Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Game 13: GMU (6-6 / 2-4) vs St. Joe’s (1-10 / 0-5) on Wednesday, January 20 at 7PM.

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Patriotsince81, Jan 17, 2021.

1. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY Hall of Famer

I didn't see the game, was at a HS one, but great win.

Paulsen puts even more distance between him and Larranaga in conference wins last three years.
    tblack33 likes this.
  2. PoorManProfit

PoorManProfit All-Conference

FTFY.
  3. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

Dave wasn’t amazing with Dane and Aaron on staff, but it’s really obvious that without them he’s lost at this level even more.

MoJo might be a nice guy, but it’s obvious he hasn’t helped move the needle with this team at all.
    gmujim92 likes this.
  4. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Who can't wait for these two teams to play each other again on Saturday?!?!?
    gmubrian, Bricker, GMU_DCU and 2 others like this.
  5. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

appointment tv
  6. tblack33

tblack33 All-Conference

We are 100% losing the rematch after this one.
  7. Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81 All-American

We are a really bad team composed of flawed and limited players. Throw in an incompetent coach and you get GMU basketball its current form. Brad? Time to step up and do what's right.
  8. JimP

JimP All-American

4-12 from the FT line for AJ. He did have the "game winning" block - that was sweet. Wow though - is 8-12 asking too much?
  9. FreeGunston12

FreeGunston12 Starter

He needs the goggles back.
    jessej, JimP and GMUgemini like this.
  10. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

AJ’s block was bitter sweet.
    PoorManProfit likes this.
  11. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

Perhaps, I'm reading too much into this but I've noticed that AD Edwards has not retweeted much this season about the men's and women's basketball programs. Surely, this video deserves a retweet - https://twitter.com/MasonMBB/status/1352077265106993152?s=20?
  12. JPgmuswim

JPgmuswim Starter

Where is the video of him jumping over the St.Joes player with out fouling and then the guy putting in the layup?
    tblack33 likes this.
  13. tblack33

tblack33 All-Conference

I think you are reading too much into it.
  14. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

Brad has learned that cheap people sans Kathy, are the biggest problem in Funfax. He can't bring in $$$. So at this point he is probably trying to get out of Funfax and either on the Redskins or some other school is my opinion.
  15. PoorManProfit

PoorManProfit All-Conference

Most here aren’t bright enough to understand.
    DJ3 likes this.
  16. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Financially, if we were consistently raising at the level of 2017 (1.3 million) and our attendance was what it was in 2011 (5,800 fans per game) we'd be fine...right in line with a URI (2019 avg. attendance 5,700; 1.6 million in donations); but we need a program worth coming out to see and donate to.
  17. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

As limited as some of our players are offensively, there's no reason why they can't guard some random bench players on a team like St. Joe's. I mean, Jadrian Tracy was averaging 2.5 points per game coming in and dropped 18 on us. I lay that on the fact that our players get 0 help on defense and that there really doesn't seem like there's much of a plan out there.
  18. bravesfan

bravesfan Sixth Man

Agreed. I've donated to things like the A10 move, firing Hewitt, the practice facility, and I'll happily donate towards Paulsen's buyout.

And if they get back to putting something competent on the floor, I would increase my donation frequency in general.
  19. Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81 All-American

An unknown regularly lights us up. No plan in any area of the game.
  20. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

I think that's probably the sentiment of at least everyone on this board. And who knows, if the team consistently gets to the post season again, maybe we can get back to the three good years of post-Final Four attendance (2007, 2008, 2009) where we regularly had over 6,000 fans per game and actually sold out the arena (the full capacity arena) for big games.