Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Mt. Clutchmore

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by dr. gunnie, Jan 23, 2019.

1. patriot2000

patriot2000 Starter

I have a legitimately awesome Mason room in my basement and really want one of these. I live 3 hours away and my son is involved in two youth sports that day. Who wants to help a Mason brother out?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    smccart5 likes this.
  2. MasonSAE4

MasonSAE4 All-Conference

I’ll see if I can’t snag an extra and send it your way.
    patriot2000 likes this.
  3. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

If you email someone in the athletic dept I’m sure they can help out. They are usually pretty good about that stuff.
  4. patriot2000

patriot2000 Starter

Thanks for the tip

5. patriotchild

patriotchild Starter

Does anyone know why they don’t give out the promotion items at the south entrance? I’ve only snagged the promotions by chance going in a different door.

Also, when where they giving out the trading cards? I randomly got some last game and gave them to my son, but he was dismayed there was no Otis.
  6. The Great PATSby

The Great PATSby Starter

I would bet they mainly do general giveaways at the North entrance bc they don’t want confusion with the student giveaways at the south entrance. That’s just my guess.

I have an extra unopened pack that contains an Otis. PM me an address and I’ll send you it.
  7. psyclone

psyclone All-American

???? The student entrance IS the North entrance, not the South. The entrance near the ticket office is the West entrance and they were handing out the trading cards there. Don't know about whether they were doing that elsewhere.
  8. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Hall of Famer

The south entrance was giving out trading cards too. Whether one entrance had more than others is anyone's guess.
  9. TweederGMU

TweederGMU Starter

I think T Price hit one back in the early 2000s. Have no idea against who though. Vaguely remember him getting mugged on the court at the end by his teammates and thinking please don't squish him...we need him.
    MasonFanatic and JPgmuswim like this.
  10. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

Boyd’s put-back was not a buzzer beater but it certainly was a clutch!
  11. GMUSig03

GMUSig03 All-Conference

12. psyclone

psyclone All-American

13. smccart5

smccart5 Starter

I'm 4 hrs away and pretty much only make it to the homecoming game every year (until we make the NCAAs again!), so will be tough for me to get this but I want one! I want to build on the mason section in my basement with this little gem. Right now I have a signed poster from Larranaga that my wife had him sign for me when I graduated, and a 2008 CAA Tourny champ tshirt signed by the whole team and coach L
  14. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

If you want this mount clutchmore item I'd say call the athletic office and see if they can send you one. They have never told anyone I know "no" for the most part especially if you are a donor of any kind (even $10)

BTW Not sure where you live (assuming nj or nyc somewhere), but you should come to the watch party in the city for the vcu game.

#cheapplug
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    smccart5 likes this.
  15. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Hall of Famer

Something Mason did a few years ago was put "tickets" in the season ticket package for the giveaways, so you don't have to be the first one there to get it. Tomorrow's game is no exception. I wouldn't be surprised if extras popped up because not all the season ticket holders show up to the game.

I think what @mkaufman said is a good idea too.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    smccart5 likes this.
  16. MasonFanatic

MasonFanatic All-Conference

If anyone's still looking for a Mt. Clutchmore, I have an extra. Message me.
  17. MasonSAE4

MasonSAE4 All-Conference

If anyone's desperate, there's on on Ebay for $45.
  18. GMUNats31

GMUNats31 Recruit

I have an extra one, and an extra scarf from earlier in the year. Would be willing to trade both for another mason item/giveaway from years past. This is my first year as a season ticket holder so chances are I won’t have what you have to offer.
  19. patriot2000

patriot2000 Starter

Got mine, thanks to our old friend TSG!

MasonFanatic and mkaufman1 like this.