Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

The Politics Board Lives (in this thread)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GreenLantern, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

Phoenix: Don't worry about Pikapp. He's just a Trump apologist who has never said anything critical of conservatives. He's basically the Rush Limbaugh of masonhoops.com.

I wonder if the same level of support would be shown for Iowa, Wyoming, Kansas, West Virginia, or Indiana? Hmmm, what do those states have in common? Nevermind, I'm sure it's just coincidence.
  2. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

If we're going to cut anybody loose, I have a few states on the mainland I'd like to give away. Make it pure financial - if you get more in services than you pay in taxes you're out!
  3. Quentin Daniels

Quentin Daniels All-American

4. Quentin Daniels

No, he was also accused of rape. Of a 13 year old girl on the island of convicted pedophile Jeffery Epstein.

She ended up dropping the charges.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/donald-trump-rape-lawsuit-dropped-230770

Also the same pedophile island Bill Clinton would fly out to and accused of having sex with underage girls at.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/04/jeffrey-epstein-trump-lawsuit-sex-trafficking-237983
  5. Quentin Daniels

The liberal media buried the story for years. And when it broke, still didn't cover it. The WaPo didn't have a single story on it. They could have stopped the assault of these women years ago but turned a blind eye.

It wasn't until Weinstein stepped down and it was safe to cover that they call came out with "me to" articles.

When it required going up against Weinstein and Miramax, they kept their mouths shut. When a NYT reporter years ago tried to first report it, Matt Damon and Russell Crowe even showed up in the news room to convince the editors what a great guy Harvey Weinstein was.

SNL ran zero skits on it because it was a "New York thing" according to Lorne Michaels.

NBC News said it wasn't a news ready article and Ronan Farrow had to take it elsewhere.

As usual, you don't know sh!t about what you're talking about.
  6. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

One thing I've noticed on this board, is that us "lefties" like me, phoenix, and GL are not afraid to call out the DNC on foolish stuff. Quentin and Pikapp are not able to do that for their side. They just dig their heels in even further. The only conservative on here that stands out as being someone who is fair and hasn't drunk the kool-aid is Walter.

There are good conservatives. There are conservatives that believe in small government and less taxes. I'm still waiting for Pikapp or Quentin to say "you know, there are good liberals. We just disagree on policy." But that will never happen. "Liberals" are the devil to them.
  7. Jack Strop

Jack Strop Sixth Man

One of the main values of conservatism is conformity. This, combined with the inabiity, or perhaps staunch unwillingness, to think abstractly, renders most conservatives beyond hope. As conformists, the boat shall not be rocked. It's not within them to break away from their collective convictions. Therefore, to a conservative, anyone who does not conform is branded as an enemy.
  8. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

Hmmm, what's the difference?

[​IMG]
  9. JimP

JimP Starter

Hell - even Limbaugh criticized Trump today for meddling in the NFL owners affairs. Limbaugh types go nuts if government regulated anything that needs regulating - like big banks. Most people that aren't ideologues disagree with him on the banks, but at least he's being consistent.

Will Rush's dissent finally push Pikapp to utter a negative word about Trump? I kind of doubt it.
  10. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

Trump could wear VCU horns to the State of the Union and Pikapp would be like "what a great American!"

[​IMG]
    JimP likes this.
  11. Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8 Hall of Famer

No No - you know better than that. I would french kiss Hillary Clinton before I would go there.

Vurbel --- you have gone too far sir. Too far.

f*ck VCU -- may it burn to the ground and all its fans contract painful anal mites.
  12. Pikapppatri8

Rush was right - but only if he would force the NFL to do anything. He didn't critique his stance on the anthem and the flag. Because every conservative does not want the government interjecting itself into business - that is what liberals do.
  13. Pikapppatri8

Oh and it seems Weinstein had a policy in his contract that he couldn't get fired for sexual harassment ---- so the idea no one knew in Hollywood is bullshite. They supported this guy like every other liberal sexual predator.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...llowed-for-abuse-as-long-as-paid-damages.html

TMZ founder Harvey Levin provides insight on 'The Story.'

Harvey Weinstein's employment contract reportedly said that the movie mogul could treat someone “improperly” as long as he shelled out money for damages.

The disgraced studio head’s 2015 contract specified how he could violate The Weinstein Company’s “Code of Conduct” if he reimburses them for any settlements or judgements, according to TMZ.

“You [Weinstein] will pay the company liquidated damages of $250,000 for the first such instance, $500,000 for the second such instance, $750,000 for the third such instance, and $1,000,000 for each additional instance,” the contract states, according to the website.
  14. Pikapppatri8

I will admit this is a strange person from which to see some moral integrity.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ew-about-harvey-weinstein-and-kept-quiet.html

Actress Jane Fonda arrives at the 85th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California February 24, 2013. (Reuters)

Hollywood veteran Jane Fonda has revealed she learned of the allegations against mogul Harvey Weinstein a year ago — but said nothing.

Fonda, 79, made the admission in an interview on BBC World News HARDtalk, saying that she chose to keep quiet because “it didn’t happen to me”.

Asked by why there had been industry silence for so long about the shocking allegations of sexual harassment — many of which date back decades — Fonda explained.
  15. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

And while no one is looking ... this just in (from Washington Post)
    BREAKING: Resident Trump will end cost-sharing payments in the Affordable Care Act marketplaces that have helped lower-income consumers afford their health plans. The move, confirmed late Thursday by two people briefed on the decision, is likely to immediately threaten the marketplaces and could prompt insurers to withdraw. This story is developing.

And people wonder why Obamacare is failing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

[​IMG]

17. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

A man after my own heart!

18. Walter

Walter All-American

That is what binds us together; our love for George Mason basketball and our hatred of VCU. Politics should not divide us.
  19. Quentin Daniels

Remind me, which political party banned their own elected officials from speaking if they didn’t toe-the-line on abortion?

Which party’s chairman declared it a litmus test for support and funding?

Which party was the one that booed Boy Scouts carrying the flag at their convention?

And let’s not forget all the conservatives who scream down liberal speakers on campuses or do things like commit arson or attack attendees while wearing black masks.

But yes, by all means continue with your broad brush and simpleton statements.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 9:57 AM
  20. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

More proof Q can't criticize Republicans.