Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

It's Time

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Patriotsince81, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81 All-Conference

To step up and support Brion's Grille. Brion's is a local business that has been there through thick and thin for GMU. I know Brion has given GMU all the support possible over the years from feeding the team to running the Gold/Green room and donating tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars to the program. Well, it's time to give back and support Brion's Grille. When you feel comfortable head out to the patio or inside and support a local/family owned business.

I am in no way associated with Brion's, those who know me can testify to that fact. It's simply time to take care of one of our own during tough times.
  2. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

Completely agree and thanks for posting.

Although I'm not sure how much we can believe you about not being associated with Brion's. That stool at the bar in the corner might say otherwise :chuckle::cigar:
    sleeperpick and Patriotsince81 like this.
  3. masonjoe

masonjoe Starter

Is it in danger of closing?
  4. sleeperpick

sleeperpick All-American

idk if it's up to that point but Brion and staff took this COVID especially hard and could use our assistance and support right now. I got the takeout fried chicken over COVID and it was great. next time I am in Fairfax I will stop by.
  5. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

Stopped by when patios opened up a couple of weeks ago, will have to come back through this weekend. Like @Patriotsince81 said, it's important for us to support the local businesses that support the team. I'd imagine that the local business sponsors donate more time/money/product to the program than any single individual on this board on a yearly basis, but most don't do it out of the goodness in their heart, and if it comes time to tighten the budget I bet that those donations would be the first to go. So go eat a burger at Brions or two or three, I've seen some of you I know you can take them down (and don't just go on half price night). Go eat at 29 Diner too, owner there supports multiple Mason sports including basketball, and numerous student orgs including ROTC.
  6. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY All-American

I don't ask for specifics when I'm there but its clearly been a very hard time for Brion and I look on it almost as a obligation to support his restaurant any way I possibly can.

Some of the other establishments in that same mall have never contributed a dime to Mason, whereas Brion's is...the opposite.
  7. XTSG

XTSG Preferred Walk-On

I feel the same way. That is one of the reasons I never patronized Oh George. I'm extremely loyal to Brion.
  8. mkaufman1

It's a shame all the eateries across the street from Mason don't give a dime to the school (or athletics). Whenever I am in town I always make sure to head to Brion's over Oh George since I know they continue to give to Mason athletics. I'm pretty sure at least one of the places has ties to Mason too.
  9. sleeperpick

sleeperpick All-American

yea its the sandwich place (has changed names like 10 times it seems) that donates. I think all of Mason fans need to appreciate Brion and his employees for what they do for Mason basketball and Mason in general. As all of the other fun sports bars from my days have ceased to exist (Hardtimes, Buffalo Wing University etc) Brion's stays in business and we need to keep it that way. F Oh George and their $15 shitty apps.
  10. mkaufman1

Oh yeah forgot about them. Used to be Elie's Deli back when I was in school haha. But yeah, theres other places that should donate. We know Oh George doesn't but others probably can.