Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Ian Boyd commits to Mason

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Washingtonian, Oct 6, 2015.

1. sleeperpick

sleeperpick Hall of Famer

And I agree with you that it changed in the 11th hour from what I knew but bottomline we were dead wrong.
    mkaufman1 and gmujim92 like this.
  2. tblack33

tblack33 All-Conference

If all of those guys leave then we have bigger problems with the program then we are seeing. We’re getting close to the point where more of Paulsens recruits have transferred before their junior year than have stayed.
    jessej likes this.
  3. sleeperpick

Kinda the scope of college basketball these days. I 100% think Paulsen is a shitty coach and recruiter but I think this is kinda normal at this point. Paulsen definitely has more transfers than average I would think but not much. Witchita st and it’s coach that is 500x better than ours just had his whole team transfer out lol
  4. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

The looming change in transfer eligibility rules has changed the game for every program. Guys are leaving now who wouldn’t have otherwise because they can be eligible to play immediately somewhere else.
  5. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

Kids dont always leave. They are forced out by over recruitment. Sadly, this could be the case for Hartwell and Daddy. Mar needs a medical RS to heal his offensive game bc it was offensive to watch. Lol
    sleeperpick likes this.
  6. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

And barring injury we return a very deep and experienced rotation ... some guys might want to go somewhere they can play instead of sitting and watching.
    jessej likes this.
  7. sleeperpick

If Paulsen truly thinks he overrecruited hartwell with kolek he will be sadly mistaken. Hartwell could be a big tool of ours next year and I hope these rumors of him leaving are unfounded
  8. FreeGunston12

FreeGunston12 Starter

I've had my eye on Hartwell. With the freshmen coming in, XJ's play this year, Ian coming back, Javon playing well in limited minutes at the 1, I think Hartwell may be a transfer candidate.

No sources, pure speculation.
    JPgmuswim likes this.
  9. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Nobody is forcing them out. It’s the coaching staff’s job to bring in better players — if that is happening and guys think they need to leave for better opportunities, so be it.
    Dawgs99 likes this.
  10. sleeperpick

Jds twitter and instagram posts definitely alluded that the decision may not have truly been his
  11. FreeGunston12

FreeGunston12 Starter

Disagree. Of all the members on our team, I think we're best prepared to handle a Hartwell transfer.
  12. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Think Polite, sleeper. He doesn’t shoot the 3 as well as Jamal right now but he brings length and explosiveness Jamal just doesn’t have.
  13. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Wasn’t referring to him.
  14. tblack33

tblack33 All-Conference

If the staff thinks that any of our incoming freshman will be better next season as a backup PG than hartwell then idk what to tell them. Kid has proven he can play at this level. We will be in a bad spot if he leaves.

This is like a bad dream of a self fulfilling prophecy where year in year out we tell everyone oh we’re the youngest team in the conference!
    gmutom and sleeperpick like this.
  15. sleeperpick

I don’t disagree considering if we lost AJ Javon or Jordan it would be catastrophic. We need both Greg and josh because they are big. Goanar can go but that’s just me. We need Hartwells shooting IMO. We don’t have it right now
  16. sleeperpick

I thought you were speaking generally my mistake
  17. sleeperpick

That’s fine but neither him nor XJ can necessarily shoot as of this moment. Javon streaky as they come and Jordan isn’t a guard. You really need a guard that can shoot to make this shitty offense that seems to be stagnant work.
    Petey Buckets likes this.
  18. sleeperpick

I also think Henry comes in and takes every second of mars playing time by game 5 if paulsen actually wants to win games.
    gmujim92 and FreeGunston12 like this.
  19. FreeGunston12

FreeGunston12 Starter

He shot 31% from 3, 38% from the floor last year. How much of that can be attributed to being sick? I don't know. But I think he's overrated as a shooter.
  20. tblack33

tblack33 All-Conference

Disagree, PG is one of those positions where you want to have depth and experience. Hartwell would be a huge loss for this team. We talk about not wanting XJ to have to play 35+ a game but that’s exactly what we’ll get if Hartwell transfers. A sophomore PG playing too many minutes.