Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Game 15: GMU (8-6 / 4-4) at St. Bonaventure (8-1 / 6-1) on Saturday, January 30, at 2PM.

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Patriotsince81, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81 All-American

We stink. There is no one that we have that any other good team would want. Well, maybe Kolek as a sub.
    PoorManProfit likes this.
  2. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Its not all on the players. Yes, we don’t have a game changer and we could use a better PG and Center, but the way this current team is coached and what they’re asked to do on both sides of the floor stinks.

Ex: La Salle beat both Dayton and Richmond. There is no universe that they are a better team than we are, but they are scrappy and find ways to surprise.
  3. Patriotsince81

It's all about the coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He recruited them and has failed to coach em up.
  4. JimP

JimP All-American

What's the score of next year's game gonna be when St. Bonaventure returns everyone? Hope GMU only plays them once.
    By George. and Patriotsince81 like this.
  5. Patriotsince81

Bonnies by 35.
  6. tblack33

tblack33 All-Conference

congrats on getting the vaccine. I wish I got stabbed with needles rather than watching this embarrassing game.
  7. tblack33

tblack33 All-Conference

They will play us 3v6 and win by 12 if Paulsen is still coaching.
  8. Patriotsince81

Random hypothetical I found myself thinking of when I was driving home from work tonight:
    15 seconds left, we have possession following a dead ball, down 1, who do you want taking the shot? What about down 2? Down 3?

Calixte or Hartwell. Both are money!!!!!!!!
  9. PoorManProfit

PoorManProfit All-Conference

100% true fact.
  10. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Reminds me of the time in 5th grade where a buddy of mine and I challenged the entire rest of the class to kickball but we got to kick first...they never got a single out the entire recess.
  11. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

[​IMG]

SBUnfurled

@SBUnfurled

·
    36m

The Bonnies have won 10 of their last 11 against George Mason, by totals of 17, 9, 12, 11, 23, 16, 10, 19, 20, and 12.
  12. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

What I’m saying is, you give a better coach a starting 5 of Greene, Kolek, Miller, AJ and Oduro and they find a way to win more game than they lose. Top 4? Probably not, but at least 10-8.
    GSII likes this.
  13. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

Just once I would like Coach Paulsen to take some responsibility for a loss.

https://gomason.com/news/2021/1/30/mens-basketball-patriots-fall-to-st-bonaventure-in-olean.aspx:

"'Defensively, we were poor in the first half,' head coach Dave Paulsen said. 'Once they got in a rhythm, it was hard to get stops. I thought we played harder and better in the second half, but they made some timely buckets. Free throw shooting continues to be a damper for us. We make some of those and it can make a big difference. We're looking for more consistency defensively. 50 percent of the result today was our doing, while the other 50 percent was because of their quality as the first place team in our league.'"
    gmubrian and By George. like this.
  14. Patriotsince81

That will NEVER happen.
    gmubrian and GSII like this.
  15. Patriotsince81

That starting 5 is 8-10 AT BEST. WE'll just have to agree to disagree.
  16. PoorManProfit

PoorManProfit All-Conference

Nah. That’s a pedestrian, mostly unathletic, starting 5 that isn’t strong with the ball and doesn’t shoot well either. Not to mention awful defensively. These are frumpy Dave recruits. They, simply, aren’t A-10 good. Mostly.
  17. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Please, we got 2 against GW, 2 against St. Joes, 2 against UMass, 1 against La Salle and 1 against Fordham. That’s 8 games right there. You trying to tell me in a week where Dayton lost to both Fordham AND La Salle, a good coach doesn’t find a way to win that one? Duquesne is a winnable game, Davidson as well. Richmond also lost to La Salle. A good coach probably finds a way to sneak one past Richmond, URI, or VCU. 10-8 is definitely doable.
    gmujim92 likes this.
  18. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

Only highlights that matter are the ones our players will post from this game. Cant wait to see their individuall accomplishments. Someone post them as I hear its our thing to post highlights after losses.
    tblack33 and Patriotsince81 like this.
  19. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

If our coach was Mark Schmidt instead of Dave Paulsen, we’d be fighting for a double bye instead of trying to stay out of the PIG. I truly believe there’s that much difference.
    tblack33, Bricker and Patriotsince81 like this.
  20. Patriotsince81

THIS!!!!