Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Game 4: GMU (2-1) vs VMI (5-3) on Monday, December 21, at 1PM.

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Patriotsince81, Dec 16, 2020.

1. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

Normally I'd give the benefit of the doubt, but when I see the same old problems whether its weak competition or good competition, I don't care who they have/don't have. I see confusion on offense, bad turnovers, defensive breakdowns and just lucking into some baskets/runs. Some of the luck is just because the other team is worse.

Sure that works in buy games. But through 4 games, I'm convinced this team is what they are. I haven't seen anything that convinces me they'll get out of the PIG this year, and in year 6 that is pretty bad.

I'd love to be proven wrong but my days of being patient are over. If I saw a struggle but they finished them off with a 10-15 point win then fine, but when you struggle to win? No way.
    DJ3, sleeperpick and Patriotsince81 like this.
  2. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY Hall of Famer

Yeah, that's all fine and I mostly agree but its really not easy to not practice for 14 days and be down your leading scorer and look at all crisp in game one back.

Not saying some of the problems aren't systematic, but I mean thats really just reality.
  3. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

Alright- fair. But when they suck against Towson you'll have to have a new reason okay. :crazytongue::crazytongue:
  4. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

Announced attendance: 197
  5. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

The rooster is full of good bench players except AJ
    PoorManProfit likes this.
  6. tblack33

tblack33 All-Conference

Counterpoint is that Gardner Webb beat them by 11 and an underwhelming Penn St team clocked them by 21. With what seems to be a roster with 8 other SFs on it I'd expect that one of them could at least put up double figures.

This VMI team is bad. We are also pretty bad.
    sleeperpick likes this.
  7. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY Hall of Famer

Can't argue right now, obviously. I'm gonna judge this week as a whole and see where we are.

Better show improvement or the A10 will eat us up...
    sleeperpick likes this.
  8. tblack33

tblack33 All-Conference

Fair enough, to be fair I also haven't watched the game yet, but just looking at that box score, woof.

The bottom rungs of the A10 were probably watching that thinking they might be able to climb out of the PIG if that's the type of effort we are going to bring to conference play.
    Patriotsince81 and sleeperpick like this.
  9. phoenix-arizona

phoenix-arizona All-American

GL almost had an OT situation.
  10. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Hall of Famer

I think that's an improvement from last year!
    gmubrian and sleeperpick like this.
  11. PoorManProfit

PoorManProfit All-Conference

Couldn’t tell the difference between non-covid crowd and attendance yesterday.
    DJ3 likes this.
  12. gmubrian

gmubrian Starter

Am I the only one surprised at the number being that low?

On the bright side, it looks like we have capacity to have 53 members of the green machine play at the game if that number is predictive of attendance at future games.
  13. tblack33

tblack33 All-Conference

I’ll give them a one time pass on a short notice game on a weekday during working hours. If we can’t sell out A10 play (without selling to other teams fans) then there are much, much bigger problems with this program than I’d thought.
    jessej likes this.
  14. sleeperpick

sleeperpick Hall of Famer

50 tickets available for tomorrow's Towson game... Tix still available for all A10 games as well as far as I know too.. gotta think half of the 250 fans will be VCU or Richmond fans as well. very sad
  15. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

You can't have anyone sitting right next to each other spraying spit into the air from horns...just not going to happen (if you've ever sat next to a trombone player pouring spit out of a valve like it's a kitchen faucet, you'll know what I'm talking about).
    patriot2000 likes this.