Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

The Politics Board Lives (in this thread)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GreenLantern, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Quentin Daniels

Quentin Daniels All-American

Did Elizabeth Warren just suggest Kirsten Gillibrand is a slut?

Trying to make heads or tails of this one.

[​IMG]
  2. JimP

JimP All-Conference

I suspect there is more to the Franks story. If he did not resign, we'd know more of the important details.
  3. phoenix-arizona

phoenix-arizona Starter

Maybe it's the wine, but how is Warren calling or suggesting Gillibrand is a slut?
  4. GreenLantern

GreenLantern All-Conference

Alabama has restored my faith in humanity.
  5. Quentin Daniels

I thought the “slut-shaming” comment was really weird and completely out of left field.
    It’s typically used to defend someone whose been promiscuous or presenting themselves in the manner of someone who is.

Trump was typical asinine in his tweets but not getting the slut shaming comment at all. Seems like she brought it up unprompted.
  6. Quentin Daniels

How does someone as amazingly undeserving of the office, and obviously so, as Roy Moore still got that many votes?

Because voters know when they elect a Democrat to office - no matter how looney-tunes the other option is, he/she will likely support crap like this:

[​IMG]
  7. Quentin Daniels

8. JimP

JimP All-Conference

I guess the time is now for Republicans to stop pretending they care about deficits.
  9. Quentin Daniels

How come?
  10. JimP

JimP All-Conference

I don't believe the Republicans in Congress who say the crappy tax bill they pushed through to get a "win" is going to magically pay for itself. I believe those who say it's going to lead to a big increase in the deficit.
  11. Quentin Daniels

Yeah, that's what I thought.

That you don't get it.

Not taking as much of my money doesn't cause deficits. Spending my money which you don't have does.

Tax cuts aren't the problem. Overspending is. And neither party is doing much about that.
    Walter likes this.
  12. JimP

JimP All-Conference

It's more complicated than that. This country has obvious needs and a massive tax cut for those that don't need it is not going to help.

Look at the train derailment in Washington. The technology exists that would have prevented it. After derailments years ago railroads were told the life saving technology needed to be in place by 2015. Congress wouldn't provide the necessary funding though and we are where we're at. Trump has already done the railroads more favors while sacrificing safety.

Yeah - everyone is going to find something to be pissed about regarding taxes. I think our military spending is out of control. I'd like to see smarter spending - but this tax cut demonstrates f*cked up priorities.
  13. GreenLantern

They never cared about deficits in the first place. Its always been a convenient political excuse to block Dems and to cover their true mission of cutting tsx breaks for the wealthy and to gut Social security, medicare and the safety net for the poor
    JimP likes this.
  14. Quentin Daniels

You can't cut taxes for those who don't pay taxes. It's not possible. So 44% of Americans that pay no taxes are not able to get a tax break.

The top 20 percent, with incomes above $134,300, contribute nearly 84 percent of all federal income taxes.

Meanwhile, the vast majority of earners, those in the bottom 80 percent, pay about 15 percent, with the bottom 60 percent contributing 2 percent to federal income taxes.
  15. jmckend1

jmckend1 Starter

Tax bill passed. Obamacare will die on the vine. The shitting on Obama's legacy brings renewed joy as I celebrate the birth of my lord and saviour.
    Oh, and f*ck Obama. He was, and still is, a true piece of shit.
    couchcoach likes this.
  16. JimP

JimP All-Conference

I'd rather not receive the pittance I'll initially save in taxes and help pay for much needed infrastructure fixes in the USA. If I understand the bill correctly - I will be actually paying more in 2027 for the tax bracket I'm in. Meanwhile - the corporations and rich keep their tax cut.

Then I see some guy on CNN last night say it's class warfare if people point out that BS. The politicians who actually write the legislation that favors millionaires and billionaires aren't engaged in class warfare?
  17. jmckend1

jmckend1 Starter

As GDP grows, so will revenue. As the pool of available labor shrinks and more jobs are created, wages will rise, then so will asset prices and so will revenues. The effect of any tax increase in 10 years may simply help cool off a heated economy similar to when Clinton raised taxes as GDP was growing at a 4.6% rate. Growth will provide the revenue for an infrastructure package, and help solidify many of the dangerously underfunded pensions

Oh, and f*ck Obama
  18. GreenLantern

Supply side didn't work so well in the 80's. We'll see if conditions have changed that it could work nearly 40 years later.
  19. Quentin Daniels

I'd much rather not pay all the pork-barrel waste and provide for needed infrastructure changes AND keep my money.

It is nice to see lefties finally discover the deficit, however. After 8 years and $9 trillion added to the national debt w/out a peep, was starting to think they didn't care.
  20. jmckend1

jmckend1 Starter

It does work, it did work, and it will work. Those who choose to do nothing, will gain nothing.
    Walter likes this.