Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Game 8: GMU (5-2 / 1-0) vs Dayton (4-2 / 0-1) on Saturday, January 2, at 4:30PM.

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Patriotsince81, Dec 30, 2020.

1. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

And Fordham beats Dayton 55-54...
    DJ3 and sleeperpick like this.
  2. sleeperpick

sleeperpick Hall of Famer

Two guys that can shoot and a guard that can play pesky on ball and help side defense is the difference between us and Fordham. They also have a soph big that looks like he has hit puberty too
  3. tblack33

tblack33 All-Conference

It’s official, we are somehow in worse shape than we all thought...
    DJ3 likes this.
  4. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah that Soriano kid is legit. Surprised he hasn't transferred yet. Local kid they got. Even his backup looked like a man.
  5. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Soriano will be their next P5 transfer after Neubauer gets the boot. He’s a horse.
    mkaufman1 likes this.
  6. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

I wanted mason to press in this game. Not that fake press. They were short handed, so push them and make them work.
  7. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

8. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

Seriously, I thought he was a senior last year. 6'11 250 pounds. Total horse and a complete man lol. Would not mess with him.
    gmujim92 likes this.
  9. psyclone

psyclone All-American

Crutcher and Watson go 0-7 from 3, and Flyers shoot 17% from 3 while Fordham goes 9-18 from that distance.

Flyers' other stats (2 pt %, rebounds, steals, ft% & # made) > Fordham.
  10. ephoops

ephoops Sixth Man

The pace of Dayton's game against Fordham was even slower than the pace of the Mason game.

According to KenPom, the Fordham game last night had 58 possessions. The Mason game had 63 possessions.
  11. JimP

JimP All-American

Good point. I'd argue Mason has more weapons than Fordham to speed it up, though it did work for the Rams.
  12. Herndon

Herndon Starter

I haven't watched the past couple days (work is killing me), but I see that Kolek appears to be the only point guard candidate starting at the moment (and was the leading assist man among guards). Has he been running the point, and if so, how has it looked?
  13. sleeperpick

sleeperpick Hall of Famer

Kind of and not bad but not great. Better than Jamal or XJ though. Not a strong dribbler makes a ton of freshman mistakes with passes that he shouldn’t attempt. But again I’d rather have him there than XJ and Jamal. Hopefully Polite steps up so Kolek can not have not do that as well as being our only real shooting threat
  14. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Yeah, he really likes the home run pass from like 3/4 court, sometimes over the top, sometimes diagonally across court. It’s great when it’s there, but not so good when it’s not.

I’d also say he’s not quick enough to get by his man when they are face guarding him, so having him on the ball takes away cuts to the basket.
    Bricker and sleeperpick like this.