Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

Boyd out for the 2019-20 season. Kier to miss at least four to six weeks.

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Jack Strop, Oct 4, 2019.

1. No. Unless he or someone else wants to pay.
  2. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Daniel Relvao and Bryon Allen were both cut loose after unexpected injuries. I suppose it's up to the coach (and player) to figure out what's going to happen with that scholarship next year. I can't imagine Boyd not grad transferring, though.
  3. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Bryon Allen? He played four years at Mason.
  4. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

He was recruited to West Virginia and Huggins pulled his scholarship before coming because of a medical red-shirt.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/370418-bryon-allen-says-hes-coming-to-george-mason

Same thing happened to Relvao...he was committed to Valparaiso and their senior forward was red-shirted and came back and they had to cut him loose.

Probably should have made it clear that I was talking about incoming freshmen players whose scholarships were taken away because graduating seniors got a fifth year of eligibility because of injuries and stayed with their teams.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    gmujim92 and sleeperpick like this.
  5. You are misinformed.
  6. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

what do you mean? About what?
  7. You clarified that you didn’t make your original thought clear.
  8. sleeperpick

sleeperpick Hall of Famer

I mean it is a fact regarding WVU and Bryon Allen. not sure about Relvao.. didn't deserve a scholarship anyway. I don't get your point
    DJ3 likes this.
  9. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

http://www.valpoathletics.com/mbask...-men-welcome-relvao-smits-to-crusader-family/

Same thing happened to Relvao. His scholarship was taken away because Vashil Fernandez was given another year of eligibility. Yeah, to be sure, it's too bad they didn't just keep him.

Pretty telling they kept big man Derrik Smits and cut Relvao loose -- although, they lost Smits, too, since he transferred to Butler.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  10. His original post came across as though he was talking about the two leaving George Mason. He clarified that in his next post.
    sleeperpick, gmujim92 and GMUgemini like this.
  11. Herndon

Herndon Starter

Any news on Kier?
  12. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Goff’s season preview says they hope he’ll be back either by UMD or the holiday tournament.
    Herndon likes this.
  13. psyclone

psyclone All-American

Herndon likes this.
  14. FreeGunston12

FreeGunston12 Starter

So long as he doesn’t sit out and medical transfer, he can take his time. That’s my new worst nightmare for this program.
  15. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Kier isn’t going anywhere. He is all-in on Mason. Fortunately for us, he doesn’t have a parent who thinks our program is too small time for his kid.
  16. JimP

JimP All-American

Navy game notes states he will be out a few weeks. I'm guessing we won't see him on the court until December.
  17. sleeperpick

sleeperpick Hall of Famer

Jim let the unsubstantiated hate go. You notice we haven’t argued in weeks right ? Because neither has made dumb ass comments. Let’s both do our beat to keep it that way. Other than telling you I’m jaires dad I’m not sure what I can do to prove to you are so wrong in this one. Just let it die he is not on our team
  18. JimP

JimP All-American

It's too bad, from what I read about TCU they aren't primed to have too great of a season. We shall see.
  19. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

Sweet justice would be for DP to beat.dat.ass @ TCU and give a huge middle finger to a certain dad.
    gmujim92 and JimP like this.
  20. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

You are right. My bad.