Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Next Up: At St. Bonaventure (5-3), Saturday, Feb. 1., at 4PM.

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Patriotsince81, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81 All-Conference

The game is not on TV according to Go Mason. If anyone has a link for streaming, etc., please share.
    You can listen here if you are a masochist: https://gomason.com/watch/?Live=292&type=Live

The Bonnies have wins over GW, GMU, Fordham (twice), and UMass. Losses are against VCU, Dayton, and Rhode Island.

St. Bonaventure won the first match-up of the year 61 - 49 in Fairfax. We shot 38% from the field and 42.9% from the charity stripe. AJ and Kier led us with 11 points each. Lofton led the Bonnies with 17. They out-rebounded us 44 - 24. Nope, not a typo. They killed us on the glass.

Stats from the first game: https://gomason.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2019-20/st-bonaventure/boxscore/10540

DP is 1 - 6 against St. Bonaventure, including tournament play.

Schedule - https://gobonnies.sbu.edu/sports/m-baskbl/2019-20/schedule
    Roster - https://gobonnies.sbu.edu/sports/m-baskbl/2019-20/roster
    Stats - https://gobonnies.sbu.edu/sports/m-baskbl/2019-20/files/SBU_Stats_12520.pdf

My prediction: Another loss which will drop us to 2 - 7 in A10 play. St. Bonaventure 74 - GMU 60.

Discuss or not, optimism about any success is pretty much gone.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  2. Five Two

Five Two All-Conference

Stadium and MASN will be airing the game. And if you are like me (no Stadium or MASN available) use the Pluto app on Roku
  3. patriot2000

patriot2000 Starter

Stadium has a free app you can watch on any device. I watched last night's stadium game on a Roku TV and on a Fire stick TV, which I have done for several of our GW games.
    Five Two likes this.
  4. mason lawyer

mason lawyer Sixth Man

Mason loses by 15. Paulsen apologist trolls say give him another year. Same old story.
    DJ3 likes this.
  5. gmubrian

gmubrian Starter

I am going with patterns on this one. Since starting conference play, we have lost 2 in a row and then won 1. We have just lost 2 in a row, so it is time to win one. Our first win was 76-63. Our next win was 73-63. Following a loose pattern, I predict we win 70-63. Bet the 401k on it.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    jessej and Patriotsince81 like this.
  6. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

Need a win, but I don’t see it coming at Bonaventure. Paulsen always gets worked by Schmidt at this point.

Bonaventure 75
    Mason 60
    jessej likes this.
  7. sleeperpick

sleeperpick All-American

Is OSUN back from being injured?
  8. mkaufman1

Good question. If he plays Bonaventure is a lot better.
  9. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Yes he is.
  10. sleeperpick

sleeperpick All-American

not great news
  11. GMUYoda

GMUYoda Starter

Mason hangs around for a lil while... then decides to play terrible defense in the 2nd half and the Bonnies run away with it.

Mason 58
    Bonaventure 74
    GMUgemini likes this.
  12. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

That sounds about right. It will most likely start at the end of the first half.
  13. Leesburg Chankenstank III

Leesburg Chankenstank III All-American

Mason will win tomorrow. It will give us a slight hope that DP has figured things out and then we will lose 10 in a row.

Season will end after a first round loss in the PIG. AJ transfers, Greene transfers. China claims US/Japan is behind the Coronavirus outbreak, launches biological warfare against all of its enemies, the world responds militarily.

China is backed into a corner and launches all of its nukes, the world responds accordingly. GMUJim is one of only a handful of humans that survive this ordeal as the cloud of his pro Paulsen delusion protects him from radiation fallout and ultimatley gets the last laugh on all of us.

Jim becomes emperor of this post-apocalyptic world. Goes on to repopulate the earth creating a race of people who develop a culture of slow moving, unimaginative offensive basketball skill sets. He calls this new world ...... Paulsenstan.
  14. patriot2000

patriot2000 Starter

Is anyone else, including Jim himself, willing to admit that his "Pro-Paulsen delusion" has been quite tempered over the last week, and seems less delusional and more optimism/hope/choosing-the- known-over-the-unknown? Chank may need to find a different post-apocalytic emperor
    tblack33 likes this.
  15. mkaufman1

I’m definitely in the “this year sucks, next year is everything and I have hope but doubts” boat.
    gmubrian, mason89 and patriot2000 like this.
  16. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

But what about their nipples?
  17. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

Its only "everything" if eveyone returns and only jds leaves. Not sure this excuse stands up without Boyd, Keir, Aj back. Otherwise, its basically 2 steps back. And how do u fit everyone on roster with 3 new guys signed.
  18. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Hall of Famer

Us - Who cares
    Them - Who cares
    OT
    mkaufman1, gmubrian, GMUYoda and 2 others like this.
  19. GMU1983

GMU1983 Sixth Man

Yes if JDS leaves only one opening for boyd/Kier unless AJ grad transfers
  20. mkaufman1

doesn’t matter who’s on the team to me, next year is still a get it done year or else.
    GMUgemini likes this.