Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

News Adidas New Outfitter of George Mason Athletics

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Robot, May 21, 2015.

1. Five Two

Five Two Starter

While this makes sense, I think the school and Adidas are missing a key component.
    We go to games or watch them on TV and see the players and coaches wearing certain types of sneakers, warmup shirts, shorts, polo shirts, etc. That drives demand. I know I saw DP wearing a certain Adidas polo shirt one game and it was no where to be found at the bookstore. A friend told me last night he was looking for a certain pair of sneakers he saw the coaching staff wearing last year during the coaches vs cancer game (when the coaches all wear sneaks with their suits) and he couldnt find them.

Seperately, I would like to see more schools allow their coaching staffs to wear polos/golf shirts instead of suits. If I'm Adidas, Nike, UA I would love that exposure. There is no rule that says coaches have to wear suits. Huggy and Mike Brey dont even wear ties. DP and GA Southern's coach dont keep their jacket on and the GA Southern coach loosened his tie right after the tip. Most coaches don't want to be in suits anyway so let them wear Adidas shirts, pants and sneaks.
  2. GSII

GSII All-American

Tom Landry is turning in his grave.
  3. The Great PATSby

The Great PATSby Starter

4. Five Two

Five Two Starter

Tex Schramm told a story about how Landry didnt care for the new cheerleaders the team was going to create, the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. Tex told Landry that he was trying to make money (sex sells) and turned on Debbie Does Dallas. Tom turned around walked out right out the office door.
    GSII likes this.