Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Nyla Milleson

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Pablo, Dec 7, 2020.

1. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Oh no she’s been toast
  2. By George.

By George. Starter

Mason is about to have 2 lame duck basketball coaches in 2 years. Feel free to panic.
    DJ3 likes this.
  3. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Is this a lameduck year for Milleson? If so, maybe Edwards wants to rethink that strategy given what the women's team is going through right now. Tough to be motivated to play when your coach is out the door.
  4. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY Hall of Famer

Mason was up 11 late and then LaSalle went on an 18-0 run to end the game...

Wow
  5. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

This should be the final year of a 3-year contract extension.
  6. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Yes and yes
  7. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

[​IMG]

Daniel Frank

@n1a2v3y4

·
    4h

Final | La Salle 56 Mason 49. After trailing by 11 in the fourth La Salle closed the game on a 18-0 run, as the Patriots did not score the last 6:51 of the game. An absolutely gut wrenching loss for George Mason. #GetPatriotic#A10WBB
  8. gmubrian

gmubrian Starter

What is the incentive to pay out Milleson's contract early? We could be the best program in the A10 and not raise revenue by more than a couple hundred bucks a year. Women's basketball is, essentially, a cost to have a Men's basketball team. So there is really no reason to spend extra money unnecessarily on that team to try to make them better sooner. Try to make them better, yes, but not buy spending more money than you have to.

Not that Brad won't do the same to Paulsen, but I wouldn't assume that the decision making on Men's and Women's basketball has the same logic behind it.
    sleeperpick, tblack33 and gmujim92 like this.
  9. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Well, reports from Petey and By George both say right now Paulsen is likely to be lameducked. I’m just cautioning about that approach.
  10. gmubrian

gmubrian Starter

I wasn't disagreeing with you, it is a potentially good argument against lame ducking, I was just going on a tangent from your comment to point out that the same logic might not apply to Men's and Women's financial decisions. I would not be surprised if Brad lame ducked Paulsen, but for slightly different reasons.
  11. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Can’t see how anyone would think it’s the right move to give the coach of your lone revenue-generating sport the ultimate vote of no confidence. But it’s Mason so anything can happen.
    Bricker and gmubrian like this.
  12. Mason32

Mason32 Starter

that was before new president
  13. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

Said this for a long time. BE needs to go!
  14. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

They do amazing work! But this is one the time I think they are wrong.
  15. By George.

By George. Starter

DP is more likely to get an extension than be fired. We could clearly be wrong, but our sources say he’ll be back. No consideration of firing Brad at this point.
  16. bravesfan

bravesfan Sixth Man

If this is the case, I might as well just start donating to the School of Engineering.
    gmujim92 and jessej like this.
  17. JPgmuswim

JPgmuswim Starter

I don’t even understand how that can be considered, maybe they are enjoying the feel of an empty arena this year too much and want more.
    gmujim92, sleeperpick and mkaufman1 like this.
  18. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

Surely they aren't going to indicate anything at this early stage but things could have changed since what, june, when y'all asked probably? God knows everyone has to be paying attention at what is going on currently?
    DJ3, mkaufman1 and By George. like this.
  19. By George.

By George. Starter

Herndon is absolutely right, I may hate it but he’s right. DP is average, we pay for and shoot for average. We are an average product from top down. I know Brad likes DP, he thinks he can win with him and I know A10 coaches respect DP. We can’t fire him during a pandemic, so what are the options? We talk to people and from everything I’ve heard, he won’t be fired. Things could change, I could be wrong but I’d bet $300 right NOW, he’ll be our coach next season.

- Bryan
  20. Bricker

Bricker Starter

I hate this but it feels spot on. Damn.