Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Dave Paulsen

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by GMURaider, Mar 30, 2015.

1. mason89

mason89 Starter

We have seen both especially last year with Jalen shooting the non-3 outside shot off of a pick and roll. We've also seen the backdoor pick and roll from the top of the key, but only a little bit with Calixte. Those videos definitely show more polish. Hopefully, we'll get there soon.
  2. Dawgs99

Dawgs99 Starter

In reference to the vidoes....none of these screens and screen actions work if you have a team of dudes who can't shoot!
    PoorManProfit, DJ3 and GMUgemini like this.
  3. gmubrian

gmubrian Starter

Does any offense work if you have a team of dudes that can’t shoot?
    By George. and Walter like this.
  4. Mason2005

Mason2005 Starter

All you cry babies. Are you all on the same blow up raft, floating in your river of tears? We are still rebuilding, do you understand what that means? You can't compare rebuilds bc they all start at a different place and ppl rebuild in different ways. It took Hurley 6 seasons to rebuild and everyone thinks he'll get poached this off-season. Do you want the rebuild to go faster? Throw more money into the program. Front up or shut up!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Pikapppatri8 and GMUgemini like this.
  5. PoorManProfit

PoorManProfit Starter

I won't throw $ at a problem where the people handling my $ are incompetent. I will, however, purchase some Diet Mountain Dew to be delivered to Coach!
    GMUYoda likes this.
  6. Walter

Walter All-American

Diet Mountain Dew = kryptonite juice
  7. Herndon

Herndon Starter

So, we're coming to the close of year 3. If the remainder of the schedule plays out in line with the current standings the team will have finished 9-9 in conference two years in a row.

At some point you are what your record says you are, and George Mason is, at this point a solidly middle-of-the-pack A 10 team.

From my perspective, that's a roaring success for three years in.

I can't speak to whether Paulsen can field an elite a 10-team, but I think it's fair to give him credit for stabilizing the program out of the death spiral the virus had us in.
  8. Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8 Hall of Famer

Truth
  9. Mason2005

Mason2005 Starter

Truth

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
  10. Jack Strop

Jack Strop Starter

Now that PiKapp is alive and kicking, maybe he can put the smack-down on our Three-L'il-Trolls!
  11. Pikapppatri8

Who might they be? It seems I have missed much
  12. Jack Strop

Jack Strop Starter

DJ3, PoorManProfit, and MasonLawyer. Sadly they are home-grown. Three knuckleheads who come out from under the bridge whenever we lose a game. Stay tuned!
    Washingtonian likes this.
  13. Pikapppatri8

Interesting I did not know that.

Bottom line is everyone said at the end of last year this would be a tough season because we lost a lot to graduation and have underclassmen. We do have talent but are not complete and Paulsen has to engineer approaches to games as best he can. If our recruiting holds as documented - next year and the following year will be solid. Its only the third year from the dumpster fire years of Hewitt.

I have watched Mason basketball for 30 years now and I saw how it took Coach L a bit to get us going and he took a team that was not as bad as what Hewitt left Paulsen. So I think Paulsen has done quite well.

Last night - Paulsen utterly out-coached Anthony Grant. I remember when AG teams would give us fits.

So everyone chew on that.