Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Fire Dave Paulsen

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by tblack33, Jan 15, 2020.

1. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

There’s a third option but nobody wants to hear it.
  2. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

If BE supports Dave then let's see an extension after this season is over or before. You wanna talk the talk then walk the walk Bradford Edwards.
  3. Patriot Lawdog

Patriot Lawdog Starter

If the third option has anything to do with injuries, then, yep, I don't want to hear it. Part of recruiting is roster management. Having zero depth because of injuries is a part of that. If I were to look on the bright side, I would say that many guys this year have had to take on increased roles and that will benefit us next year, but I can't say that with a straight face given what I've witnessed the past 5 years. Guys playing well in an increased role and then regressing the next year. It's the number one reason I'm just not very hopeful for next year.
    GSII, gmubrian and sleeperpick like this.
  4. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

I tend to agree with this but for different reasons. Year in year out the middle of the pack A10 is such a dogfight I think it really doesn’t matter where you are picked/end up outside of the bottom 4 top 3-4. We’ve seen so many times seeding come down to tie breakers/1 game. The difference between 9-5 most years so minuscule it really doesn’t matter. This year seems like the first year we didn’t have a 4 team logjam at 5th or 6th place.
  5. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

I don’t really think this is accurate but I don’t care enough at this point to argue about it.
  6. By George.

By George. Starter

He’s officially too tired to debate. WOW
    GMUgemini likes this.
  7. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

The injuries hurt, yes, but that still doesn’t excuse the lack of a starting 5. Even if everyone is healthy, that just means a logjam at the 2 and 3 spots and no depth at the 4 and 5 spots.
  8. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

I turned 50 yesterday, so yeah, I’m old and tired now.
    The Great PATSby and mason89 like this.
  9. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

Happy Birthday Jim. Cheers!
    mkaufman1, gmutom, mason89 and 4 others like this.
  10. mason89

mason89 Starter

Welcome to the club, Jim! It's only downhill from here... :sadtongue:
    gmujim92 likes this.
  11. Walter

Walter All-American

Rumors that UNCW is going to the young Keatts coaching tree by naming his assistant Siddle.
  12. Five Two

Five Two All-Conference

What if you are a school who was waiting for their season to end before letting their coach go. How long to do you wait until you announce that decision, two weeks?
    DJ3 and sleeperpick like this.
  13. gmubrian

gmubrian Starter

Why wait. Hopefully we, I mean they, pull the trigger immediately to get the jump on the market. Don’t want to pull a TOC and have to go looking for a coach after all the hot prospects were already locked up.
  14. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

I would pull the trigger now while everyone is to busy worrying. You won’t get the potential backlash (talking general terms, and not specifically DP)
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  15. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

Watching the Mason vs St Joes game. So far Mar looks pretty good! I think Mar plays better with his back to the basket. He looked like a star his freshman year when paulsen used him as a center. Obviously he’s not a center, but he should be Wilson’s replacement off the bench.
  16. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

17. patriot2000

patriot2000 Starter

18. Mason32

Mason32 Sixth Man

19. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

It is definitely frustrating that he is hitting the off court bonuses primarily.

I'm beginning to wonder if all they want is a nice team of nice kids that graduate to represent the university or if they really want to win. The first is nice, but it'd be nice to win and be competitive too. I am probably just being a skeptical/miserable fan by asking that.

The next 12-18 months will really tell us once again what the program is going to be.
  20. sleeperpick

sleeperpick All-American

eh donations already WAY down. they will be even worse if we stay not competitive in league. If AJ transfers and Paulsen stays I am out until we find a new coach. They can kiss my couple grand per year goodbye. Not a lot but obviously I am not the first to do so thru reading their own data.
    PoorManProfit likes this.