Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Pick your sports road trip...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GMU92, Oct 12, 2015.

1. GMU92

GMU92 Starter

You have one or two sports road trips to take this year, anywhere in the world...what do you choose?

I'll start.

Arsenal Gunners at home in North London against any top caliber opponent.
    Washington Caps vs. Les Habs in Montreal.

Your turn...
  2. phoenix-arizona

phoenix-arizona Starter

Down to Mexico City to see Pumas. Travel with the Spurs fans to anywhere in England.
  3. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

If the All Blacks are in the finals: the Rugby World Cup final in London.

The second, Liverpool vs. Manchester United (because I have two cousins who are sisters and they both married Brits, one from Liverpool the other from Manchester, and I'd love to be in the stands with them when the two teams meet once in my life) -- looks like the next time they meet its January 16, 2016 at Anfield Stadium.
    Old Man likes this.
  4. PoorManProfit

PoorManProfit Starter

A one-way ticket to the panties of Alex Morgan, preferably after a game on a hot day. AlexMorgan-Hot.jpg
  5. phoenix-arizona

phoenix-arizona Starter

I'd like to do a trip from Memphis down to Oxford to catch an Ole Miss game (mostly for the tailgating and the ladies in sun-dresses).
  6. GMU92

GMU92 Starter

I still kick myself for not going to the Mason-Ole Miss basketball game in 2001 in Oxford where Mason snapped the home non-conference unbeaten streak for the Rebels. (71-70 win)
    phoenix-arizona likes this.
  7. GMU92

GMU92 Starter

U.S. WNT has an entire season's worth of honies on their roster.
  8. Patriot Lawdog

Patriot Lawdog Starter

I did your 2nd option last January. Awesome time!!! I highly recommend. It was the coldest place I've ever been, but plenty of things to do to warm up!!!
  9. GMU92

GMU92 Starter

I'm jealous bro, that's awesome!
    This really is a bucket list item for me, so I'll have to start making plans. My family has a "whatever" reaction when I bring it up, but I'll have to tell them of the cool stuff to see in Montreal.
    Where did you go, and what would you highlight?
  10. Patriot Lawdog

Patriot Lawdog Starter

Well, mine was more of a guys trip, so we took in a good amount of the bars on Crescent Street and some other "scenery" after that....Had some awesome dinners in Old Montreal. To say the food was good would be a huge understatement.

People were actually very nice and I was surprised how fast people went from speaking perfect English with no accent to speaking French a sentence later. Our favorite place was probably the Peel Pub. Awesome sports bar with crazy drink specials and the largest pitchers of beer you'll ever see. The pitcher was literally the size of an industrial bucket. All of the places I mentioned were within walking distance (including the Bell Centre), but depending on how much cold we wanted to endure we would take a cab. Great time to plan and go as the dollar is so strong right now you can get awesome bang for your buck.
  11. Joe Shannon

Joe Shannon Starter

Had my first ever Poutine at the Peel Pub!
  12. Walter

Walter All-American