Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Game 24: AT Fordham University, Wednesday, February 7, 7 PM, Atlantic 10 Network

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Washingtonian, Feb 4, 2018.

1. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

I've said this a lot. There are obviously a few really nice arenas in the A10, but we are in the top half of the league when it comes to overall facilities.
    mkaufman1, mason89 and Walter like this.
  2. PoorManProfit

PoorManProfit Starter

Even when I used to go often and they were decent, it was always kind of a "blah" environment with many empty seats. I know this has likely been touched on before here, but while the Patriot Center is a nice standalone facility it has always had a few thousand too many seats to make it a must attend destination for a program with limited support from students/alumni.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  3. Jack Strop

Jack Strop Starter

Yes, it's called "mob mentality" in sociology. Compare the threads after Saturday's victory @ Richmond and last night's ugly-fest @ Fordham—@ Richmond, not one troll; @ Fordham, trolls out in force.

The best policy against the trolls outside of winning is to not feed them. The same points have been made a thousand times as rebuttal to the trolls' same old arguments spewed a thousand times. Trolls don't listen, they only like to eat. Well, trolls, EAT SH1T AND DIE! :tongueout:
  4. GreenLantern

GreenLantern All-Conference

When you get guys like DJ3 who only like posts that trash the team, then you have to question whether they have any desire to see the team win.
    mkaufman1 and Washingtonian like this.
  5. Joe Shannon

Joe Shannon Starter

They don't, they would rather be "right" about bashing Paulsen and being the first ones off the boat. That's why DJ3, PMP and Masonlawyer should all be on everyone's ignore list. I'm frankly kind of dumbfounded that they aren't already.
  6. Jack Strop

Jack Strop Starter

No, the trolls want to see Mason win. But, Mason can NEVER lose!
  7. Jack Strop

Jack Strop Starter

I participate in this forum for two reasons: 1.) I like to have solid inside information about my team; 2.) The forum is entertaining—I love a good laugh at how idiotic some people can be. Plus, some of you all are absolutely hillarious!

So, I don't ignore anyone here. I welcome all opinions. It makes me think. Others' opinions do two things for me 1.) Help me re-examine my own beliefs and either solidify them or provide the basis for positive modification; 2.) Help me to purge my body of unwanted bile and other toxic elements. Trolls=:vomit:. Either way, I win!
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  8. Washingtonian

Washingtonian All-American

The arena does draw some medium size musicians for concerts, that wouldn't fill up Capital One Arena.
    PoorManProfit likes this.
  9. PoorManProfit

PoorManProfit Starter

It def does. Great place for concerts.
    Washingtonian likes this.
  10. DJ3

DJ3 Starter

enough said...
  11. Walter

Walter All-American

I never put anyone on ignore. The handful of anti-DP posters are likely representative of a percentage of the Mason fan base. Their perspective is important.
  12. Joe Shannon

Joe Shannon Starter

Well, 2 more for my ignore list... KIDDING!

For me it's a cost benefit analysis, when someone establishes beyond a shadow of a doubt that they have nothing to contribute (not merely that they disagree with me or the majority), it doesn't benefit me to have to continually read their same posts over and over and over.
  13. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

The percentage of our fan base they represent is comprised of a bunch of f*cking morons who know nothing about basketball, so you’ll forgive me if I give their “perspective” the attention they are due: a big, fat zippo.
    Joe Shannon likes this.
  14. ephoops

ephoops Preferred Walk-On

I was at the game.

The fact that Mason shot 8 FTs the entire game, and only 3 in the 2nd half, was a joke. Fordham aggressively trapped the entire game, particularly in the 2nd half. Fordham even had a foul to give at the end of the game.

The non-call on Greene's drive at the end of the game was also a joke. He was clearly fouled.

As for some of the posters bashing Grayer, the kid's foot is clearly bothering him. He tried to give it a go last night but it did not work out -- I give him credit for that.
  15. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

I’m sure getting called for three BS fouls — while we kept getting mugged going to the rim with no call — didn’t help Grayer’s foot feel any better.

He was clearly frustrated with the officiating, which was atrocious all night.
  16. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Starter

Ah shoot I would have said hello - did you see a tall guy in a mason jersey? That was me.
  17. PoorManProfit

PoorManProfit Starter

On a somewhat related note I saw that the A10 tournament is being held at Verizon Center in DC? You want to talk about empty seats? That is going to look awful.
  18. MasonCrew

MasonCrew Starter

Jollay is pretty tall too. He has a very small penis though, which you don't see a lot in tall people.
    mkaufman1 likes this.
  19. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Starter

You would know this how...?

Wait never mind don’t answer that, back to discussing the game last night.
    gmujim92 likes this.
  20. TweederGMU

TweederGMU Starter

I just spit out my water

LOL