Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

The Politics Board Lives (in this thread)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GreenLantern, Mar 31, 2016.

1. JimP

JimP Starter

You are full of generalities in assuming who does and doesn't qualify as a hero in the eyes of those who oppose Trump and what the right has become today. There are a lot more people who oppose him than just the anarchists, Lena Dunham, Rosie O' Donnell and whoever Breitbart wants you to focus on as the face of opposition to Trump.

I've actually heard Hannitty use the term "regular Americans" to describe himself and those who support Trump and the right. It's arrogant and predictable some on the right can categorize people so cavalierly. There are plenty of "regular Americans" who are appalled by Trump, including my elderly parents, who aren't Bradley Manning fans and have no idea who Oscar Lopez, Mumia Abu-Jamal and Colin Kaepernick are. Dave Paulsen himself is a Trump opponent, as has been documented by these boards. Go ahead , lump him into the unpatriotic American category - I dare you! Mason Nation won't stand for it!

Trump is the unqualified a**hole who is the most powerful person in the world right now. So - well duh, of course the focus is on him and not all the bogey men and women you mentioned.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  2. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

I will push back on two things:

1) It isn't fair to lump unqualified a**holes in with Trump. He is not a regular person. He has earned his own category.

2) He's not the most powerful person in the world, although he likes to think he is. He's the most powerful person in the country (although Mitch McConnell isn't far behind), but not the world.

But other than that, your post was dead on right!
  3. Quentin Daniels

Quentin Daniels All-Conference

Well I was speaking in generalities....so ummmmm.....yeah.....

Hmmm...can we go back to that full of generalities thing again there Mr. Kettle.

Cool story Bro. Sounds like you've spent more time listening to and worrying about Hannity than I have or ever will.

So you're saying they'll sit down then? That's cool too.
    (I picture you angrily typing a "#RESIST" tweet after saying this.)

He sure is. It's a shame that the left wing media thought by giving him the billions in free media coverage they could throw the election to Hillary by helping Trump get the nomination.

[​IMG]
  4. JimP

JimP Starter

LOL. Yep - the "left wing media" wanted Trump to win the nomination. Conspiracy much? I will concur that media in general gave this clown way too much attention. 'Cause us suckers were watching the spectacle. They are called ratings and they drive what we see.
  5. Quentin Daniels

Yes, a pure coincidence the "Grab her right in the pu$$y video" came out the day before the third debate.

Also, why "left wing media" in scare quotes. I mean come on, 96% of political contributions going to the left not a strong enough indicator for you?
  6. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

For those keeping score, the GOP has the WH, the SCOTUS, House, Senate, 80% of governors, and countless state senates and local officials. If there is a left wing media conspiracy to get liberals elected they sure are doing an awful job. Maybe some conservatives are just snowflakes and are too sensitive.
  7. JimP

JimP Starter

Yep - if you want to play the conspiracy theory game than Comey was in the tank for Trump when he declared Clinton's investigation open again just days before the election. That is what most likely swung the election - she went from up 6 to up 3 percent in the polls. (Comey obviously just made a terrible decision)
  8. Quentin Daniels

Yeah, probably that and not being a crap candidate who didn't visit Wisconsin, kept an insecure server in her closet to send secure documents and was fed debate questions in advance by CNN.

That's probably it.
  9. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

. I guess by your logic if a man beats his wife the woman should just shrug her shoulders and say "he is what he is" and not address it. And their friends, who know better, shouldn't make excuses for his behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JimP likes this.
  10. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

White privilege is marching on the lawn with tiki torches without being arrested or having fire hoses turned on you.

11. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

Let's see. For those keeping score of the reality TV star we have:

- flirting with nuclear war
    - repealing Obamacare failure
    - nothing done on taxes
    - nothing done on infrastructure
    - refusal to be tough on Russia
    - refusal to condemn the KKK
    - under FBI investigation
    - birtherism
    - wanting to ban transgender from serving the country
    - making America the laughingstock of the world
    - saying Obama founded Isis
    - claiming Obama wiretapped him
    - giving classified information to Russians in a private meeting in the WH
    - banning cameras from press conferences, thus infringing on the press reporting to the public
    - claiming having the largest inauguration crowd in history
    - tweeting policy on an insecure platform
    - having his staff talk about what a "blessing" it is to work for him for the cameras
    - lacking the people skills to work with Mitch, Murkowski, Democrats, Republicans, Congress, McMaster, Comey, and every international ally
    - inability to take responsibility for anything like a 4 year old does
    - bragging about sexually assaulting married women
    - calling to ban Muslims from entering the country
    - Judge Curiel (remember him?)
    - taking more vacation than any president in recent history
    - The 8000 things I'm forgetting

But yes, where the losing candidate campaigned for an election 8 months ago is what is important.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  12. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

[​IMG]

13. GreenLantern

GreenLantern All-Conference

Trump's failure to condemn the White supremacists or the individual who plowed his car and to a crowd of counter-protesters only cements that he's in bed with those who provoked the sort of violence we saw today.
  14. phoenix-arizona

phoenix-arizona Starter

Trump probably isn't a white supremacist, or even a sympathetier. He just knows they're a voting block he can count on. He just loves himself and he's his own god .

