Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

The Politics Board Lives (in this thread)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GreenLantern, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

2. GreenLantern

GreenLantern All-Conference

Ain't that the truth.
  3. Walter

Walter All-American

The federal government does an okay job with basic science. However, its track record on nutrition has been embarrassingly bad. In fact, if someone had done the opposite of what the USDA has recommended over the years, they probably would have been healthier. If you flipped the food pyramid, it would be a better diet for most people.

[​IMG]
  4. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

"OK job" is being nice. Remember, they don't even believe the climate is changing.
  5. Walter

Walter All-American

Climate science is basically computer modeling. The models have not been very accurate.

The US has fallen behind the Chinese and the Europeans in supercomputing. No private company has seen the need for an exascale system. Therefore, government will have to fund the next generation of supercomputers or the US will fall further behind.
  6. Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8 Hall of Famer

We do believe the climate is changing - it always has. What we don't believe in is the unproven BS about and made climate change. All the evidence and predictions by their models have been proven false. ALL OF THEM. The whole concept of man made climate change has more attributes of faith than science.
  7. Pikapppatri8

8. JimP

JimP Starter

The "liberal" media has been all over the Weinstein story. Good. CNN, NBC, NPR, you name it. The hypocrisy lies with the Trump, O'Reilly and Ailes cheerleaders over at Breitbart, Fox etc. They are giddy now to be reporting about this Weinstein scumbag, but basically shrugged their shoulders when they had the opportunity to report about their own scum.
    GreenLantern and phoenix-arizona like this.
  9. phoenix-arizona

phoenix-arizona Starter

Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown
    JimP likes this.
  10. phoenix-arizona

phoenix-arizona Starter

I don't care but isn't this what the Girl Scouts are for ?
  11. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

You would think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

I thought NBC was fake news?

13. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

What are you talking about!?! Not even close to true! But the country has 100 problems and climate change is like #73 so I'm not going to freak out on it. Taking insurance away from 30million people? Yeah. But trying to convince people that science is real? I don't have the interest.

14. Pikapppatri8

Hahahah Oh My God Delusion thy name is Jim P --- The media is NOW on it - after they can't hide it (and ignore it in 2004). They all knew years ago and squelched stories for years to keep that liberal sexual deviant rapist (I repeat myself) from getting tarred and feathered.

NBC had the sting tape on him years ago and slept on it -- in that tape the fat liberal dirt bag admits to sexually assaulting the girl the night before but said "I won't do that again".

All of hollywood knew -- but turned a blind eye. The Democrat party policy is to enable sexual predators - Bill Clinton - Case in point. They all took money from this dirt bag while knowing he was a rapist and sexual letch like old Billy Boy.

The difference between conservatives is we fire and ditch these people ---- you try to get the deviants elected.

If you think the left is not hypocritical on this including their agents in the media - you are simply not in the real world.

1.) http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...spiked-harvey-weinstein-story/article/2637177

2.) http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2017/10/11/knew-along-hollywoods-in-jokes-harvey-weinstein/

3.) https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...e-mcgowan-asia-argento-ben-affleck/753087001/

4.) https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...onations-donald-ivanka-trump-harvey-weinstein

5.) http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...einstein-harassment-hypocrisy-1011-story.html
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 7:13 AM
  15. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
  16. Pikapppatri8

Well it does fabricate stories -- the most recent one being about Trump asking for 10 times increase in nuclear stockpile. Made up out of whole cloth.

And they are amoral hypocrites.
  17. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

18. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

So was NBC wrong here? Either they're hypocrites or not. It's not a deal of sometimes they are, and sometimes they aren't. Pick one.
  19. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

Dixon White speaking truth.

20. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer