Separate names with a comma.
Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!
Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Patriotsince81, Nov 27, 2020.
You actually took that line? You are a brave man.
I know, actually if I had known the Howard kid who didnt play in the first two games was playing, I wouldnt have...
Unfortunately, this game has not let us work at all on our biggest weakness - set offense against man-to-man. I get that we shot like crap yeaterday and so zone theoretically made sense to play against us. But we shot like crap against man. We can't move the ball against man. I was hoping for more of a tune up in that regard.
Dady so far is what I was hoping we’d get out of Gonar. Long guard, pretty solid at everything across the board, and hustles his ass off.
Lol at 20 point spread
So does anyone feel particularly good about this one? I saw one or two things to take away from this, but not a ton just based on the level of competition. Curious if I’m just that jaded already.
Well at least they won. And won big. More concerned with how they look on Friday now.
they imposed their will and won by a decent amount. Can’t ask for much more. At least it wasn’t a squeaker
Only thing is Miller took over in a way I hope he does more often. If he’s assertive, he is probably our most consistent player. Good rebounder, solid mid-range game. He needs to put this team on his back.
Woot! First division I win of the year!
So we beat up a low Div 1 team missing what..... 5 of its projected 5 starters for the season?
Remind me of this when Dayton or somebody is putting on a clinic against us...
Just got home from a "distancing" garage watch. A few observations:
1. We suck.
2. DP is one sorry example of a D1 coach.
3. Jamal, "I only shoot it when I have it" is a legend in his own mind who should never set foot on the court again in a Mason uniform. Not much use in D1 basketball for a 5'9", 140 pound point guard, who thinks he plays the 2 guard, who can't throw an apple in the ocean from a boat, can't defend, and makes no one better. (Disclaimer: I realize my opinion will not be popular among some fans. Build a bridge and get over it.)
4. We suck.
5. AJ? Javon? WTF? Have they moved to Vegas to be part of a disappearing act?
6. Some potential from the freshmen but they aren't the answer.
7. Fire DP now. Please, fire DP now. He's about as useful as a fifty pound bag of cement in the desert when you're trying to build a boat.
8. Prediction: Brad extends Dave this year because he doesn't know sh*t from Shineola.
9. Yes, beer was involved in my assessment.
nobody is hyping this win. can definitely still say Miller played excellent basketball, the two straight Wilson to Kolek 3's were awesome to watch and Javon turned it on in the second half. Still played non existent defense for a coach that needs to be shit canned. betteR?
3. unfortunately I now agree. play him 5-10 mins off the bench if at all
5. Javon played well in 2nd half. who knows what is going on with AJ
6. I like Henry, Kolek and Daddy... Polite supposed to be better than both of them so who knows
8. Probably because Brad Edwards may be the second most incompetent person in AD office to Paulsen... edit forgot about the shitty women's coach too
9. surprisingly sober as a gopher
Somehow Hartwell had 9 assists but yeah, hopefully polite can play his minutes
Haven't seen the box score yet. Did he really have 9 dimes? I hardly noticed that while watching him throw up brick after brick. If he averages 9 dimes a game, doesn't shoot, and can defend players bigger that he is, and that's everyone, then I may have to change my tune.
I’m only referencing a text from @MasonFanatic I haven’t checked the box score but I doubt he’d lie to me haha
Safe to say our assist numbers would go way up if we started making 15+ 3-pointers every game.
They are still sorry. Fire DP now!!!
1) Where is Wilson? WILSONN!!!!! (think cast away)
2) We've been such a terrible shooting team, it was nice to see these guys are capable of actually making open 3's