Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

The Politics Board Lives (in this thread)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GreenLantern, Mar 31, 2016.

1. JimP

JimP Starter

NY Times broke the story - so I am surprised you believe it. Where was your beloved Fox - why didn't they have the courage to break it if was so out in the open?

Has Trump tweeted today? It appears that is how you determine what story to believe or not, what story to follow or not.

"We fire and ditch these people" Get rid of Trump then. Isn't that Mark Sanford guy from SC still in politics? Affairs, lies, etc., yet he was reelected. The list goes on and on. Neither party is going win an award for sainthood, so it's a silly argument anyway.
  2. Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8 Hall of Famer

3. Pikapppatri8

Uhhh no -- the statement of the Secretary of Defense who was mentioned in the fake news story --- said it never happened. Since he is an honorable man with a track record of honesty and NBC is not --- I deem the story BS. Especially since NBC has not been able to corroborate or challenge the retort from Trump or Mattis.
  4. Pikapppatri8

And of course sanctimonious and condescending liberal Jimmy Kimmel has a history of being somewhat predatory.

link ==> https://www.mediaite.com/online/old...hats-in-his-pants-maybe-put-your-mouth-on-it/

"
    upload_2017-10-12_9-46-8.png

[​IMG]

Follow
    [​IMG]Austen Fletcher

✔@fleccas

More gems from #Kimmel.
    Here he has women feel his crotch to guess what he stuffed in his pants.
    KIMMEL: "You should put your mouth on it"

10:52 PM - Oct 10, 2017
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

In the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal, the skeletons in other celebrities’ closets have been coming out.

Twitter user Austen Fletcher shared an old clip of Jimmy Kimmel (from The Man Show) playing a game with women on the street where they had to guess what’s in his pants using their hands.
  5. Pikapppatri8

Another sanctimonious liberal actor who strangely criticized Trump of being a mysoginist for being insulting towards women actually seems to be guilty of multiple cases of sexual assault - you know actual actions vice words.

Whooops! #LiberalProgressiveMysoginy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2017/10/12/ben-affleck-dubbed-buttman-groping-allegations-emerge/

Ben Affleck has become the subject of shame and mockery after more allegations of groping emerged this week. Affleck, who is about to appear as Batman for the second time in DC's big-budget superhero film Justice League, has been called "Buttman" on social media since make-up artist Annamarie Tendler became the second woman to allege that he touched her.

Days after condemning the actions of his former colleague Harvey Weinstein, who has been accused of three incidents of rape and countless accounts of sexual assault of young female stars, Affleck publicly apologised for touching actress Hilarie Burton live on camera in 2003.

The apology came after Burton admitted that she had not forgotten the incident:

However, Burton's claim was followed up by Tendler, who explained that Affleck had touched her inappropriately during a Golden Globes party three years ago:
  6. Pikapppatri8

NY Times broke the story after squashing it in 2004. I am glad they came around -- but like Hillary Clinton and the Obama's --- a bit too late. Sorry you cannot hide the complicit behavior of the left and the media (same as left) enabling and supporting these monsters.

https://www.thewrap.com/media-enablers-harvey-weinstein-new-york-times/

"
    But I simply gagged when I read Jim Rutenberg’s sanctimonious piece on Saturday about the “media enablers” who kept this story from the public for decades.

“Until now,” he puffed, “no journalistic outfit had been able, or perhaps willing, to nail the details and hit publish.”

That’s right, Jim. No one — including The New York Times.

In 2004, I was still a fairly new reporter at The New York Times when I got the green light to look into oft-repeated allegations of sexual misconduct by Weinstein. It was believed that many occurred in Europe during festivals and other business trips there.

At the time, he denied that he was on the payroll to help Weinstein with favors. From the story: “Reached in Italy, Mr. Lombardo declined to comment on the circumstances of his leaving Miramax or Ricucci, saying they were legal matters being handled by lawyers. ‘I am very proud of what we achieved at Miramax here in Italy,’ he said of his work for the film company. ‘It cannot be that they hired me because I’m a friend.'”

