Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Darrell Green Hired as Associate AD!

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by GreenLantern, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Mason2005

Mason2005 Starter

Burgundy and gold to the green and gold!
  2. GSII

GSII All-American

Two NFL guys at Mason. Hmmmm.....

"We are excited to kickoff the long awaited Inaugural season of Mason football. And with two Superbowl Champions leading the way, we are positioned for great success short term as well as long term. Congrats to Brad and Darrell for not only getting Mason football started, but building our 80k seat state of the art stadium in lighting speed. Complete with the Jollay Champagne Room and other features that will leave others in the ACC jealous" said Mason President Angel Cabrerra. Mason also reels in top recruiting class in football rich NoVa which should make Coach Dr. Gunnie's job a tad easier. Mason kicks off conference play at Zika Stadium in Miami who just named their field Larranga Land. Apparently, the longtime bball coach in his multiple yearly demands for raises also wanted the school named after him, but the request failed. Kickoff is at 7pm on all ESPN stations. Line is Mason -7.5.
  3. Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8 Hall of Famer

I just pray for a GMU commercial with Brad Edwards and Darrell Green on tv. I will literally be pleasuring myself to the point of self abuse.
  4. Mason2005

Mason2005 Starter

Ok this too much
  5. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

Seriously, is there anybody who doesn't like Darrell Green? I mean, even my Cowboy fan friends like Darrell Green!
  6. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

Which brings back memories of a commercial with two Washington players a while back.
  7. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

I am a Cowboys fan and I've always had a ton of respect for Darrell. Just a great guy. Not sure how anybody could dislike him.
    Five Two likes this.
  8. Pikapppatri8

Too much? TOOO MUCH??? I think not!
  9. Mason2005

Mason2005 Starter

I was just kidding, keep going.
  10. p8triotfan4life

p8triotfan4life Sixth Man

Slam dunk hire. Welcome Darrell!
  11. Pikapppatri8

Well Done Brad Edwards - keep swinging for the bleachers.
    gmujim92 likes this.
  12. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

If I'm a 16 year old recruit and I visit Fairfax and I see a guy with 3 Super Bowl rings and is in the NFL Hall of Fame I think it's pretty cool even if he retired when I was 2 years old. Great hire on so many different levels.
  13. Mason2005

Mason2005 Starter

Rather think what that recruits dad is thinking, especially if its a local kid. I'd want my kid to be at Mason just so I could hang out with Darrell Green!
  14. GSII

GSII All-American

Now if we could get Monk, Riggins, Jacoby, Clark we got a solid football dept. I kid.
    Washingtonian and MasonFanatic like this.
  15. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

And Gibbs, Bugel, and Petitbone while we're at it!
    MasonFanatic likes this.
  16. DJ3

DJ3 Starter

Green was on the junkies this morning. Mostly talked about the redskins, but when asked if Mason is pursuing football he answered with "I was not hired to bring football to George Mason" He went on to joke saying do you want to donate to have a 106.7 the fan stadium.
    JPgmuswim and MasonFanatic like this.
  17. Five Two

Five Two Starter

18. DJ3

DJ3 Starter

Walter likes this.
  19. Washingtonian

Washingtonian All-American

20. Plink833

Plink833 Walk-On

This was posted in January. Has anyone heard one word about Darrell and what he might be doing? My son is doing a camp going on at GMU/the fieldhouse this week, and when I went to pick him up today, I asked 3 athletic department staffers where his office was/if I could meet him, and all 3 said he did not have an office in the fieldhouse presently, and 1 said under his breath that no one has seen him in months.

Anyone know anything about this? I sure would love an update on what we're paying him for.