a transgender, won the events. In the 100 meter dash, the runner-up was Andraya Yearwood of Cromwell, also a transgender.

Asked about the two girls who worked for years who got knocked out of the finals by Miller and Yearwood and the two girls who finished seventh and eighth in the finals who were denied a chance to compete in the New England championships, CIAC executive director Karissa Niehoff said, “We do feel for them. Fully agree it doesn’t feel good. The optic isn’t good. But we really do have to look at the bigger issues that speak to civil rights and the fact this is high school sports.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/31605/watch-two-transgenders-blow-out-girls-state-meet-hank-berrien

The video of the girls' reaction at the end of the race, at least the ones lacking Y chromosomes and a cock, kind of says it all.
  16. JimP

JimP All-Conference

CNN and other "lamestream" media called Obama out. I imagine some right wing media is calling Trump out. Certainly not the right wing outlets that Trumpsters get their "news" though, Fox News and AM radio clowns.
  17. Walter

Walter All-American

18. Quentin Daniels

19. Quentin Daniels

20. phoenix-arizona

phoenix-arizona Starter

I don't know--Trump did get the United States the 2026 World Cup. It's because, like Kim Jong Un, ''He loves his people''.