I also tracked down a woman in London who had been paid off after an unwanted sexual encounter with Weinstein. She was terrified to speak because of her non-disclosure agreement, but at least we had evidence of a pay-off.

The story I reported never ran.

After intense pressure from Weinstein, which included having Matt Damon and Russell Crowe call me directly to vouch for Lombardo and unknown discussions well above my head at the Times, the story was gutted.

I was told at the time that Weinstein had visited the newsroom in person to make his displeasure known. I knew he was a major advertiser in the community and a powerful man. "
  7. Pikapppatri8

Matt Damon -- another outspoken and sanctimonious liberal always claiming Republicans are evil helped squash the story the NY Times spiked in 2004. More enabling by the left of sexual predators.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifesty...y-weinstein/2TDJnvLT0eDq9HhuvdmXjP/story.html

How did serial sexual harasser Harvey Weinstein get away with it for so long if his transgressions were hiding, as they apparently were, in plain sight? One answer seems to be that pretty much everyone in Hollywood looked the other way because Weinstein is, or at least was, one of the titans of Tinseltown and crossing him could put one’s career at risk.

Even Matt Damon is being accused of protecting Weinstein, who had produced “Good Will Hunting,” the 1997 film that earned Damon (inset) and Ben Affleck Academy Awards for original screenplay, and also Damon and Affleck’s reality TV series “Project Greenlight.”
  8. Pikapppatri8

Jim P Stated -- "We fire and ditch these people" Get rid of Trump then. Isn't that Mark Sanford guy from SC still in politics? Affairs, lies, etc., yet he was reelected. The list goes on and on. Neither party is going win an award for sainthood, so it's a silly argument anyway.

Ummm Trump isn't under investigation for rape or sexual assault. So no reason to get rid of a man trying to reverse the progressive liberal trend that has destroyed this nation. We need him where he is now.

Sanford was an adulterer -- which is wrong and in my mind amoral -- but it was consensual sex. Not illegal. His wife left him and for some reason the voters elected him back into office. Go ask them.

However, the difference is the left is littered with sexual criminals:

1.) Bill Clinton - boinking aid in office and multiple accusations of rape, assault, and known to get hookers
    2.) Weiner - well we all know about this dude -- in jail now.
    3.) Ted Kennedy
    4.) Weinstein
    5.) Polanski
    6.) Victor Salva -- self-Confessed child rapist who is a member in good standing with the Director's Guild
    7.) Eliot Spitzer -- hiring a prostitute is a crime
    8.) Congressman David Wu -- Underage girlfriend
    9.) Kwame Kilpatrick
    10.) John Edwards -- only and adulterer but did so on dying wife.
    11.) Neil Goldschmidt -- Affair with 14 year old girl
    12.) Mel Reynolds - Affair with 16 year old campaign staffer
    13.) Brock Adams - Dem Congressman who was accused of multiple rapes and sexual assaults in his office
    14.) Barney Frank - had male prostitute living with him and running business out of his home
    15.) Boston City Democrat Fred Richmond - Solicitied sex from 16 year old boy
  9. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

If we're going by mere accusations, so was Trump. What's your point?
  10. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

Nice try trying to get one liberal to represent all liberals. I guess you think one black person doing a crime represents all black people? Or one person killing 58 people represents all white men? Or one married man committing adultery representing all married man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

A bit late? Like coming out against white supremacist two days after the fact in Charlottesville in one day before defending them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Pikapppatri8

Trump was accused of dirty humor -- not rape. Big difference.
  13. Pikapppatri8

Two days versus 13 years.
    Just like you thinking all Republicans and conservatives are racist or hate the poor. Got it.

