Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Dave Paulsen's Staff

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Pablo, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Mason2005

Mason2005 All-Conference

We just need to get him to come to one of our tailgates now.
    By George. and mkaufman1 like this.
  2. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

Lmao - yeah I listen to podcasts rarely (although I should) and the tailgate thing probably not going to happen anytime soon haha. Although if everything is moved to the Spring, and conditions are good all around, it might be really hard for me to say no.
  3. mkaufman1

The one comment about recruiting regarding being in the same gyms as Dave, thats definitely a good thing as they collaborate going forward. It seems like MoJo is very familiar with the high character, athletic, and abilities that Dave has looked to get into the program the last 2-3-4 years.

That said, I'm curious when that happened, because we all have been critical of the recruits that Dave brought in at the beginning. I'm hoping it was more so towards the recent years (maybe last 3-4 years) versus the beginning of Dave's tenor.

I think Mojo can only help, especially with the identification of A10 talent. If nothing more, I think Mason also has some better facilities to show off than when Mojo was at GW (believe it or not!).
  4. sleeperpick

sleeperpick Hall of Famer

WhAt do you mean? Lol Dane seemed scared of his own shAdow and our young Canadian assistant literally cannot speak in front of people in the gold room.
  5. JPgmuswim

JPgmuswim Starter

Loved the interview, great job as always. Looking forward to seeing our recruiting hopefully take a step towards the direction we all hope for.
    By George. likes this.
  6. By George.

By George. Starter

Definitely helps to have a former head coach on staff plus he’s charismatic. Could drink brews with MoJo.
    sleeperpick likes this.
  7. mkaufman1

I’m obviously not around as much in eaglebank anymore but from my interactions and what I have seen (what’s posted on social media), plus folks I’ve talked to it seems like they have been a personable group for the most part. I know there’s been some exceptions.

now maybe you disagree, that’s fine. But from what I gather and have experienced they always have seemed engaging to me.

I don’t want to derail the thread, so cheers to having Mojo on staff, cheers to bygeorge for the great interview and hopefully we get a season (and a good one).
    sleeperpick likes this.
  8. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

I thought it was Pete that couldnt speak in public??
  9. sleeperpick

Pete was boring as hell but he could speak at least
  10. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

So, what, did Dane go red-faced and run out of the area or is this just another sleeper overreaction to something you don't like (I just watched his post-game against UNCW, Elon (senior night), and Drexel, as well as DP's distance dialogues and I can confirm the man can speak in a room with other people in it)?
  11. By George.

By George. Starter

MoJo’s so Dope
  12. sleeperpick

idk man you woulda had to donate and find out in person. Dane and Pete had the personalities of the boot that is currently holding my achilles in place. Bryson quite literally cannot speak in front of the 200 people of the gold room. Don't think you will find one gold room member who will refute that unless they are liars.
  13. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Yes. Great job on the interview.
  14. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

15. Jack Strop

Jack Strop Starter

Episode 12?!? Cool! I'll put 'em on my binge-watch list.
  16. sleeperpick

One of the few parts of Paulsen I really like is that he is super woke. He “seems” to understand the struggle some black athletes and people go thru and speaks up about them. He taught and learned about systematic racism with the team today via webex. Good for paulsen. He may not be able to coach in game or recruit but he absolutely is a high character individual and I will go to the bank thinking that
    psyclone likes this.
  17. GMU1983

GMU1983 Sixth Man

Good grief!
    Walter likes this.