The popular white supremacist site Daily Stormer called Trump’s remarks “really good,” noting that he “didn’t attack us.” They were also pleased he ignored a question about white supremacists after making his statement.

Trump comments were good. He didn’t attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us.

He said that we need to study why people are so angry, and implied that there was hate… on both sides!

So he implied the antifa are haters.

There was virtually no counter-signaling of us at all.

He said he loves us all.

Also refused to answer a question about White Nationalists supporting him.

No condemnation at all.

When asked to condemn, he just walked out of the room.

Really, really good.

God bless him.

Some commentators on the white nationalist message board Stormfront also praised Trump, with one noting that the president’s comments could just as easily be read as a criticism of Black Lives Matter.

https://thinkprogress.org/white-sup...nse-to-charlottesville-violence-3d0d50196c52/
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  15. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

Nobody is trying to legislate away their right to marry.
    Nobody is trying to make them buy insurance to pay for 'male health care.'

The law never:
    Enslaved their great-grandparents
    Robbed their grandparents
    Imprisoned their parents
    Shot them when unarmed

There is no massive effort at the state and local level to disenfranchise them of the vote.
    There is no history of centuries of bad science devoted to 'proving' their intellectual inferiority.
    There is no travel ban on them because of their religion.
    There is no danger for them when they carry dangerous weaponry publicly.
    Their churches were never burned.
    Their lawns never decorated with burning crosses
    Their ancestors never hung from trees
    Their mothers aren't being torn away by ICE troopers and sent away forever. They won't be forced to leave the only country they ever knew.
    The president has not set up a hotline to report crime committed at their hands.

They are chanting 'we will not be replaced.'
    Replaced as ... what?
    I'll tell you.

Replaced as the only voice in public discussions.
    Replaced as the only bodies in the public arena.
    Replaced as the only life that matters.

THIS is 'white people' oppression:
    We used to be the only voice. Now we hold the only microphone.

THIS is 'white man' oppression.
    We face criticism now. We were free from it, because others feared the consequences.

THIS is 'oppression' of white Christians in this country.
    Christmas used to be the only holiday acknowledged, now it's not.

I would so love to see these people get all the oppression they insist they receive, just for a year. Just to see.

Give them a world where you ACTUALLY can't say Christmas.
    A world where the name "Geoff" on a resume puts it in the trash.

Give them a world where they suddenly get a 20% pay cut, and then 70 women every day tell them to smile more.

Give them a world where their polo shirt makes people nervous, so they're kicked off the flight from Pittsburgh to Indianapolis.

Give them a world where they inherited nothing but a very real understanding of what oppression really f*cking is.

Give them a world where if they pulled up on a campus with torches lit and started throwing hands, the cops would punch their eyes out.

Put THAT in your Tiki torches and light it.

16. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

That would take, as Bill Raftery would say, onions!

Draft Dodger in Chief isn't strong enough to face confrontation. Actually, he isn't even confronting them, he's just saying he doesn't condone Nazis behind a microphone. And he's not even tough enough to be able to do that. Man up, snowflake.

17. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

From white supremacist site the dailystormer.com.
    [​IMG]
  18. Quentin Daniels

I thought political commentator (& my former neighbor) David French made a great point.

Trump is very, very specific when he wants to condemn someone - ask the Khans, Judge Curiel, Comey, his AG - his vagueness has a purpose.
    https://twitter.com/davidafrench/status/896462423275823109

It was bull$hit cowardice when Obama refused to identify Islamist terrorism for what it was at Ft. Hood & denied the victims Purple Hearts & benefits. It's bull$hit cowardice when Trump refuses to call out white supremacist NAZIs today.
  19. phoenix-arizona

phoenix-arizona Starter

20. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

I take issue with some of that, but the bigger part of what you are saying is right on. You are saying everybody should be held to the same standard. Novel concept.

I'm just glad there were only 3 people killed and 35 injuries yesterday. Imagine how bad it would have been if somebody did something violent like kneeling.

[​IMG]