However in this case -its not just one liberal its an Army -- see my brief list pulled from memory -- and the coverup enabled by Hollywood and the media/news. Its a little more "entrenched" than you want to admit.
  14. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

15. Pikapppatri8

And this was proven false as the accuser recanted her story. Nice try mining the liberal fake news pile.

When this claim was investigated further.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pstein-sex-party-age-13-FABRICATED-story.html

The court papers offered no corroborative evidence that her claims were true. …

Thousands of loyal Hillary followers had opened discussion about the rape claims on Twitter and other social media networks hoping to damage Trump’s push for the White House. …

But DailyMail.com has been told that elements of what Johnson had claimed crumbled at the last minute.

Her claims today can be exposed as untruthful, the key fact being that Donald Trump was not involved whatsoever.

A source with knowledge of the controversial case told DailyMail.com: “Katie Johnson’s account had been believable and compelling right up until the last minute.

“But new information emerged that suggested she had not been telling the truth.

“Ultimately it was discovered that Donald Trump’s name had been inserted into this, he was not involved whatsoever. After that she had no credibility.”

The revelation slaps down any suggestion that Johnson dropped the case thanks to a secret financial settlement with Trump, as has been speculated on social media.

It also clears Trump of any hint of wrong doing in association with the lawsuit.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/11/report-w...p-of-rape-made-it-all-up/#CE7oc4tj1pdglJxq.99
  16. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

I've never said all Republicans are racists. They are not. Some are very fine and good people. They just supported a racist. That's all I've ever said. Big difference.

And people in Hollywood, outside of the Dodgeball guy, generally lean left. Doesn't give them any less or a right to share their views than you have.
  17. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

There was no evidence for BC, either. I'm just saying you need to be consistent. When you aren't you lose credibility. I'm trying to help you out. :)
  18. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

19. phoenix-arizona

phoenix-arizona Starter

''...We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. forever!''

Either treat PR as a part of the United States or just cut her loose and give her independence. Would you say this same thing about a state?
  20. Pikapppatri8

Comment without knowledge. He was commenting on reports and now a DOJ ivenstigation into local town regional administrators on the island withholding and in some cases stealing aid supplies once provided by the federal government.

There have been complaints from the island and on WAPA (check it out for some facts) that have indicated the same and the locals mayors and island based organizations either not doing anything or hamstringing federal efforts.

http://www.elvocero.com/ley-y-orden...cle_43be0028-aea7-11e7-8fc6-db236075e06a.html

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/12/f...rican-officials-withholding-hurricane-relief/

According to Osorio, there are claims that despite delivery of hurricane relief by FEMA, assisted by other federal officials like the FBIto town centers, for example, local officials will first distribute the relief to their political allies once federal officials leave the area.

“We’ll distribute the [goods and supplies] because we have to follow certain protocols, and that’s what [local officials] said they were doing, when they were waiting for federal officials to leave, and the allegations are they are handing [relief] out through back doors and stuff like that to their buddies,” Osorio stated.

Illinois Democratic Rep. Luis Gutierrez, when asked by The Daily Caller about the allegations being made about FEMA aid being withheld by local officials, responded, “I can only tell you that the governor [Ricardo Rosselló] is in charge. I’ve asked the federal officials. They keep saying under the Stafford Act the governor is in charge.”

Another member of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, New York Democratic Rep. Adriano Espaillat told TheDC, “Well, anybody that engages in that kind of action whether civilian or representative should be looked at seriously because that’s unforgivable.”

As of now, the FBI is aware of six municipalities among Puerto Rico’s 78 municipalities where such activity is allegedly happening. The U.S. federal prosecutor on the island, Rosa Emilia Rodriguez, announced on WAPA radio last Sunday she is looking into these claims and is ready to criminally prosecute any official who withholds relief.

Your post also seems to ignore the 30 billion in aid passed by Congress for Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. The 30 billion is the amount requested by Trump to support rebuilding efforts.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 6:11 PM