Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

News Adidas New Outfitter of George Mason Athletics

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Robot, May 21, 2015.

1. Five Two

Five Two Starter

While this makes sense, I think the school and Adidas are missing a key component.
    We go to games or watch them on TV and see the players and coaches wearing certain types of sneakers, warmup shirts, shorts, polo shirts, etc. That drives demand. I know I saw DP wearing a certain Adidas polo shirt one game and it was no where to be found at the bookstore. A friend told me last night he was looking for a certain pair of sneakers he saw the coaching staff wearing last year during the coaches vs cancer game (when the coaches all wear sneaks with their suits) and he couldnt find them.

Seperately, I would like to see more schools allow their coaching staffs to wear polos/golf shirts instead of suits. If I'm Adidas, Nike, UA I would love that exposure. There is no rule that says coaches have to wear suits. Huggy and Mike Brey dont even wear ties. DP and GA Southern's coach dont keep their jacket on and the GA Southern coach loosened his tie right after the tip. Most coaches don't want to be in suits anyway so let them wear Adidas shirts, pants and sneaks.
  2. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

Tom Landry is turning in his grave.
  3. The Great PATSby

The Great PATSby Starter

4. Five Two

Five Two Starter

Tex Schramm told a story about how Landry didnt care for the new cheerleaders the team was going to create, the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. Tex told Landry that he was trying to make money (sex sells) and turned on Debbie Does Dallas. Tom turned around walked out right out the office door.
    GSII likes this.
  5. Herndon

Herndon Starter

Can we talk about how spectacular this year's uniforms are, and how quickly I have come to hope that it is our permanent look? The alternating stripes on the collar/arms and side are just super sharp.

This is beyond a shadow of a doubt my favorite uniform set that Mason has ever had
  6. FreeGunston12

FreeGunston12 Starter

Am I correct in remembering that there is no alternate yellow / black / whatever this year?
  7. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

No alternate and I don’t expect us to have one as long as Paulsen is our coach.
  8. FreeGunston12

FreeGunston12 Starter

I understand the “approach every game the same” philosophy if that’s what it is. But I did enjoy the mix in of the gold every once in a while for seemingly big games. And although clichéd, the black from a couple of years ago was probably my favorite alternate jersey. The potential for a “burn your boats” alternate has a certain appeal to it, no?
  9. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

I loved the gold alternates and hated the cursed black ones, but Dave is old school. I really don’t care what we wear as long as we win.
    FreeGunston12 and GMUgemini like this.
  10. dr. gunnie

dr. gunnie Poster of the Year Staff Member

I’ll be extremely disappointed if we don’t have an alternate retro 80’s jersey next year to commemorate the 88’-89’ team. Those jerseys were so nice!

[​IMG]
  11. Leesburg Chankenstank III

Leesburg Chankenstank III All-Conference

Otis honors that team every single game with his shorts.
  12. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Nice dose of perspective on how far our program has come in less than 30 years.

Our current team has a losing record and I'm reasonably confident it would take that 1988-89 team to the woodshed.

(Of course Kenny Sanders would still get 25 points and 15 rebounds against us. He was a monster.)
    mhAdmin and mason89 like this.
  13. mason89

mason89 Starter

It's unbelievable that a guy who was basically the same size as Jaire Grayer averaged 20 and 10 for his career.
    gmujim92 likes this.
  14. dr. gunnie

This thread got me thinking about our uni’s so much that I had to change my avatar to represent the new Jersey.
    gmujim92, gmutom and mason89 like this.
  15. Jack Strop

Jack Strop Starter

Wait I'm confused. Are you saying you're running for Chris Christie's governor seat?
    dr. gunnie likes this.
  16. MasonFanatic

MasonFanatic All-Conference

YES YES YES
  17. dr. gunnie

I’m assuming that Adidas will be coming out with their tournament slogan and will be sending out the shirts to teams soon. Last year was Create Yours. Wondering what this year’s shirt will be?

[​IMG]

Oh, and I’m still pissed that nobody wanted one of these - the long sleeve green shirts the guys had on last night were nice!

[​IMG]
  18. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

Temara....lol.
  19. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

I’m gonna go with “F*ck VCU!”
  20. dr. gunnie

I like it. Every Adidas school in the country with F*ck VCU!

I'd wear it.