Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Poll: Dave Paulsen confidence poll

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by mkaufman1, Feb 13, 2020 at 7:57 AM.

?

After the win at VCU

Poll closed Saturday at 7:57 AM.
  1. I'm still cool with getting rid of Dave after this season

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  2. 1 more year and its a hot seat year

20 vote(s)
    48.8%
  3. Extend Dave for another 2 years and give him more time.

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

Want to see what everyone is thinking...
  2. p8triotfan4life

p8triotfan4life Starter

Matt, this thread is poll is dumb and very ill timed and classless, you should delete it.
  3. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

thanks for the feedback, I do it for a snapshot in time so that we can make new polls periodically.
  4. p8triotfan4life

p8triotfan4life Starter

a better poll would be, who has had a more dissapointing season, VCU (a pre-season top 25 team with immense amounts of talent including several 4-star Top 100 caliber recruits) or GMU (preseason picked 9th in A10 despite having 3 scholarship players out for the year due to injury)?
    jessej likes this.
  5. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY All-American

He does have a much better winning percentage than Larranaga at VCU...so I say extend!

Though anything L is a pretty low bar, IMO
  6. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

Except for that number of NCAA appearances.
  7. Herndon

Herndon Starter

Lets see where we are at the end of the season. Over-reacting to wins and losses midseason is how fans drive themselves crazy.
    psyclone, tblack33 and gmujim92 like this.
  8. PoorManProfit

PoorManProfit Starter

He still sucks. Fire him.
  9. patriot2000

patriot2000 Starter

I think the point of the poll is to compare the early season results, to the high after a big win, to the end of the season (when I'm sure he will post a new poll). It's an interesting "experiment" and is not classless or gross or anything. Watching the line graph of fan satisfaction is interesting (and telling. And often sad).
    mkaufman1, Herndon and tblack33 like this.
  10. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

Even on the high of last night, I still don't think he's our guy for the long term. I'm on the get rid of him this off season side but I also understand that it's not going to happen. Only thing that would change my mind after seeing 5 years as his body of work would be a tournament appearance, and even then it depends on how we get the birth. At large or did we just get hot and upset alot of teams in Brooklyn.
  11. patriot2000

patriot2000 Starter

Even if you don't think that warrants an extension (I don't), it should grant him next year. Getting that hot, at that time, in that environment, as good as the league is this year... That's not a coincidence or luck. That gets my attention enough to be excited to see what happens next year. Also, a tourney birth boosts his recruiting and can convince potential transfers to stay, however temporary. Gotta see what happens next.

Edit: I see you were talking about NEXT year, and I was addressing this year. Even so, it would be hard to fire a coach after a run from PIG to A10 champ unless the rest of the season was ABYSMAL. Like, much worse than this year. I know from the business side, granting him one more year after next season is hard. But as an ignorant fan, that's what I would want to see.
  12. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

Yeah I should have clarified, I meant if we got a birth next year. Even though I'd like to see him gone this season I've pretty much accepted that it's not going to happen.

Would be very stoked for any kind of post season play this year. Would be a good year to take some CBI games since apparently everyone is coming back.
    patriot2000 likes this.
  13. Herndon

Herndon Starter

Yeah, I wasn't coming down on him for posting the poll, I mean, I voted in it, LOL that would be pretty hypocritical :)

I was more saying we fans shouldn't be too down after a loss or too up after a win.

Frankly, I'm of the opinion that we shouldn't be too down after a bad season or too up after a good season.

That said, understand that I take a longer view than many on this board
    patriot2000 likes this.
  14. patriot2000

patriot2000 Starter

I was realizing this and editing my post as you responded ;)
  15. Herndon

Herndon Starter

Also, referring to tournament berths as tournament births makes this thread much funnier, and slightly creepier ;)
  16. patriot2000

patriot2000 Starter

Is a tournament birth when a tournament is born, or is it the birth of a child AT a tournament?
  17. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

If you have to ask you can't afford it.
    patriot2000 likes this.
  18. KAOriginal

KAOriginal All-Conference

It's like being married for a few years....the kids take precedence and she's always got something to do from her "running the house list." You are just the grass mower and garbage remover.

One night...she's had an extra glass of wine and the kids are gone. You get anal.

But then everything goes back to like it is every other day.

I say....nice win...but still time to move on.
    Herndon likes this.
  19. Leesburg Chankenstank III

Leesburg Chankenstank III All-American

The correct term is "Berth" not birth. NCAA Tournamment Berth
  20. Herndon

Herndon Starter

I don't think I agree, but this is a reasonable take.

One or two games, one way or the other, shouldn't change people's opinions.
    gmujim92 likes this.