Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Game 14: AT University of Rhode Island, Saturday, December 30th, 4 PM, Atlantic 10 Network

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Washingtonian, Dec 24, 2017.

1. DJ5 SIZE

DJ5 SIZE Walk-On

Me too! Can you let me know what they say? Also, would you like to help me email Bard to voice displeasure? LMK
    PoorManProfit likes this.
  2. Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81 Starter

Just watched Paulsen live on Facebook. Did he really just say he had "No idea" about UMass?
    By George. likes this.
  3. Five Two

Five Two Starter

I tried and never got it to work. Looks like I was better off not watching.

Given we play @ UMass on Wed just 2 hours away from Kingston, are we staying up there our are we coming home and going back up?
  4. Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81 Starter

Staying up there.
  5. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Hall of Famer

Duquense beat Dayton, 70-62.
    Richmond is giving Davidson fits (game is on NBCSN).
  6. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Hall of Famer

I tried on Firefox and Chrome. The pop up came up for flash on Firefox, but it didn't matter. It work on Edge.
  7. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

We just played the No. 1 team in our conference — a team that has 5 seniors — and two likely first-team all-A10 players — in its top 7.

We were picked to finish 10th. We play four freshmen, two sophomores and two juniors.

Overreact much?
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  8. DJ3

DJ3 Starter

I'm going to beat this point to death. The roster is DP's fault! I don't understand why people keep pointing to the roster as an excuse. DP missed on his early recruits. That's why we only have 2 juniors! It's not Hewitt's fault!
  9. PoorManProfit

PoorManProfit Starter

and to be honest, I'm worried about hanging on to the ones that are supposed to enroll next Sept. A season where I can see single digit wins concerns me.
  10. mason lawyer

mason lawyer Sixth Man

No! no! DP can do no wrong here. It' all Hewitts fault. We are heading in the right direction. Wake up people
    masonjoe, PoorManProfit and DJ3 like this.
  11. Jack Strop

Jack Strop Starter

Yeah, you, and DJ3, and PMP have had nothing else to say but yammer about Coach P and his perceived incompetencies and mistakes. We've heard enough of it. You're like the pâté de foie gras manufacturer cramming corn meal down a duck's throat until nothing else will fit!

We've heard your endless echo of opinions over and over and over. Ok, ok... your opinion has been noted. We're very familiar with how you stand on the issues. Very few agree with you, but it's in the record.

So, how are YOU going to fix your perceived problems with what it is Mason Basketball? I'm not talking about all this fantasy Coach and AD crap. What are you going to do, specifically? What actions are you GOING to take? Are you going to pickett outside EBA? Stage a sit in at Brad Edward's or DP's offices? Start a petition? Bring signs into games stating, "DP must go!"? What? What are you planning to do besides gripe, bitch, moan, nag, cry, complain, beef, belly ache, fuss, fidget, whine, sob, holler, and kvetch over how badly things are going right now with my beloved Patriots?

:bigwhiner: :tongueout: :vomit: (MasonLawyer, DJ3, and PoorManProfit respectively)

Say something substantive and contsructive for a change or shut the F up!!!
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    Mason2005, Washingtonian and gmujim92 like this.
  12. Joe Shannon

Joe Shannon All-Conference

Prophet.
  13. rf1

rf1 Recruit

Rhode Island fan here.

FYI - there were actually some Mason fans sprinkled throughout the crowd yesterday. A woman a few rows behind me seemed very excited to see your team and was proudly wearing its gear.

Question for you. During play in the 2nd half yesterday just as Rhody scored a three point basket, a small boy came out onto the court from the vicinity of the GMU bench. Someone with a suit on came out from that corner to grab the boy as GMU was bringing the ball back down the court. This child had already previously run out onto the court during halftime during a local youth exhibition. A woman that may have been sitting directly behind the bench ran out then to scoop him up. Given that the seats behind the visiting bench are normally given to the opponent team, and possibly a GMU rep (man in suit) grabbed him during play, it is assumed he was the son of someone connected to GMU (staff, player family, or prominent fan). Was this the case? I go to a lot of URI games and have never seen something like this before. If the kid is connected to GMU, has he done this at your home games? He was probably around 3 or 4 years old and could easily have got hurt given the size of the players.
  14. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

No idea who he belongs to. We only know him as DJ3.
  15. gmutom

gmutom All-American

I was going to say he is one of our walk-ons, but I like your response better. :cool:
  16. PoorManProfit

PoorManProfit Starter

We have this creepy dude that, at home games, lurks around the court during breaks in the action and shoots t-shirts into the crowd. It is t-shirt guys grandson that you saw.
    DJ3 likes this.
  17. Joe Shannon

POY with only hours to spare!
  18. Joe Shannon

No chance for that at our home games due to set up of the stadium and the coaches/players family sit several rows behind team bench and behind a hand rail. I'm not aware of any 3/4 year old sons of any of the coaches and I sit in the same section and have been to away games.

Those seats for away games also go to players family's, so that would be my best guess.
  19. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

#clutch :D
  20. DJ3

DJ3 Starter

I'm going to convince everyone that this is unacceptable. And hopefully you all can put pressure on the AD to start looking for a new coach